PDA

View Full Version : There's a new sheriff in town...

OneSickPsycho
04-04-2008, 09:19 PM
:willy:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/onesickpsycho/IMG_0141.jpg

Trip
04-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Nice, this reminds me I need to go take that class to get my CC

OneSickPsycho
04-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Nice, this reminds me I need to go take that class to get my CC

That's high on my list of things to do.

'73 H1 Triple
04-04-2008, 09:42 PM
I have pics of the new sheriff ......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/JRD77VET/fish%20pics/Fall2004FishingTrip057.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/JRD77VET/fish%20pics/Fall2004FishingTrip058.jpg

:whistle:

OneSickPsycho
04-04-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm way fatter.

'73 H1 Triple
04-04-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm way fatter.

:beers:

Nice weapon. Good luck with it and be safe

Jeff

Mudpuppy
04-04-2008, 10:22 PM
my buddy just picked one of those up.. i haven't shot it yet but it feels like a quality gun.. the changeable adjustable grip is nice.. the way you field strip it in like 1/10th of a second is real nice.. still not sure i am a fan of an internal hammer.. is that a 9mm? my buddy got the 9mm and its nice and compact.. like 1/2 the size of my ruger p95dc..

OneSickPsycho
04-05-2008, 12:23 AM
my buddy just picked one of those up.. i haven't shot it yet but it feels like a quality gun.. the changeable adjustable grip is nice.. the way you field strip it in like 1/10th of a second is real nice.. still not sure i am a fan of an internal hammer.. is that a 9mm? my buddy got the 9mm and its nice and compact.. like 1/2 the size of my ruger p95dc..

It's a .40 cal...

It's my first gun... I got it cause it felt perfect in my hand... medium grip for me...

I stripped it down in probably 30 seconds the first time... After a couple tries I could get it down to about 15 seconds...

A couple guys walking by at the gun show said they had one... one guy said he's had over 5,000 rounds through his without isse...

vabarber2
04-05-2008, 09:40 AM
So... Hows she shoot? Awsome piece of machinery! :drool:

OneSickPsycho
04-05-2008, 03:26 PM
100 rounds through and I'm lovin' it! Need a lot more practice though... my shooting was pretty shitty...

Mudpuppy
04-05-2008, 11:24 PM
dude you made a wise decision as that is a high quality piece.. my friend who has it is far more wise about guns and quality than i could ever aspire to be and he bought one.. .40 cal - nice.. you can gator hunt with that bitch.. let me tell you i have owned and been around guns my whole life.. when i was younger mainly shot rifles and shotguns and i am a fucking dead eye with iron sights with any rifle or shotgun.. i just started shooting pistols like 5 years ago.. i couldn't hit a motherfucking whale if i was 5 feet away from it.. i suck shooting a pistol.. if someone ever did break in i would just unload the clip and use the spray lead theory.. i am sure 2 or 3 would hit that motherfucker while my pit bull chewed them up..

i am going to go to the range with my friend and shoot his m&p as i want to get a .40 cal as well and i am seriously considering it.. if it shoots 1/2 as good as my ruger its a done deal..

best of luck sheriff - be safe..

Gas Man
04-06-2008, 12:57 AM
I got the Glock 23. Took my CCW class today. Will finish it up this week when I get it filed.

Mudpuppy
04-11-2008, 10:06 PM
I got the Glock 23. Took my CCW class today. Will finish it up this week when I get it filed.

i am not a big fan of the glocks.. i know they are very popular though and you can immerse them in water not that i ever would need to.. i am not planning any combat missions to walmart or anything through the detroit river in full camflouge.. i also heard that glocks are wildy inaccurate.. of course so am i so maybe i should get a glock.. well at least with a pistol i am.. give me a rifle and i will shot the nuts off a fly at 1,000 meters with iron sites.. with a pistol i couldn't shoot a fucking wale 10' in front of me..

OneSickPsycho
04-12-2008, 12:52 AM
I am not a fan of how Glock's feel, but do recognize they make a quality piece...

I'm not too terrible of a shot...
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/onesickpsycho/IMG_0142.jpg

Cutty72
04-12-2008, 11:03 AM
At what range?

Captain Morgan
04-12-2008, 11:23 AM
At what range?

Exactly...

I'm a decent shot with a pistol at both close and long distances. A lot of it is in the stance and the way you hold the gun. MP, are you right eye or left eye dominant? That's something you also need to know to improve your accuracy.

OneSickPsycho
04-12-2008, 11:59 AM
At what range?

Not very far... Prolly 12 yards or so...

Exactly...

I'm a decent shot with a pistol at both close and long distances. A lot of it is in the stance and the way you hold the gun. MP, are you right eye or left eye dominant? That's something you also need to know to improve your accuracy.

I am heavily right eye dominant...

Cutty72
04-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Not very far... Prolly 12 yards or so...

Try it at 25 yards and report back.

t-homo
04-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Congrats man. I was actually at the gun shop today with my bro and dad. While my dad was shootin the shit with some guys my brother and I started looking at pistols some. The M&P was one of the two that caught my eye. The other was a Ruger P95 9mm that was like 350 or something.

