PDA

View Full Version : Test rode a B-King

nhgunnut
07-09-2009, 08:29 PM
I had to take my Goldwing in for an inspection (god I love that couch rocket)
So I took it to the Dealer I bought Busa from as he is local and not to bad a sort. Sitting on his floor is two 08 B-Kings (yes I know they now longer import them to the states.) He asked me if I wanted to test ride one while I waited (anyone who knows me knows I will test ride a Honda 50 if you ask me twice)
So I pick the one that has the Two Brother Slip Ons that clean up that silly looking ass end. The they role it out of the show room then fire it up. Ok WOW 1340 ccs snap to life ( with a capital SNAP) Climbing on to it the first thing I noticed was How similar the seating position is to the KTM 990 Super Duke. I was surprised by how comfortable it was because the tank from the the front appears very wide but its bulk disappears once you are on the bike. As I left the dealer ship I surprised myself with a roll on leaving the lot. Looking down I was at 60. Throttling back, I rolled out to the first stop sign and turned onto a nice little secondary road. This thing puts far more torque down low then the first Gen Busas. Brakes are better as well. This thing wants to run and run hard. The wheel base and gearing make it a wheelie monster. While 100lbs heavier and 2.5 inches longer then the Super Duke it simply doesn't feel it. I snaps through the Turns like a much smaller machine and because you are getting around 160 RWHP stock she will more then take back anything in the straights you give a way in the turns. I think I have found my next bike. Any one need a VIctory or a Ducati?

Phenix_Rider
07-09-2009, 09:13 PM
It is a blast to ride. Too bad it looks like Decepticon doo... And that tank width never "disappeared" for me.

nhgunnut
07-09-2009, 09:29 PM
It is a blast to ride. Too bad it looks like Decepticon doo... And that tank width never "disappeared" for me.
No question it is wide . But after the first 1/2 mile it was gone. If I can shift my Victory or my My Duc I will have one with a slightly taller wider set of handle bars with a set of heated grips. The Two Brothers makes the Decepticon look disappears.

marko138
07-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I do need a Duc. Too bad my wife disagrees.

nhgunnut
07-11-2009, 02:16 PM
OK so I went back and rode the B-King again today. I had it out for about 1 1/4 hours over a pretty wde mix of of surface and condtions. Long and short it wow! What a great ride! I know that this thing is ugly as a mud fence but dam it fits me well and has in credible power plant (Stock Numbers 162 RWHP and 100 Ft Lbs of torque) Since the one I was riding had the Two Borthers Carbon Cans and tailight it was less hidous than the stock one. So after talking numbers and making a deposit I will be trading the 999 on wed.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/rick1957_photo/003.jpg
SO here is My new ugly brute ( but you only getr to look at the tail light so bite me)

Cutty72
07-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Duc for a Bking... ok.
How much ya gotta throw down to make it come out?

nhgunnut
07-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Duc for a Bking... ok.
How much ya gotta throw down to make it come out?

Not quite a duce,I know some of you are screaming but the ride sold me. Corners well goes like hell.

Sixxxxer
07-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Fuck it as long as your happy...

I like different, and that thing sure is Different.

Cutty72
07-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Not quite a duce,I know some of you are screaming but the ride sold me. Corners well goes like hell.

Na, I get ya. Duc's are track orientated, and you don't seem to be on the track 24/7.
BKing is a more utilitarian ride, and I feel that entirely!

karl_1052
07-11-2009, 11:37 PM
SO here is My new ugly brute ( but you only getr to look at the tail light so bite me)

Some of us should be able to keep up.:D

nice bike, I only hate the mufflers, so yours looks damn fine!

Homeslice
07-12-2009, 12:28 AM
That looks pretty damn good from that angle.

Amber Lamps
07-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey as someone who rides something most people don't like, I say go for it! You have to be happy with your bike and no one else. Besides, I'm sorry but they don't get much uglier than a 999 IMHO...:idk:

I had the same problem in '99 when I wanted to get rid of my '97 YZF1000. I wanted a "Hypersport" but hated the looks of the "Busa" and didn't want a Honda, especially with linked brakes. So I put money on the ZX12. Well, after a year of delays and problems, I finally broke down and bought that fugly 'Busa. Looks aside, it was possibly the best "streetbike" I've ever owned.:rockwoot:

Homeslice
07-12-2009, 01:52 PM
People always say the 999 is ugly and that the 1098 is magically the world's best looking bike :lol

There are so many 1098's running around, they've become boring to me. I would actually rather have a 999 so I could be different.

karl_1052
07-12-2009, 05:58 PM
People always say the 999 is ugly and that the 1098 is magically the world's best looking bike :lol

There are so many 1098's running around, they've become boring to me. I would actually rather have a 999 so I could be different.

