PDA

View Full Version : And Here's The Top Contender For The Ugliest Aftermarket Exhaust!!!

Amber Lamps
07-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Wow! WTF are they thinking?

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/VANCSonest.jpg

My girlfriend wants a slip-on on her Baby Ninja to wake it up (sound wise) and I came across this monstrosity! On the positive side, I also found this full exhaust for about $400 shipped new.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/SDC10346.jpg

Corey
07-06-2009, 09:10 AM
If the first one was slung up as a twin undertail setup on an R1 or something similar, I think it'd match up better than throwing it on the bulbous curves of a Busa. Still wouldn't piss any money away on it, but I think the looks would be less horrendous.

Dave
07-06-2009, 09:24 AM
why am i not surprised that that thing is on a busa? prolly set new sales records if they keep to that market :rolleyes:

zed
nothing can make the ass of that bike look good or is it nothing could look good with an ass like that hanging above it.

z06boy
Full exhaust for $400...cool and nice looking carbon can...well in 250 size.

Trip
07-06-2009, 09:35 AM
the laser and gatlin gun exhausts are still a lot worse

zed
07-06-2009, 09:50 AM
the laser and gatlin gun exhausts are still a lot worse

that Gatling gun one is cool as hell.:rofl::bonk:;)

Amber Lamps
07-06-2009, 09:52 AM
The pic is just an example, apparently they sell this can for the Ninja 250 as well.

Amber Lamps
07-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Full exhaust for $400...cool and nice looking carbon can.

Yea she's not looking for any major power gains or anything, just some noise.

Example;

Sorry it's a link. This is the D and D on this bike, not too shabby.

http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/mpeg/539-11.mpg

Dave
07-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Yea she's not looking for any major power gains or anything, just some noise.

Example;

Sorry it's a link. This is the D and D on this bike, not too shabby.

http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/mpeg/539-11.mpg

toldyaso. Im over them for inlines, but their ptwin stuff sounds killer

derf
07-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Ok other than the sound, my first question is why? She will prolly wind up getting a new bike in a year or two, plus its a 250! Its a 250 damnit!

cuttle
07-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Ok other than the sound, my first question is why? She will prolly wind up getting a new bike in a year or two, plus its a 250! Its a 250 damnit!

that's what I thought too: WHY???

Dave
07-06-2009, 01:59 PM

why not?

Amber Lamps
07-06-2009, 03:48 PM
why not?

Yep this is going to be another of those threads!:lol: In a way I agree that it's a waste of money but on the other hand, if she can get a full exhaust for $400... Hey, I have to agree the bike sounds like a sewing machine now and it's her money so why not? I have no room to talk, I've had 5 different frame sliders on my bike. I just put a new H.I.D. light system on it and I have a new body kit on the way that looks almost exactly the same as the old one. I have 12 helmets sitting in my living room and 10 jackets in the closet sharing company with 5 sets of riding boots. I guess that if it makes her happy, it's worth it.

z06boy
07-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Yep this is going to be another of those threads!:lol: In a way I agree that it's a waste of money but on the other hand, if she can get a full exhaust for $400... Hey, I have to agree the bike sounds like a sewing machine now and it's her money so why not? I have no room to talk, I've had 5 different frame sliders on my bike. I just put a new H.I.D. light system on it and I have a new body kit on the way that looks almost exactly the same as the old one. I have 12 helmets sitting in my living room and 10 jackets in the closet sharing company with 5 sets of riding boots. I guess that if it makes her happy, it's worth it.

Baller !!! :lol:

Sixxxxer
07-06-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm with the Why not Crew...

Who gives a fuck...Besides, Loud bikes Save lives.

derf
07-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Naw I'm all for adding an exhaust for whatever the reason, but at the end of the day chances are the bike is gonna be traded or sold within a year once she gets the feel of it and wants to upgrade, or she puts it down, in which case you may want to put the new exhaust on when the old one is all mangled.

Just try and tell her to hold off on it till next spring when she has a better feel of the bike and some experience.

Oh yeh, and its still a 250!

derf
07-07-2009, 05:54 PM
And back to the original post with the busa can, it kinda reminds me of a butter knife

HRCNICK11
07-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Dude baby ninjas with pipes are loud like a v-twin type loud. I kind of like the look of that pipe if it was on a bike with shape angled baby work like a VFR or the old apes sport touring bike. But I have trouble thinking of another bike it would look nice on. It looks like crap o the rounded Busa.

I like the swiss cheese brake arm. If there is one thing you should not drill a bunch of holes in, it be the brake arm on a bike as fast as a Busa!

Amber Lamps
07-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Dude baby ninjas with pipes are loud like a v-twin type loud. I kind of like the look of that pipe if it was on a bike with shape angled baby work like a VFR or the old apes sport touring bike. But I have trouble thinking of another bike it would look nice on. It looks like crap o the rounded Busa.

I like the swiss cheese brake arm. If there is one thing you should not drill a bunch of holes in, it be the brake arm on a bike as fast as a Busa!

I know right? Wow you're really going to feel that .003 grams you saved there buddy!:lol: Oh and I have to admit the 250 does sound cool with an exhaust!