PDA

View Full Version : Glass half empty or half full-

JK
04-06-2008, 01:28 AM
the picture of the glass in the photo thread prompted this-

glass half empty or half full. Alright alright alright... One tired question but im intrested to see how the stats add up. so let me see it and also the REASON for your answer! yes you must explain your reasoning! go!

dReWpY
04-06-2008, 03:48 AM
depends on my mood, sometimes there can be a drop and its over flowing in my mind, other times it can be overflowing and i see only a drop, alot depends on my mood...

Quick281
04-06-2008, 03:58 AM
I am still young, but for most of my life I always looked at everything that was missing in my life. Money, a father figure, a stable home etc etc. I always noted what was missing in life and that attitude kept me in a sustained sort of depression for most of my high school days.

Then about 3 years ago, amid college and a 4 year relationship going south I decided to turn life around. I came to the realization that I should stop playing victim to life and start controlling the things that happen to me. People bothered me because I allowed them to be in my life, thing happened to me because I got myself into most of the situations. I realized that while I wasn't rich, I certainly wasn't poor.

I also have things that so many other people don't, like a loving family. My mom had me at 42 years old amid a vicious divorce, despite this she busted her ass to raise me right and give me a normal life. I am very close to her and I am very very lucky to have someone like her in my life.

I could go on and on forever about why I enjoy my day to day life, but as you can probably tell.....The glass is half full.

:rockwoot:

PhiSig1071
04-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Am I drinking or pouring?

Dnyce
04-06-2008, 09:07 PM
neither. the glass is broken. nothing is forever, everything will become nothing.

im not depressed-just think about it.

Mr Lefty
04-06-2008, 09:16 PM
the glass is empty... or will be if it was sitting infront of me.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-06-2008, 10:36 PM
i voted half empty because i just KNOW everybody wants to think they're an optimist, but only for the sake of sounding like an optimist, so they're voting the opposite of what they really are because they think if they vote they're a pessimist everybody will heckle them.

that is my logic. can it. sell it.

t-homo
04-06-2008, 10:43 PM
half full - I know I have a lot of things that are good in my life that many others don't. My parents are fairly well off, get along great, and are always fun to be around. I am close to my grandparents and siblings. I have a ton of great friends who I would do anything for and would do the same for me. Really, isn't that all that matters in life anyway?

NONE_too_SOFT
04-06-2008, 10:44 PM
ya know what? fuck the glass.

who fills a glass halfway anyways? what are you gonna add some carnation instant breakfast in there? are you leaving room to pour something else in?

If you didnt want to drink that much use a smaller glass.

Trip
04-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Half empty, I am definitely a pessimist.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-06-2008, 10:52 PM
alright chalk another one up for honesty.

azoomm
04-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Glass is the wrong size... seriously.

Mr Lefty
04-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Glass is the wrong size... seriously.
on a side note... I fuck'n hate it when you order a shot and they serve it in a fuck'n glass that could hold 10. seriously... your a fuck'n bar... invest in shot glasses... or at least double shot glasses...

back to the glass

I say... BARTENDER FIRED! that mother fucker jipped me

t-homo
04-06-2008, 11:45 PM
on a side note... I fuck'n hate it when you order a shot and they serve it in a fuck'n glass that could hold 10. seriously... your a fuck'n bar... invest in shot glasses... or at least double shot glasses...

back to the glass

god damn. someone is a little angry tonight.

Mr Lefty
04-06-2008, 11:47 PM
:lol: naw... just kinda rememberd a rant from last weekend I didn't get to put here....

I'm in a good mood today actually... suprising as it's Monday... and i got about 2hrs sleep... (damn Long Way Down had my mind going in hyperdrive all night)

Crazy
04-06-2008, 11:51 PM
half full. I have nothing to complain about. :lol:

JK
04-07-2008, 12:39 AM
thats why this is so interesting, everyones reason is so different.

mine is much less interesting: A glass in its natural state contains no liquid. To contain liquid it had to be filled. So its alway half full (filled) to me. :panic:

plus im happy with what i have... i could always not have it.

azoomm
04-07-2008, 12:50 AM
thats why this is so interesting, everyones reason is so different.

mine is much less interesting: A glass in its natural state contains no liquid. To contain liquid it had to be filled. So its alway half full (filled) to me. :panic:

plus im happy with what i have... i could always not have it.

