PDA

View Full Version : Bmw s1000rr

azoomm
07-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Motorsport edition:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/azoomm/bmw/s1000rr/S1000RR-MotoColors2.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/azoomm/bmw/s1000rr/S1000RR-MotoColors.jpg

It will also be distinguished by a polished exhaust and swing arm....

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/azoomm/bmw/s1000rr/S1000RR-MotoColors1.jpg

Ninjakel
07-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Thats a sexy bike.

Trip
07-14-2009, 09:54 PM
That one looks as though someone has had some fun on it. Chicken strips aren't gone, but the rear tire definitely has some nice wear.

Particle Man
07-14-2009, 09:55 PM
isnt' that the one with the freaky lights and the shark gills on only one side that we talked about a while back?

azoomm
07-14-2009, 10:03 PM
isnt' that the one with the freaky lights and the shark gills on only one side that we talked about a while back?

Yessir.... it's teh sexeh

derf
07-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Yeh she's a sexy bike, but every time I see a picture of one I think they look like a supermodel who is walking around with a black eye

shmike
07-14-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm not ready to say it is growing on me just yet...

I like white bikes.

The exhaust is the least hideous of the liter bikes.

The gills are not as atrocious in this scheme than the metallic-baby-puke green.

I still don't see the "sexy." :idk:

azoomm
07-14-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm not ready to say it is growing on me just yet...

I like white bikes.

The exhaust is the least hideous of the liter bikes.

The gills are not as atrocious in this scheme than the metallic-baby-puke green.

I still don't see the "sexy." :idk:

The green is actually quite awesome. The pictures don't do it justice.

The exhaust has a catalytic converter - and from what everyone tells me, that is the first thing they want to rip off. However, it has expansion chambers on the headers AND a butterfly in the can itself. No other full system will give you that. AND, it's 24 pounds for the ENTIRE system. :dthumb:

There isn't anything on this bike that doesn't have a REASON... :whistle:

smileyman
07-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Base price is 13,800, wonder what the SP goes for? Its a killer bike and will definitly stand out at bike night, you know the engineering and performance wont disappoint. As for looks? Meh.

Trip
07-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Base MSRP: $13,800

Options:
Race ABS (excluding DTC): $1,000
Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) Combined: $1,480
Gear Shift Assistant: $450
Anti Theft Alarm: $395
Motorsports Paint Scheme: $750

Dave
07-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Base price is 13,800, wonder what the SP goes for? Its a killer bike and will definitly stand out at bike night, you know the engineering and performance wont disappoint. As for looks? Meh.

bike night...this being a bmw chances are the guy who brings it is gonna be a class a toolbox. Im talkin snap-on grade. I really do like the way the bike looks, but me and german cars have never got along well. I cant imagine this would be much different

pauldun170
07-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm really digging it in green...but I don't know if I would want to make a long term commitment on BMW.

Either way...2010 is shaping up to be an interesting year (when I will finally go and get a new bike...leading contender is the CBR1K)

z06boy
07-15-2009, 01:16 PM
I don't really care for the headlights. The sideview is nice.

fnfalman
07-15-2009, 01:49 PM
you know the engineering and performance wont disappoint.
So far WSBK results say otherwise. And I'm sure that some shit will break and BMW will blame the owners because their engineers have never put out a bad product before.

Do you guys know that even until now, they refuse to admit that their servo-assist ABS braking system was a moronic idea not to mention that the pump was well known for failing yet they refuse to put out a recall on the damn pump?

I oughtta drive the goddamn BMW into a wall and collect insurance and be done with The Roundel once and for all.

Dave
07-15-2009, 02:00 PM
So far WSBK results say otherwise. And I'm sure that some shit will break and BMW will blame the owners because their engineers have never put out a bad product before.

Do you guys know that even until now, they refuse to admit that their servo-assist ABS braking system was a moronic idea not to mention that the pump was well known for failing yet they refuse to put out a recall on the damn pump?

I oughtta drive the goddamn BMW into a wall and collect insurance and be done with The Roundel once and for all.

to their (somewhat) credit, they had a one two finish in the german domestic superbike series. Cant remember the name of it though

OneSickPsycho
07-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Separated at birth?

http://rachelmaude.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sloth-goonies.jpg
http://z.about.com/d/motorcycles/1/0/N/f/-/-/BMW_S1000RR_front.jpg

no fucking around... i love this bike.

