PDA

View Full Version : Glove Help

JoJoYZF
04-04-2008, 04:00 PM
I was about to order my new gloves today but just last night I started considering a different glove. Now I need some opinions, theyre both alpinestars but one is basically a 3/4 length glove and the other is a gauntlet. I dont plan on being on a track for at least another season or two, but Im trying to get better protection than the basic JR stuff that I have now. Its between these two...

A* GPX (http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/astar-gpx-glove-black.jpg/Brand/ALPINESTARS/Class2/Gloves/Class3/Street%20Gloves-Mens/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS)

A* GP Plus (http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/GPPLUSBLK.jpg/Brand/ALPINESTARS/Class2/Gloves/Class3/Street%20Gloves-Mens/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS)

Cutty72
04-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Either will be a good glove.
I wear shorter gloves now for daily riding, I'll pickup some gauntlets for the track though.

it's all personal preferance.

marko138
04-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Gauntlet. There is no other choice.

Trip
04-04-2008, 09:32 PM
I have some slightly used GP plus gloves I will sell you for cheap. Never crashed in, maybe worn on two rides. That's if your hand is a large. I think I have em around here somewhere.

JoJoYZF
04-04-2008, 09:40 PM
I have some slightly used GP plus gloves I will sell you for cheap. Never crashed in, maybe worn on two rides. That's if your hand is a large. I think I have em around here somewhere.

I was thinkin about those but most gloves that I wear are mediums. You think theyd fit?

Trip
04-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I was thinkin about those but most gloves that I wear are mediums. You think theyd fit?

Don't know, do you have a local dealership that sells A* gloves. I wear a large in everything they make, so try that.

JoJoYZF
04-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Ive been lookin but so far the closest one that sells any a* shit is about 2 hours from me. Unless maybe nts knows of one, Ill see if I can find one. I remembered you had those on the other site and that would be awesome if theyll fit.

Phenix_Rider
04-04-2008, 11:23 PM
I'd get the shorter glove if you ride to do errands. You know- gear up, ride, stop, gear off, repeat. My summer gauntlets aren't too bad, but they do take longer to get on and off. Winter (insulated/lined) gauntlets are a bitch because the liner/insulation bunches up.

Mr Lefty
04-04-2008, 11:25 PM
trip I'll buy those if he doesn't... my bro needs some gloves... he's bumm'n mine right now..

let me varify what size he needs... and I'll get back to ya... (mine are XL's and they were kinda tight on me but they stretched out nicely)

JoJoYZF
04-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Ive been thinkin that same thing but have been debating since I already have short cuff gloves, they just dont have too much protection on em. The good news is though that I have a little bit of time (til at least next pay day) to decide since I just stumbled across a great deal on the jacket I want (see other thread).

trip I'll buy those if he doesn't... my bro needs some gloves... he's bumm'n mine right now..

let me varify what size he needs... and I'll get back to ya... (mine are XL's and they were kinda tight on me but they stretched out nicely)

If he wants em and theyll fit theyre his. I have to wait a little bit before I can buy anything since I just found a jacket. Plus Im still pretty sure I will need a medium.

Mr Lefty
04-04-2008, 11:36 PM
naw bro... you've got first dibs... I don't need my gloves back till september...

oh... and just FYI... I have the GP Pro gloves and I LOVE them... they fit a little snug for the size... but the Kangaroo leather stretched out perfect... there was 0 break in time! soft and easy to open and close from the first fitting.

I'm think'n my bro needs XL's anyways... his hand is almost as big as mine. and it just gives me an excuse to get another pair :lol:

JoJoYZF
04-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Haha. Im definitely gonna try to see if theyll fit since this would save a ton of money between these and the new jacket being cheaper. That just means Ill have my boots that much sooner. If he ends up wanting em though, thats cool. Like I said itll be at least a week or two before I can find out.

Trip
04-04-2008, 11:59 PM
just let me know who wants them, I got to find these fuckers again. I tried to sell them and then when no one wanted to buy them. I put em up for safe keeping, only problem is I don't remember where safe keeping is. Dammit... :lol:

JoJoYZF
04-05-2008, 12:03 AM
just let me know who wants them, I got to find these fuckers again. I tried to sell them and then when no one wanted to buy them. I put em up for safe keeping, only problem is I don't remember where safe keeping is. Dammit... :lol:

I do that shit all the time. Ill definitely let you know what I come up with. Just out of curiosity, ebbs said his fit a little tight, are yours the same? Cuz Ive actually read that in a few reviews of a* gloves.

Trip
04-05-2008, 12:35 AM
I do that shit all the time. Ill definitely let you know what I come up with. Just out of curiosity, ebbs said his fit a little tight, are yours the same? Cuz Ive actually read that in a few reviews of a* gloves.

They fit me perfect. That's what I wear now.