PDA

View Full Version : Long Way Round & Down

Mr Lefty
04-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Who's watched these?

I'm downloading them right now... but just watched the first episode of The Long Way Down... the 2nd trip.... so kinda out of order... but DAMN... I'm fuck'n hooked! I was in awe the entire episode and insanely stoked for them... made me even more jones'd about my road trip... though obviously it pales in comparison... I'm sure I'll be able to pick up several ideas from them...

one I'm gonna look into is a helmet cam... wonder what one they used...

here's a link to the site

http://www.longwayround.com/html/lwr_dvm.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hEgjesM4JE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSqxHhcUaMk

PiZdETS
04-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Top notch shows, I have both on disc. I liked long way round the best, long way down they focused on crew member tensions too much, kinda like a reality show. Still loved seeing all the history throughout Africa, made me want to go.

The russian gangsters and the bone church in long way round are my favorite parts.

Mr Lefty
04-06-2008, 06:08 PM
watched the 2nd episode from Long Way Down... yeah I can start to see the building of the "reality drama" but still fuck'n bad ass! I've gained great respect for Ewan McGregor.

PhiSig1071
04-06-2008, 08:47 PM
I actually got the DVD set of "Long Way 'Round" for Christmas. I love it, I am probably going to order Long Way Down soon.

Mr Lefty
04-06-2008, 09:01 PM
you have the 10 episode version or the 7? I can't seem to find the 10 version... everywhere has the 7... amazon has it listed like 4 times... but they'er all the 7.

oh well I'll buy it eventually... but right now... I'll just down load it ;)

PhiSig1071
04-06-2008, 09:32 PM
I think it's the 10, but now I'll have to find it and check. It's the first edition dual disc.

JK
04-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Top notch shows, I have both on disc. I liked long way round the best, long way down they focused on crew member tensions too much, kinda like a reality show. Still loved seeing all the history throughout Africa, made me want to go.

The russian gangsters and the bone church in long way round are my favorite parts.

LWR was really good. made me price hard luggage :lol:

i totally agree about the russian mob guys, because we all know its not a party till someone busts out the guitar, alcohol, and AK-47's!

Quick281
04-07-2008, 02:35 AM
I am a noob. What is this? It looks interesting and I seek more information. Lead me oh wise ones.

Mr Lefty
04-07-2008, 03:39 AM
Ewan McGregor (yes from Star Wars) & Charley Boorman rode from London to New York... by going EAST... through Germany, Russia, China and several other countrys... hopped over to AK and rode down to NY... amazing trip... it was called "The Long Way Round"

the 2nd one is "The Long Way Down" where they ride from the top of Scottland to South Africa. in fuck'n sane!

http://www.longwayround.com/html/lwr_dvm.html

course you could have just watched the videos I have in the origional post :lol:

Quick281
04-07-2008, 04:13 AM
:whistle:

In my defense I did start to watch the most of the first video, but my curiosity took over and I needed to know everything right away. Looks like a must have for the DVD collection.

Mr Lefty
04-07-2008, 04:53 AM
it's definatly adictive... I'm glad I caught on late though... I'd fuck'n hate to have to wait for the next episode... shit it's killing me now because I had to wait all day and just finished Episode 3 and episode 4 isn't done downloading yet! (5 is though :lol:)

NeonspeedRT
04-07-2008, 09:24 AM
You know you can pick up the DVD set for $19.99. That way you don't have to wait to download. They even carry them at cycle gear if you have one near you.

Long way round is one of my favorite series. I haven't seen long way down yet. I need to pick that up soon.

Mr Lefty
04-07-2008, 04:12 PM
really? amazon still has it for 35-40! and nope... no cycle gears in Korea :lol:

neebelung
04-07-2008, 04:14 PM
We've watched Long Way Around several times. Absolutely love it. GOD, if that doesn't make you want to go adventure riding, nothing will. Just amazing...

Haven't managed to get the newer one yet, but I also hear Charlie is (or was) working on a similar type series on the Dakar rally.

Mr Lefty
04-07-2008, 04:59 PM
yeah it's called the Race to Dakar... I'm downloading that too :lol:

I'll buy all of them I'm sure... just wanna get the whole set... not the 7 searies sets..

neebelung
04-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Cool, lemme know how the Dakar thing is. That sounded really interesting.

Mr Lefty
04-07-2008, 05:08 PM
will do...

god damn I'm so amped for my trip... I wish I could just take all my leave 74 days at once... I'd have a fuck'n AWESOME blog...

Quick281
04-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Thats whats nice about my style of catching up on crap. I tend to just order an entire season of everything so that I won't have to deal with any suspense. I could download all of them, but that would be too much trouble.

Just save up a bunch of different DVDs for a good sick day.