Trip
07-15-2009, 09:35 PM
:lol: OSP back with flare. Good one dude.

Rider
07-15-2009, 09:52 PM
It's certainly better in race plastics. That whole droopy eye thing... That why I love the GSXR's. Cyclops FTW!

OneSickPsycho
07-15-2009, 09:53 PM
It's certainly better in race plastics. That whole droopy eye thing... That why I love the GSXR's. Cyclops FTW!

I like the R1's... and the Buell Firebolts that did it first.

Rider
07-15-2009, 09:56 PM
I like the R1's... and the Buell Firebolts that did it first.

BTW good to see you back man. You've been missed.

OneSickPsycho
07-15-2009, 09:59 PM
BTW good to see you back man. You've been missed.

Good to be back... Been busy doing nothing, working my ass off, looking for a new job, and :boobs:

Rider
07-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Good to be back... Been busy doing nothing, working my ass off, looking for a new job, and :boobs:

New job? We're hiring but I guess you've become too accustom to year round summer.

OneSickPsycho
07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
New job? We're hiring but I guess you've become too accustom to year round summer.

It'd have to be a cush gig with ridiculous pay to get me to move to MI...

Amber Lamps
07-15-2009, 10:05 PM

ORLY? I don't remember you offering me a job, Ed....:lol:

Amber Lamps
07-15-2009, 10:07 PM

Not to mention the single running light...wtf?

Rider
07-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Not to mention the single running light...wtf?

Funny, my Kawi was like that. I don't know how many times motherfuckers would say, "you have a light out". No dickhead it's meant to be that way.

Amber Lamps
07-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Funny, my Kawi was like that. I don't know how many times motherfuckers would say, "you have a light out". No dickhead it's meant to be that way.

No I meant the front "marker" light sorry. The right headlight has a marker light. Oh and about that job, buddy!:lol:

Rider
07-15-2009, 10:57 PM
ORLY? I don't remember you offering me a job, Ed....:lol:

Do you really want to come back here? I didn't think so. Besides I kind of know what Zach does. I have no fucking clue what you do.

tommymac
07-15-2009, 11:06 PM
bike night...this being a bmw chances are the guy who brings it is gonna be a class a toolbox. Im talkin snap-on grade. I really do like the way the bike looks, but me and german cars have never got along well. I cant imagine this would be much different

I hope you dont think I am a toolbox then since I am giving it some serious consideration.

Tom

Rider
07-15-2009, 11:21 PM
I hope you dont think I am a toolbox then since I am giving it some serious consideration.

Tom

No you'd be a toolbox if you rode to Jersey. :wtfru:

Dave
07-15-2009, 11:25 PM

Tom

i said chances are sweetcheeks. and i was considering it too :lol:

tommymac
07-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Just wanted to be sure in case derf and sixxer were giving me bad press :lol:

Tom

Dave
07-15-2009, 11:33 PM
those two are their own bad press :lmao: besides, why would my opinion matter? im just a cranky vet trying to live it out till my midlife crisis :lmao:

tommymac
07-15-2009, 11:45 PM
those two are their own bad press :lmao: besides, why would my opinion matter? im just a cranky vet trying to live it out till my midlife crisis :lmao:

So we can both get them and be cranky old toolboxes :lol:

Tom

Dave
07-15-2009, 11:52 PM
So we can both get them and be cranky old toolboxes :lol:

Tom

well chances are likely that ill be looking at another tour in a year or so. assuming thats true i might as well look at what i really want. an RSV4 in Biaggi colors :D

tommymac
07-16-2009, 12:08 AM
well chances are likely that ill be looking at another tour in a year or so. assuming thats true i might as well look at what i really want. an RSV4 in Biaggi colors :D

I thought about the RSV as well but not sure I can swing the 26k, when I saw the BMW was going for 13 that got my wheels turning today. I guess we will have ot see how the finances are come the fall and go from there.

