PDA

View Full Version : PA Championship Trophies

marko138
07-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Yesterday the 3 champ trophies of the PA teams where on display. Obviously, Lord Stanley's Cup is the most impressive. And suck it Philly. Go Steelers, Go Pens. Pretty damn cool. Over 7000 people came through to check them out.

Curb
07-08-2009, 04:35 PM
That is pretty cool...I wonder if one state has ever held all 4 championship trophies at once...that'd be something to brag about

Rider
07-08-2009, 04:49 PM
That is pretty cool...I wonder if one state has ever held all 4 championship trophies at once...that'd be something to brag about

No. There are only a handful of states with 4 different sports teams Usually hockey or basketball fuck it up. MI, NY, MA, CA, TX, FL, NJ(giants & jets play in NJ), AZ, IL OH, and PA. None of them have had all 4 trophies in the same year.

marko138
07-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Pittsburgh having 2 of the 4 is pretty bad ass. And it's safe to assume the Pirates aren't contending any time soon.

tommymac
07-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Pittsburgh having 2 of the 4 is pretty bad ass. And it's safe to assume the Pirates aren't contending any time soon.

I would say thats prety accurate :lol:

Tom

Trip
07-08-2009, 05:51 PM
The Lombardi trophy is the only one I really care about, the world series would be a far second. Don't give two shits about hockey. I wouldn't even consider basketball on my radar though, at any level.

derf
07-08-2009, 06:02 PM

Hey they did great this year, a buddy of mine is a huge pirates fan and he was very happy when their record hit 500, his words to me were "when the pirates won as much as they lost and that means that they are a mediocre team, which for them is like winiging a pennant"

marko138
07-09-2009, 07:39 AM
The Lombardi trophy is the only one I really care about, the world series would be a far second. Don't give two shits about hockey. I wouldn't even consider basketball on my radar though, at any level.

I'm becoming more and more of a Hockey fan. That cup is impressive. I was surprised the Lombardi is so small comparted to the others. And basketball...fucking sucks. Especially the pro's.

Hey they did great this year, a buddy of mine is a huge pirates fan and he was very happy when their record hit 500, his words to me were "when the pirates won as much as they lost and that means that they are a mediocre team, which for them is like winiging a pennant"

Thats absolutely true. I wish they were better...but hey...what can you do?