OneSickPsycho
04-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Try it at 25 yards and report back.

I did that too... Grouping wasn't quite as pretty... In fact... 4 of 15 missed the target completely... I'm workin' on it... Still not bad considering my level of experience...

Congrats man. I was actually at the gun shop today with my bro and dad. While my dad was shootin the shit with some guys my brother and I started looking at pistols some. The M&P was one of the two that caught my eye. The other was a Ruger P95 9mm that was like 350 or something.

M&P just felt the best in my hand... the Ruger, forget the model, felt damn good too... There was also a Beretta that was real nice... Ultimately it was the $50 rebate and two free clips that swayed me...

t-homo
04-12-2008, 06:29 PM
How did you decide on which caliber? I guess I don't really know much of anything about handguns.

OneSickPsycho
04-12-2008, 06:45 PM
How did you decide on which caliber? I guess I don't really know much of anything about handguns.

Liked the stopping power of the .45, but also liked the price of the 9mm ammo... Met in the middle...

I'm considering buying a .22 to play with... that's when shooting gets REAL cheap...

dReWpY
04-12-2008, 07:33 PM
.45 gets expensive fast...

Mudpuppy
04-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Exactly...

Left eye dominant.. I am just not very good with a pistol but also haven't shot pistols too much.. I have shot rifles and shotguns millions of times..

Mr Lefty
04-13-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm a very good shot with a rifle... but with a pistol not so good... my problem is I'm left eye dominant and right handed... with a rifle I still use my right eye but my left is closed... with a pistol I don't close my eye... so my left eye takes over... it's wierd.

I've only fired a pistol on 5 diffrent occasions... just need more practice I think.

Nice looking piece OSP

GearGrabinGuy
04-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Nice lookin peice. keep praticing!

Mudpuppy
04-13-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm a very good shot with a rifle... but with a pistol not so good... my problem is I'm left eye dominant and right handed... with a rifle I still use my right eye but my left is closed... with a pistol I don't close my eye... so my left eye takes over... it's wierd.

I've only fired a pistol on 5 diffrent occasions... just need more practice I think.

Nice looking piece OSP

I am left handed and left eye dominant..

So I shoot a bow left handed but use a right handed bow.. its backasswards and totally unorthodox but i am deadly accurate with a bow..

most rifles are set up for right handers but i have no issue shooting them other than brass coming out the wrong side..

Mr Lefty
04-13-2008, 10:29 PM
I am left handed and left eye dominant..

So I shoot a bow left handed but use a right handed bow.. its backasswards and totally unorthodox but i am deadly accurate with a bow..

most rifles are set up for right handers but i have no issue shooting them other than brass coming out the wrong side..
I can actually shoot a rifle left or right... I'm pretty acurate left... but I'm very acurate (not quite deadeye IMO) Right.

Pistol is kinda the same... though I'm a shit shot both hands with a pistol... :lol:

Gas Man
04-15-2008, 01:23 PM
You want a nice piece... spend the money. Get a Sig! My bro's county issue is is P226R 9mm and its awesome!

Also remember less weight means more recoil.. hence why your glocks have more kick and are sometimes considered less accurate. Its really the shooter not the gun.

Further, you talk about "oh try it at 25 yards" blah blah blah. You want to be accurate and fast to draw. Trust me, you won't be shotting somebody at 25 yards. And if you do... you'll be a defendant at trial. Most of your instances will be in the 10 yard or less range.

I'm not saying don't be accurate at long distance... just that its not as usefull for what you are firing. pistols are a close combat firearm.

Rider
04-15-2008, 01:28 PM
You want a nice piece... spend the money. Get a Sig! My bro's county issue is is P226R 9mm and its awesome!

Also remember less weight means more recoil.. hence why your glocks have more kick and are sometimes considered less accurate. Its really the shooter not the gun.

Further, you talk about "oh try it at 25 yards" blah blah blah. You want to be accurate and fast to draw. Trust me, you won't be shotting somebody at 25 yards. And if you do... you'll be a defendant at trial. Most of your instances will be in the 10 yard or less range.

I'm not saying don't be accurate at long distance... just that its not as usefull for what you are firing. pistols are a close combat firearm.

Thats why alot of firing ranges have a line drawn at 7 yards.. so you can practice from that distance.

t-homo
04-15-2008, 01:47 PM
My bro went to the gun shop last weekend to get a super-lightweight pepper spray cause he goes solo hiking all of the time and the girl behind the counter was trying her hardest to talk him into gettin a P22. It would have been cool as hell.

z06boy
04-15-2008, 03:51 PM
I like the .40 cal due to being more powerful than a 9mm and able to have higher capicity in a smaller package than a .45 cal...especially for concealment. To me it's just a good middle ground between the two.

Rider
04-15-2008, 03:53 PM
I like the .40 cal due to being more powerful than a 9mm and able to have higher capicity in a smaller package than a .45 cal...especially for concealment. To me it's just a good middle ground between the two.

.40 cal FTW.

Cutty72
04-15-2008, 06:56 PM

and a bit cheaper ammo