Tom

Dave
07-16-2009, 01:08 AM
I thought about the RSV as well but not sure I can swing the 26k, when I saw the BMW was going for 13 that got my wheels turning today. I guess we will have ot see how the finances are come the fall and go from there.

Tom

26k should be for the factory version if im not mistaken. theres a base model coming that should be priced competitively with the basic s1000rr and then a money no object limited biaggi rep sometime after that. im interested in the base or perhaps a lightly used factory considering the timeframe of this supposed deployment ;)

tommymac
07-16-2009, 01:11 AM
26k should be for the factory version if im not mistaken. theres a base model coming that should be priced competitively with the basic s1000rr and then a money no object limited biaggi rep sometime after that. im interested in the base or perhaps a lightly used factory considering the timeframe of this supposed deployment ;)

I did not know that they were going to make that other model thats more affordable. Could be something to think about.

Tom

Amber Lamps
07-16-2009, 01:18 AM
I did not know that they were going to make that other model thats more affordable. Could be something to think about.

Tom

Listen to this kind of talk, a couple of guys using the word afforable while discussing German and Italian motorcycles... what a world we live in,huh?

Dave
07-16-2009, 01:21 AM

Tom

lotsa good skinny over here

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69

seems the whole rest of the world has them before us :td:

def check out the exhaust thread :dribble:

tommymac
07-16-2009, 01:22 AM
Listen to this kind of talk, a couple of guys using the word afforable while discussing German and Italian motorcycles... what a world we live in,huh?

Next we will want someone to pass us the grey puppon mustard :lol:

Tom

Dave
07-16-2009, 01:22 AM

in comparison to other italian things (cars, women, most of their firearms) yes it is :lmao:

marko138
07-16-2009, 07:54 AM
The white looks good. The headlights are jacked though, for sure.

Homeslice
07-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Still looks better than any of the current Jap bikes.

smileyman
07-17-2009, 11:40 AM
My final word on it that Roadracing World nabbed an early delivered BMW 1K and spirited of to the dynojet dyno and it pumped 179 hp next to an 09 Gsxr 1K at 162. If I had the coin and wanted a liter race rep I would definitely shop the BMW!

karl_1052
07-17-2009, 11:52 AM
My final word on it that Roadracing World nabbed an early delivered BMW 1K and spirited of to the dynojet dyno and it pumped 179 hp next to an 09 Gsxr 1K at 162. If I had the coin and wanted a liter race rep I would definitely shop the BMW!

WOW!
most busas are between 166 and 175 stock!

That thing is going to FLY!

Dave
07-17-2009, 12:29 PM

impressive for out of the box, im willing to bet theres not a lot left in it though.

smileyman
07-17-2009, 02:54 PM
But Dave, who needs more?!?! I mean any literbike 04 and up will shred a rear tire in alittle over 1000 miles...Anyway with BMWs history of build quality I dont think you could go wrong. OK that is my final word...

Dave
07-17-2009, 03:49 PM
But Dave, who needs more?!?! I mean any literbike 04 and up will shred a rear tire in alittle over 1000 miles...Anyway with BMWs history of build quality I dont think you could go wrong. OK that is my final word...

i cant think of many but in a bike like this the ego/benchracing chops are an important selling point. And you gotta figure if they did too good a job designing things and theres either not much to gain or even worse losses it'll hurt the bike with certain folks. I know id hate it if i couldnt fiddle. Anyway its all conjecture. Got a copy of the graph? I have my suspicions about power delivery but id like to check it out on paper. Also, any word on correction factors or dyno type?

Dave
07-17-2009, 03:51 PM
edit. Missed the dynojet part.

smileyman
07-17-2009, 04:48 PM
i cant think of many but in a bike like this the ego/benchracing chops are an important selling point. And you gotta figure if they did too good a job designing things and theres either not much to gain or even worse losses it'll hurt the bike with certain folks. I know id hate it if i couldnt fiddle. Anyway its all conjecture. Got a copy of the graph? I have my suspicions about power delivery but id like to check it out on paper. Also, any word on correction factors or dyno type?