I always liked the 999.

But then again, I think the busa and B-King look good too.

Homeslice
07-12-2009, 07:57 PM
I always liked the 999.

But then again, I think the busa and B-King look good too.

Don't you have a new Busa, blue w/gold wheels? That one actually looks good.

Until you look at it from a head-on view, of course :p

nhgunnut
07-12-2009, 08:22 PM

I have the 05 LE Busa in Gun Metal Grey metal flake and since it has a turbo and a fuel rail I can protect you from having to look at he front by only showing you my tailight!

Dave
07-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Hey as someone who rides something most people don't like, I say go for it! You have to be happy with your bike and no one else. Besides, I'm sorry but they don't get much uglier than a 999 IMHO...:idk:

I had the same problem in '99 when I wanted to get rid of my '97 YZF1000. I wanted a "Hypersport" but hated the looks of the "Busa" and didn't want a Honda, especially with linked brakes. So I put money on the ZX12. Well, after a year of delays and problems, I finally broke down and bought that fugly 'Busa. Looks aside, it was possibly the best "streetbike" I've ever owned.:rockwoot:

so you never got the 12? was it te factory screwing up or the dealer?

Amber Lamps
07-13-2009, 02:18 AM
so you never got the 12? was it te factory screwing up or the dealer?

They had a bunch of manufacturing delays and then they extended the break-in because of engine failures... anyway, I had heard that the "Busa was kicking the ZX-12s ass so I said fuck it and bought it. That was definitely a case of form following function. Oh and the Busa definitely kicked the other hyperbikes in the ass performance-wise!

Phenix_Rider
07-13-2009, 09:36 AM

I don't like the 748/848/1098 catfish face. The 749/999 is gorgeous!

Dave
07-13-2009, 09:59 AM
They had a bunch of manufacturing delays and then they extended the break-in because of engine failures... anyway, I had heard that the "Busa was kicking the ZX-10s ass so I said fuck it and bought it. That was definitely a case of form following function. Oh and the Busa definitely kicked the other hyperbikes in the ass performance-wise!

ahh, always liked the direction kawi took with the twelve. composite frame and all that sounded badass, if not a giant pain to work on. best looking hyperbike so far to be sure.

marko138
07-13-2009, 10:01 AM
The 999 has always been my favorite Ducati. Love that bike.

the chi
07-13-2009, 10:25 AM

That was my thought as well, and having ridden a busa, and liking the looks of the BKing, congrats my friend!

z06boy
07-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Congrats Rick...glad to see it all work out for you. Hopefully I'll get to ride it one day as I did the Duc and I definitely appreciated it.

Yamaha's got the V-Max and now Suzuki has the Mad-Max...I mean B-King. :lol:

Amber Lamps
07-13-2009, 01:24 PM
ahh, always liked the direction kawi took with the twelve. composite frame and all that sounded badass, if not a giant pain to work on. best looking hyperbike so far to be sure.

Oh yea, I liked the looks for sure but I got tired of waiting... besides, I might have ended up on Kawasaki from then on...:panic:

karl_1052
07-13-2009, 01:38 PM

I do, and not too many people get the head on view.:rockwoot:

Dave
07-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Oh yea, I liked the looks for sure but I got tired of waiting... besides, I might have ended up on Kawasaki from then on...:panic:

:lmao: oh it wouldnt have been that bad. The gen 1 and gen 3 tens are monsters. Specially the 3 despite its looks and just think, you wouldnt be lost in a sea of blue and white :lol:

Amber Lamps
07-13-2009, 07:24 PM
:lmao: oh it wouldnt have been that bad. The gen 1 and gen 3 tens are monsters. Specially the 3 despite its looks and just think, you wouldnt be lost in a sea of blue and white :lol:

Oh yea like the "rare" Hondas and Yamahas...:lol:

marko138
07-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Exactly.

Amber Lamps
07-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Exactly.

Okay now it's getting creepy...:lol:

marko138
07-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Okay now it's getting creepy...:lol:
We are rolling today, pal.