:dthumb:

I've been told (by a plethora of medical professionals) "You have xx to live"

That was right after an old man said "I'm so glad you're not dead" to me after his wife hit me, on my bicycle, with her car. My instant reply; "ME TOO".

Now... EVER the optimist.

FWIW, that was last August. I beat the xx date....

LaFemmes
04-07-2008, 07:55 AM

glass half empty or half full. Alright alright alright... One tired question but im intrested to see how the stats add up. so let me see it and also the REASON for your answer! yes you must explain your reasoning! go!

It is both, no explaining is needed... I hope.

itgirl
04-07-2008, 10:01 AM
half full. i usually focus on what i do have, not what i don't.

neebelung
04-07-2008, 10:06 AM

There's no reasoning to give. It's about attitude (optimism versus pessimism), not some big scientific debate. :lol:

That said, half full. :D

DLIT
04-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Depends what's in the glass.

marko138
04-07-2008, 11:14 AM
That shit is half empty and I'm ordering another round.

Cutty72
04-07-2008, 02:14 PM

back to the glass

What if you order one shot, he pours enough for 3ish, and serves it in a glass that can hold 10, but only charges you for one?

Glass half full, unless I'm drinking then fill that bitch up.

Mr Lefty
04-07-2008, 04:33 PM
then that's cool... but that night I was sure he was even pouring less than a single shot... oh well not going back there anyways... $3 shots... fuck that place. $1.50 shots 50 yards down the street and they're much more generous with their shots

JK
04-07-2008, 11:28 PM
There's no reasoning to give. It's about attitude (optimism versus pessimism), not some big scientific debate. :lol:

That said, half full. :D

sounds like a reason to me :D

TATER
04-07-2008, 11:30 PM
If it's a Bacardi and Coke it's half empty so....Yes I'll have another.

Cutty72
04-08-2008, 07:16 PM
If it's a Bacardi and Coke it's half empty so....Yes I'll have another.

good choice.

z06boy
04-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Half full because I know it could always be worse. Too many "oh I've got it sooooo bad" whiner's in America. They want to be the victim and/or pesimistic and assume that everybody else should feel that way and are lying if they don't...f*ck that...life is good. Could it be better...damn right but I'm smart enough to know it could be a hell of a lot worse too.

Expect the best but prepare for the worst...works for me.

Mr Lefty
04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Jack and Coke is better :wink:

and that's two double shots of jack and a glass of coke :lol:

z06boy
04-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Oh yea...Wild Turkey 101...(Barrel Proof 108) for special occasions and 7up or Sprite please. :drool:

Full Throttle
04-09-2008, 03:25 PM
i really dont care so thats y i said you were to rich to care

6doublefive321
04-09-2008, 04:58 PM
By definition, it is impossible for a glass to be half empty.

psychochild28
04-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Glass half full, unless I'm drinking then fill that bitch up.

:iagree:

vabarber2
04-10-2008, 03:59 PM
1/2 full because I'm worried about what I [do have, thinking of or worrying over what I dont have is simply a waiste of time! I have a half a glass of water and am happy to have that!

Rider
04-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Who gives a fuck.... If you can see a space between the top of the drink and the top of the glass, fill that fucker back up.... I vote this poll is stupid..

vabarber2
04-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Who gives a fuck.... If you can see a space between the top of the drink and the top of the glass, fill that fucker back up.... I vote this poll is stupid..
Agreed, but its ben a debate since before your conception.

Bassplayer
04-10-2008, 04:13 PM
hmmmm.... glass half empty or full...
depends on what beer im drinkin... :lol:

JK
04-11-2008, 02:51 PM
yay, there is a new poll option! too bad i voted already

vabarber2
04-11-2008, 02:54 PM
yay, there is a new poll option! too bad i voted already
Yeah, cause I'd have surely hit the new anser!

ceo012384
04-11-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm a mechanical engineer. The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Lamnidae
04-12-2008, 01:30 PM
half full, but in need of a refill.

OneSickPsycho
04-12-2008, 05:47 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/onesickpsycho/bfd2.gif