See Roadracing World current issue (August I think) for graph and explanation. They are still awaiting a test unit and clandestinely snuck a new dealer model to the dyno. I am sure it will bear out when they do a formal test but...Dyno's don't tell the tale for a bike anyways. Still it is optimistic and interesting to think 179 hp at the wheel, what do you have to tinker with on a GSXR1000 to pick up 16 hp? Would any of us use it differently? Can it get down Hwy 23 any faster? It just looks promising...

Dave
07-17-2009, 05:17 PM
now that im in the office and have a chance to look around a bit it sounds like this was a pre-pro demo bike that a dealer had a hold of and went to dyno. i really dont want to trust any results till i see some more figures. preferably from folks who have no monetary gain associated with a good number ;)

smileyman
07-17-2009, 05:33 PM
There have been ringers before, Kawasaki was famous for it, but we will see alot of testing once they show up in numbers. RRW is usually one of my most trusted sources...

azoomm
08-25-2009, 01:48 PM
More press from this....

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?lnk=rss&article=37819

Trip
08-25-2009, 02:40 PM
besides the headlights, this bike was a lot better looking in person.

tommymac
08-25-2009, 02:51 PM
torn between that and the RSV4 now.

Tom

smileyman
08-25-2009, 04:32 PM
More press from this....

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?lnk=rss&article=37819

Good post. I caught that vid earlier in the day and it is awesome to watch a pro set up a bikes suspension! The BMW looks impressive but I think I would title that clip ' how to eat a tire in a day! '

azoomm
08-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Good post. I caught that vid earlier in the day and it is awesome to watch a pro set up a bikes suspension! The BMW looks impressive but I think I would title that clip ' how to eat a tire in a day! '

It's all happy track pron :whistle:

Homeslice
08-25-2009, 08:19 PM
torn between that and the RSV4 now.

Tom
Trouble is how much more $ the Factory version is. I used to own a "base" RSV, and the fact that the Factory existed was always nagging at the back of my head. I don't like owning something if there's a better version of it out there.

tommymac
08-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Trouble is how much more $ the Factory version is. I used to own a "base" RSV, and the fact that the Factory existed was always nagging at the back of my head. I don't like owning something if there's a better version of it out there.

I know, but who thought the bmw would be so cheap, I realy like the rsv but for 10k less you get just about as much bike. Guess we will see how it goes this winter, hopefully I can at least sit on both of them at the bike show in NYC.

Tom

Homeslice
08-25-2009, 09:57 PM
I wonder if insurance companies could be tricked into thinking it's a sport-tourer because of the BMW badge

z06boy
08-26-2009, 08:47 AM
I wonder if insurance companies could be tricked into thinking it's a sport-tourer because of the BMW badge

Now that would be nice.

This bike is definitely growing on me but I need to see it in person and try to get past the funky headlights.

marko138
08-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Could be a case of some Ins Co's just not classifying BMW's as sportbikes regardless of whether they are or not.

I know Rider Ins Co does NOT classify ANY Ducati, Triumph or Buell as a sportbike, thus lower premiums.

Rider
08-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Could be a case of some Ins Co's just not classifying BMW's as sportbikes regardless of whether they are or not.

I know Rider Ins Co does NOT classify ANY Ducati, Triumph or Buell as a sportbike, thus lower premiums.

Close but not exactly, they go strictly by cc's and replacement value. a HD Sportster 1200 would be more expensive to insure than a liter jap sportbike.

tommymac
08-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Close but not exactly, they go strictly by cc's and replacement value. a HD Sportster 1200 would be more expensive to insure than a liter jap sportbike.

They factor more than that into it if the bike is classified as a sportbike vs a standard or a tourer.

At least in NY they do

Rider
08-27-2009, 04:24 PM
They factor more than that into it if the bike is classified as a sportbike vs a standard or a tourer.

At least in NY they do

It doesn't matter with Liberty Mutual in MI

marko138
08-27-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm just relaying exactly what the Rider rep told me directly.

Rider
08-27-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm just relaying exactly what the Rider rep told me directly.

LOL nevermind, I thought you were talking about my ins co.... Rider. :lol

marko138
08-27-2009, 04:54 PM
LOL nevermind, I thought you were talking about my ins co.... Rider. :lol
Email me a quote. We can talk numbers.