Dave
07-14-2009, 09:51 AM

true :lol: every area seems to have its dominant brand ( i just havent found one with kawi yet) last nights meet had about 80bajillion r1s. and not a single 09' :lol:

Amber Lamps
07-14-2009, 10:08 AM
true :lol: every area seems to have its dominant brand ( i just havent found one with kawi yet) last nights meet had about 80bajillion r1s. and not a single 09' :lol:

Well, if you were a bit older, you might remember when EVERY sport bike was called a Ninja! I do mean every!:lol: Then every guy had to have the new GSXR, then the FZR, then the CBR900RR, etc. I definitely goes in waves. I went out of my way to have different bikes than everyone else. I literally rode with 5 other guys and all five of them had CBR900RRs when I had my '95 FZR1000. I owned one of the two YZF1000Rs I have ever seen on the road. Then I went to the 'Busa which everyone hated the looks of... I finally gave up and went with the crowd, sometimes they're right!:lol:

z06boy
07-14-2009, 10:15 AM
One of our bike nights a week ago had so many GSXR's...mainly Busa's with fat tire kits that I couldn't believe it. There were several other bikes as well but the GSXR's were in full force...stretched...lowered...and big tires.

Plenty of cruisers as well...overall it was a good mix.

Amber Lamps
07-14-2009, 10:26 AM
One of our bike nights a week ago had so many GSXR's...mainly Busa's with fat tire kits that I couldn't believe it. There were several other bikes as well but the GSXR's were in full force...stretched...lowered...and big tires.

Plenty of cruisers as well...overall it was a good mix.

Yea GSXRs are definitely the top selling sport bike right now...a decade of racing dominance will do that for you!:rockwoot:

z06boy
07-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Yea GSXRs are definitely the top selling sport bike right now...a decade of racing dominance will do that for you!:rockwoot:

Yep because those fat tire kits speak volumes for racing dominance. :lol:

Oh...check this link out...nice topics. :lol

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gsxr+squid&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Amber Lamps
07-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Yep because those fat tire kits speak volumes for racing dominance. :lol:

Oh...check this link out...nice topics. :lol

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gsxr+squid&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Hey now, I'm talking over all... I can't comment on you guys down here and your swingarms and fat tire kits. You hardly see that where I'm from.:lol: Hell, I saw a fucking 250 with an extended swing arm the other day!!!!:panic: I almost crashed!!!:lol:

marko138
07-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Hey now, I'm talking over all... I can't comment on you guys down here and your swingarms and fat tire kits. You hardly see that where I'm from.:lol: Hell, I saw a fucking 250 with an extended swing arm the other day!!!!:panic: I almost crashed!!!:lol:
Are you serious? A 250 with a stretch? Shit.

Amber Lamps
07-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Are you serious? A 250 with a stretch? Shit.

No shit! I tried to get my camera phone out of my jacket pocket, hence the "near crash":lol: I was like "no fucking way!!!":lol:

Dave
07-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Well, if you were a bit older, you might remember when EVERY sport bike was called a Ninja! I do mean every!:lol: Then every guy had to have the new GSXR, then the FZR, then the CBR900RR, etc. I definitely goes in waves. I went out of my way to have different bikes than everyone else. I literally rode with 5 other guys and all five of them had CBR900RRs when I had my '95 FZR1000. I owned one of the two YZF1000Rs I have ever seen on the road. Then I went to the 'Busa which everyone hated the looks of... I finally gave up and went with the crowd, sometimes they're right!:lol:

actually i do remember those days lol. Not well though. Still love that you had a thunderace. Always liked those for some reason, ive even got one of those maisto models of one chilling on my dresser

Amber Lamps
07-14-2009, 11:43 AM
actually i do remember those days lol. Not well though. Still love that you had a thunderace. Always liked those for some reason, ive even got one of those maisto models of one chilling on my dresser

Maybe, I'll break out my scanner and post some pics for you later.

Dave
07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
was yours the black grey or red white?

Amber Lamps
07-14-2009, 12:12 PM
was yours the black grey or red white?

Red/White

Dave
07-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Red/White

nice

Gas Man
07-14-2009, 11:22 PM
I think the b-king is dead sexy!!!!

karl_1052
07-14-2009, 11:54 PM
nice

get a room

Dave
07-15-2009, 12:15 AM
get a room

a room? i have many. right now im in the living room :lol:

z06boy
07-15-2009, 09:38 AM

A 250 ? :whatwhat: :lol: Now I haven't seen that yet. Yeah the Charlotte area being rather large has all types. Maybe these particular GSXR guys met up before and just all came together. I was just surprised to see so many at one event.

I'm not anti-gsxr either...just busting your chops with the earlier post. :lol

Particle Man
07-15-2009, 10:17 AM
once the stock muffler is off the thing I think it looks really good!

nhgunnut
07-15-2009, 01:26 PM
once the stock muffler is off the thing I think it looks really good!

First I own and love the bike. But all the pipes do visually is lessen the degree of Hideous. The best view of the bike is across the hande bars.
I will be doing my best to black out the chrome and aluminum in the coming months. Since it is an orphan bike I ordeered a shop manuall and X-TRE