PDA

View Full Version : Track Days near Charlotte

zer0t
07-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Are there any tracks in the Charlotte area (or within a couple of hours) in NC or SC? There's a good chance I am relocating this summer and wanted to get the lay of the land.

derf
07-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Devils Ridge in Sanford NC, Road Atlanta in Atlanta GA,Summit Point in Summit WV, I really cant think of any other places that does them or where they are, nor do I know who actually runs those trackdays.

Trip
07-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Carolina Motorsports Park will be the closest to you. It's a good track, was a lot better before they took out the tight corners.

sportbiketracktime.com puts on a good day there.

zer0t
07-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Hey thanks for the quick responses.

Ducati Diva
07-06-2009, 12:00 AM
CMP is the closest to you. Short and very technical. Great for smaller bikes, big bikes don't have enough room to stretch out.

Roblin(g) Roads is another small track near you. Small track, very technical.

VIR in VA

Road ATL in Ga

are the closest to you. These are all curiosity of Jeeps. He's road all these and says you'll be satisfied with any of them.

zer0t
07-06-2009, 06:11 AM
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

z06boy
07-06-2009, 10:03 AM
CMP is the closest to you. Short and very technical. Great for smaller bikes, big bikes don't have enough room to stretch out.

Roblin(g) Roads is another small track near you. Small track, very technical.

VIR in VA

Road ATL in Ga

are the closest to you. These are all curiosity of Jeeps. He's road all these and says you'll be satisfied with any of them.

These are the ones that I would have listed.

Also this one which is real close to Charlotte BUT not sure about trackdays etc...

http://racehighrock.com/home.aspx

Looni2ns
07-07-2009, 04:37 PM
If you're in Charlotte, it's about 2 hrs to Carolina Motorsports Park (CMP) in Kershaw, SC. Virginia International Raceway (VIR) in Alton, VA is about 3.5 hrs. away. Road Atlanta (Road A) in Brazelton, GA is about 3.5 away. Roebling Road (RRR) is just outside of Savannah, GA, is about 5.25 hrs. Talladega Gran Prix (Little Tally) in Munford, AL is about 4 hours away. Barber Motorsports Park (Barber) in Leeds, LA is 6 hours away. :dribble:

Depending on when you get settled, we'll be at CMP on 8/22-23, Tally on 10/17-18, and Barber on 11/21-22 (w/e before Turkey Day). Check out the site in my sig for more details. We have links to the individual tracks so you can check out the layout. You're moving to one of the best locations for access to tracks and great mountain riding. :rockwoot:

tached1000rr
07-07-2009, 07:02 PM
If you're in Charlotte, it's about 2 hrs to Carolina Motorsports Park (CMP) in Kershaw, SC. Virginia International Raceway (VIR) in Alton, VA is about 3.5 hrs. away. Road Atlanta (Road A) in Brazelton, GA is about 3.5 away. Roebling Road (RRR) is just outside of Savannah, GA, is about 5.25 hrs. Talladega Gran Prix (Little Tally) in Munford, AL is about 4 hours away. Barber Motorsports Park (Barber) in Leeds, LA is 6 hours away. :dribble:

Depending on when you get settled, we'll be at CMP on 8/22-23, Tally on 10/17-18, and Barber on 11/21-22 (w/e before Turkey Day). Check out the site in my sig for more details. We have links to the individual tracks so you can check out the layout. You're moving to one of the best locations for access to tracks and great mountain riding. :rockwoot:

I'd love to make the CMP trip but I will not be able to, but I should be able to make the October dates at Tally. I will hit you up closer to that date for sure.

zer0t
07-08-2009, 08:26 PM

Cool, will do.

Looni2ns
07-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I'd love to make the CMP trip but I will not be able to, but I should be able to make the October dates at Tally. I will hit you up closer to that date for sure.

When you sign up, be sure and let us know who recommended you, and from what board. And, you'll see me at the registration desk. :-)

Looni2ns
07-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Cool, will do.

Be sure and let me know who you are when you register the morning of the event. I handle registration. :-)

tached1000rr
07-09-2009, 06:31 PM
When you sign up, be sure and let us know who recommended you, and from what board. And, you'll see me at the registration desk. :-)

cool will do

zer0t
07-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Be sure and let me know who you are when you register the morning of the event. I handle registration. :-)

thanks, i certainly will.