PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?

defector
07-22-2009, 11:06 PM
I had to lift (yes, lift) my bike (CBR 929RR) into my truck and now there is literally raw fuel coming out of the pipe when I start it. The bike has been sitting since Saturday when it was lifted into the truck. No other leaks of any kind that I can see as of yet. What, if anything, should I be looking for in particular when I get the plastics off? Plugs will obviously be changed when I change the oil this weekend.

askmrjesus
07-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Lift as in vertical, or lift as in horizontal?

JC

defector
07-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Vertical.

Gas Man
07-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Its still FI so that shouldn't be anything crazy.

Have you started it since?

askmrjesus
07-22-2009, 11:42 PM
My guess would be that your CPU is freaking out, or you've blown a sensor.

The only thing you could look for, (visually) is loose/corroded connections.

Have you done any re-mapping?

JC

defector
07-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Its still FI so that shouldn't be anything crazy.

Have you started it since?

Yes, and it runs like shyte. Sounds / smells like it is loading up with fuel. Badly.

My guess would be that your CPU is freaking out, or you've blown a sensor.
My thoughts as well, but nothing jumping out at me currently.

The only thing you could look for, (visually) is loose/corroded connections.

Have you done any re-mapping?

JC
No re-mapping, factory map.
I am sure it is something retardedly simple, I just haven't happened upon it yet. Or I am too simple to figure it out. I think I may pull the fuel rail and injectors to see if I have one leaking down in some strange coincidence.

BobTheBiker
07-23-2009, 12:02 AM
fuel pressure regulator has failed. thats why its running poorly and has raw fuel coming out the pipe.

Amber Lamps
07-23-2009, 12:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg

J/K good luck with your bike dude!

askmrjesus
07-23-2009, 12:16 AM
fuel pressure regulator has failed. thats why its running poorly and has raw fuel coming out the pipe.

Good call. If the bladder has failed, the fuel could be leaking down a vacuum line.

JC

defector
07-23-2009, 12:23 AM

That makes perfect sense. As I recall it was a fairly common problem on the Fireblade board as well. Thanks!

defector
07-23-2009, 12:27 AM

That's what I originally thought, but I am loaning it to a buddy in need........so, Whatever! :lol

Amber Lamps
07-23-2009, 12:29 AM
That's what I originally thought, but I am loaning it to a buddy in need........so, Whatever! :lol

Wow, now that's a buddy! Hopefully, it's cheap and easy to fix.:rockwoot: