View Full Version : Touching helmets

tommymac
07-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Why is it that every non MC rider feels compelled to touch your helmet if its sitting somewhere and usualy manage to mess with it. Our dumbass secretarty comes in here an dputs a hand and some finger prints on my visor, then an office guy comes in and leans over and puts his hand on it and leans a bit towards it. I told him its a 500 dollar lid and since I am the doc on site I iwll break his arm if he does it again since I can fix the fracture.

:overkill:

Tom

shmike
07-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Why is it that every non MD in scrubs refers to themselves as a doc when no real DR's are around?

tommymac
07-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Why is it that every non MD in scrubs refers to themselves as a doc when no real DR's are around?

Dont watch the show so cant help ya there ;)

shmike
07-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Scrubs the clothing item not Scrubs the TV show! :lol:

Ya' know Tommy, my digs aren't as funny when I have to explain them! :didntdo:

tommymac
07-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Scrubs the clothing item not Scrubs the TV show! :lol:

Ya' know Tommy, my digs aren't as funny when I have to explain them! :didntdo:

Dont ya hate when that happens :lol:

Tom

Ninjakel
07-08-2009, 12:02 PM
:dvrofl::dvrofl::dvrofl:

Rider
07-08-2009, 01:44 PM
I've never had that issue. The only ones that ever want to touch my helmet are my kids. I'd leave my helmet on a shelf in my office within reach of anyone who enters my office but everyone kept their grubby mits off. I guess engineers respect personal property? :idk:

Particle Man
07-08-2009, 02:21 PM
I ride by several bodies of standing water on the way in... my helmet is usually so covered in dead insects when I get to where I'm going that nobody wants to touch my helmet :lol:

tommymac
07-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I've never had that issue. The only ones that ever want to touch my helmet are my kids. I'd leave my helmet on a shelf in my office within reach of anyone who enters my office but everyone kept their grubby mits off. I guess engineers respect personal property? :idk:

Funny thing was the guy I had to remind to take his hand off my helmet was either an architect or an engineer.

I bought 3 of those helmet hangers like i saw at the gap i should bring one here so my helmet is up out of the way :thumb:

Tom

Phenix_Rider
07-08-2009, 03:40 PM
I ride by several bodies of standing water on the way in... my helmet is usually so covered in dead insects when I get to where I'm going that nobody wants to touch my helmet :lol:

:lol Mine too!

But at work I keep mine in a bookcase with a folding lid- and before that on the lowest shelf where almost no one could see it. Nobody even tries.

The only time I worry is when I'm at home and the cat or somebody thinks it's okay to just shove it around or place it on the edge of a cabinet. It COST ME $400! WHO's going to pay for it?

buzzcutt2
07-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Another misleading thread title...:lmao:

Rider
07-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Anyone posting stories about getting that helmet touched will be banned for life.

Amber Lamps
07-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Funny thing was the guy I had to remind to take his hand off my helmet was either an architect or an engineer.

I bought 3 of those helmet hangers like i saw at the gap i should bring one here so my helmet is up out of the way :thumb:

Tom

Yea btw where's the pics, me and the gf were just discussing this about 5 min ago.

Amber Lamps
07-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Anyone posting stories about getting that helmet touched will be banned for life.

So I went in for confession and Father Flattery asked if I wouldn't be more comfortable with him on his side of the confessional....:lol:

Gas Man
07-08-2009, 03:54 PM
I simply don't have these problems. Hmmmm must be a rocket problem.

wildchild
07-08-2009, 04:43 PM

:lol

wildchild
07-08-2009, 04:45 PM
here for some reason they like to play with the face shield. it's mirrored on my helmet so they get some thrill out of putting it up and down to see how it looks or something.

not too many do it just a couple

tommymac
07-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Yea btw where's the pics, me and the gf were just discussing this about 5 min ago.

I hav ebeen meaning to snap some for you guys just been so frekin busy as of late and just got the internet up and going at home on sunday. Next week I have more down time so I promise a few pics.

Tom

JoJoYZF
07-08-2009, 11:10 PM
I actually snapped on a guy I work with for messing with my helmet. I told him not to touch it since I saw him put his hand on the visor, then he decided to be an ass and smear his hand down the whole visor so I politely told him to go fuck himself in front of a few friends of his.

jtemple
07-09-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm an asshole. People know this. Therefore, they don't mess with my shit.

HurricaneHeather
07-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm an asshole. People know this. Therefore, they don't mess with my shit.

Same here. :dthumb:

Trip
07-09-2009, 10:52 AM
People usually want to put my helmet on kids. I tell them I will punch them in the face if you do. Then say "sorry, I don't really like lice, spit, or your kids nasty dandruff on my head.

I don't think they would appreciate me scratching all the potential shit on my head/scalp into their face, so I think it is reasonable not to want their kids head in my helmet.

pauldun170
07-09-2009, 12:20 PM
I avoid the whole "people touching my helmet" by maintaining an appropriate amount of dead bugs on it.

"Go ahead....I dare you to pick it up."
Just wash your hands afterwords..

Cruzergirl
07-09-2009, 12:41 PM
After a girl I didn't even know sat on my motorcycle and threw it over on it's side... the helmet thing just doesn't seem like such a big deal (to me) anymore... :lol:

HurricaneHeather
07-09-2009, 12:43 PM
After a girl I didn't even know sat on my motorcycle and threw it over on it's side... the helmet thing just doesn't seem like such a big deal (to me) anymore... :lol:

:eek:

Sixxxxer
07-09-2009, 06:57 PM

I'd smack a hoe fo sho

Cruzergirl
07-09-2009, 07:57 PM
:eek:

I know!

I'd smack a hoe fo sho

I would rather have smacked her slimy boyfriend while the girl was laying under my bike because HE was the one that said "Go ahead, sit on it. It's only a rice burner (ie; not a Harley)." Then, "Try and pick it up" From then it was slow motion of me running across the parking lot saying nooooooooo. C_NT!

So, yeah, touch my helmet, maybe but if you come near my bike (without permission) heads are gonna roll! :lol:

Yamerhaw
07-10-2009, 01:03 PM
shit i didnt know everyone on here was a doctor or an architect so i'll chime in and say that nobody bothers my helmet over at NASA, i guess astronauts just respect people's personal property:whatwhat:

Cutty72
07-10-2009, 01:11 PM

Same here.

Amber Lamps
07-10-2009, 03:27 PM
shit i didnt know everyone on here was a doctor or an architect so i'll chime in and say that nobody bothers my helmet over at NASA, i guess astronauts just respect people's personal property:whatwhat:

I know right?:lol: We're definitely the poor cousins on this forum....:wink: