PDA

View Full Version : Official OSP is moving to TN Thread

dReWpY
04-08-2008, 10:48 AM
So when you gonna move? :tt: :lol:

marko138
04-08-2008, 10:57 AM
They kicking his ass out of the Sunshine state already?

dReWpY
04-08-2008, 11:01 AM
they should, he is too pasty white for FL... traffic hazard or some shit

neebelung
04-08-2008, 11:13 AM
:dvrofl: Oh my, what did I miss? :lol:

OneSickPsycho
04-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Fuck me yo... I am counting the days... I am in a year long contract from my relocation... Honestly, with the way things are going a new job sounds sweeter and sweeter by the day. Yay! I worked 15.25 hours yesterday! :suicide:

I'm going to start looking towards the end of summer... TN is on my short list of places to find a new gig...

dReWpY
04-08-2008, 11:17 AM
u missed nothing, there is no fact or point behind this post other then to convince OSP that FL sucks and TN is a much better place to live and ride

Nashville mutherfucker...

OneSickPsycho
04-08-2008, 11:18 AM
u missed nothing, there is no fact or point behind this post other then to convince OSP that FL sucks and TN is a much better place to live and ride

Nashville mutherfucker...

You don't have to sell me on anything motherfucker... I am thoroughly disappointed with FL... though I love the Latina chicks... :drool:

Cutty72
04-08-2008, 11:20 AM
so i take it the money ain't worth it.

dReWpY
04-08-2008, 11:21 AM
you dont get that many ass holes in TN either, everyone is pretty kickass, and if they arent, they are prolly a tourist

not to mention great fishing and outdoor shit to do, ie jeeping, dirtbiking, which is def on the cards if i get a good job

did i mention moonshine?

neebelung
04-08-2008, 11:23 AM
did i mention moonshine?

:dvrofl: Hey, we've got moonshine here... :lol:

OneSickPsycho
04-08-2008, 11:30 AM
so i take it the money ain't worth it.

Well if you figure the number of hours I work and the amount of shit I am responsible for.... combined with the fact that I inherited a broken system, fixed it, then was given another one (I was recently transferred to another part of the facility)... I make roughly 3/4 what I did up north once all that shit is factored in.

you dont get that many ass holes in TN either, everyone is pretty kickass, and if they arent, they are prolly a tourist

not to mention great fishing and outdoor shit to do, ie jeeping, dirtbiking, which is def on the cards if i get a good job

did i mention moonshine?

I really, REALLY cannot handle the general public down here... Sense of entitlement is something like I've never seen before... 'Me' culture is wildly out of control... Nobody pays attention while driving, nobody has any common courtesy, and nobody even pulls over for ambulances and shit... I have an 8 mile commute to work every day and it's like a fucking free for all... I feel like I've accomplished something just by the sheer luck of me making it to work without getting killed...

dReWpY
04-08-2008, 11:31 AM
here, ppl pull over and get of your way when ur on a bike, its nice

OneSickPsycho
04-08-2008, 11:34 AM
here, ppl pull over and get of your way when ur on a bike, its nice

Here people cut you off, take up two lanes, invade your lane, stop at random, pull out without looking, make left turns from the right lane... and that's when I'm in my truck. I swear to god if I saw someone driving down the highway in reverse I wouldn't be surprised... Oh wait, I HAVE seen that.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-08-2008, 11:35 AM
i always wanted to move to florida... but the roads. eh.

i think i'll end up moving to an appalacian state in a couple years when schools done.

OneSickPsycho
04-08-2008, 11:35 AM
i always wanted to move to florida... but the roads. eh.

i think i'll end up moving to an appalacian state in a couple years when schools done.

The only thing good about FL is the weather... and that doesn't make up for all the douchebaggery.

dReWpY
04-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Here people cut you off, take up two lanes, invade your lane, stop at random, pull out without looking, make left turns from the right lane... and that's when I'm in my truck. I swear to god if I saw someone driving down the highway in reverse I wouldn't be surprised... Oh wait, I HAVE seen that.

i have seen that too, cept it wasnt on the highway

OneSickPsycho
04-08-2008, 11:38 AM
i have seen that too, cept it wasnt on the highway

This douchenozzle was... Missed his exit by probably a quarter of a mile... Just stopped, put it in reverse nearly killing 10 people, and like it was nothing, meandered back to the exit ramp and got off the highway...

the chi
04-08-2008, 12:07 PM
yup, sounds like Florida...

Trip
04-08-2008, 12:21 PM
God, don't get him to come here. :lol:

There goes the neighborhood.

papapoi
04-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Kinda sounds like Rae's driving.

J/king :whistle:

1hottbikechic
04-08-2008, 01:21 PM
15.25 hours.... dude that is way tooo long if your not doing something you enjoy!!! Get to TN stat!

Full Throttle
04-08-2008, 01:30 PM
TN,NGA,SC all these have great good roads nice weather, plenty of twisties. Around here there are like 6 or 7 really good places to go and ride, As in Fort MT. Lookout Mt. Signal Mt. Then there are tons of sweet roads to ride on. You should definetly look into coming to Chattanooga. I think it has the best location. only an hour on bike to the ATL and an 1hr1/2 on bike to Knox. And about 2 hours from the Dragon. Its like right in the middle.:rockwoot::dthumb:

marko138
04-08-2008, 02:09 PM
There are always ways to get out of contracts. Whats the penalty for just quitting and moving out of state?

comonboys
04-08-2008, 03:04 PM

Anywhere, I have driven is like that. Here, most don't even know what to do around a motorcycle. I don't know how many times I have almost been hit. And not to stereotype buy it's usually teenyboobers with their friends talking on a cell phone. GET OFF THE DAMN PHONES!!!!!!!!!!!!

OneSickPsycho
04-09-2008, 02:12 AM
15.25 hours.... dude that is way tooo long if your not doing something you enjoy!!! Get to TN stat!

I actually figured it out today when filing my time card... it was 16.25 hours... and it's not that I don't like my job... really, I do... I am just not compensated enough to deal with the shit I have to deal with... I hate saying it cause it sounds like whining, but it's the truth.

There are always ways to get out of contracts. Whats the penalty for just quitting and moving out of state?

Repayment of my move from OH to FL. It's not that huge of a deal... I can deal with it for 7 more months until it's up...

Amber Lamps
04-09-2008, 11:14 AM
North Carolina is nice! I had a number of different Med Centers to pick from,including one in Fla and I chose here because it is kinda central. Not too hot but not too cold. Decent economy if I go back to work. Low cost of living. College town=hotties everywhere. Basically mediocre in a good way.

6doublefive321
04-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Tennessee is a great place to live if you can find work. I lived there most of my life, but moved a few years back to further my career. Overall, TN has a low cost of living. There are some great roads to ride, and a decent climate. I still own property there, and will move back some day. Now if they could only get a decent NFL team....

Rider
04-10-2008, 08:46 AM
I loved Orlando. No traffic, hot chicks, great weather, hot chicks...
Did I mention they have hot chicks? :rockwoot:

neebelung
04-10-2008, 08:57 AM

NO TRAFFIC???????? Are you sure you were in Orlando, FLORIDA? Cus by Florida standards, Orlando traffic is sucktacular! :rofl:

Katherine
04-10-2008, 09:13 AM
I actually figured it out today when filing my time card... it was 16.25 hours...

Do you make overtime?

Rider
04-10-2008, 09:33 AM
NO TRAFFIC???????? Are you sure you were in Orlando, FLORIDA? Cus by Florida standards, Orlando traffic is sucktacular! :rofl:

Well we were south of Orlando (Disney World)... So we were not in downtown Orlando.:idk:

Amber Lamps
04-10-2008, 09:37 AM

Yea! We made the mistake of flying into Ord and renting a car and driving the rest of the way to Daytona one year. TWO+ HOURS to get out of Orlando from the airport! Never did that again!

Rider
04-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Yea! We made the mistake of flying into Ord and renting a car and driving the rest of the way to Daytona one year. TWO+ HOURS to get out of Orlando from the airport! Never did that again!

Really? Getting in and out of the airport was easy.

OneSickPsycho
04-10-2008, 09:41 AM

We do have hot chicks... Hot spanish chicks... The weather's good too... That's about all I got though... everything else sucks.

Do you make overtime?

No.

Well we were south of Orlando (Disney World)... So we were not in downtown Orlando.:idk:

Disney area isn't terrible... If you go up I-drive it's all fucked up though... Really, the general rule of thumb is avoid I-4 like Nicole Richey avoids a Triple Whopper combo...

I-4. I guarantee it.

Amber Lamps
04-10-2008, 09:44 AM
We do have hot chicks... Hot spanish chicks... The weather's good too... That's about all I got though... everything else sucks.

No.

Disney area isn't terrible... If you go up I-drive it's all fucked up though... Really, the general rule of thumb is avoid I-4 like Nicole Richey avoids a Triple Whopper combo...

I-4. I guarantee it.

you're probably right and like most cities,it depends on time of day. I took the most direct route on the map to Daytona.:idk:

neebelung
04-10-2008, 09:52 AM
you're probably right and like most cities,it depends on time of day. I took the most direct route on the map to Daytona.:idk:

Yup, that's I-4.

OneSickPsycho
04-10-2008, 10:05 AM

528 to I-4 = THE SUCK.

Rider
04-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Hey I saw that Orlando Ale House just outside of Disney World on Apopka-Vinland Road. Is that place any good?

OneSickPsycho
04-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey I saw that Orlando Ale House just outside of Disney World on Apopka-Vinland Road. Is that place any good?

There are a number of those joints around... Remind me of a non-wing focused BW3's... Their food is good, but their beer selection pretty much sucks... Actually 3/4 of the bars down here have crap beer selections...

Smittie61984
04-13-2008, 09:32 AM
I've only been to Florida a few times in my life and it sucks the big one. Seems to be full of people who hate the hell out of tourists despite they make their craploads of money from tourists and that state would Sink if not for the tourists because they have nothing else. Then there are the tourists who suck.

I like my location pretty well. I'm about 4hours from Deal's Gap, 2 hours from great mountain riding, 4 hours from the beach, 1 hour(Depending on traffic) from a big up to date city, 1 hour from a College town full of a bunch of drunk, dumb, hot women, 1 hour from 30minutes from Road Atlanta, 3 hours from Roebling, good kayaking, mountain biking, and once you leave the Atlanta area(Which mainly consists of people NOT from Georgia) everyone seems to be pretty nice

But I still want to move to Charleston or Savannah pretty bad.

marko138
04-13-2008, 11:55 AM
I'd love to move to North Carolina.

OneSickPsycho
04-13-2008, 12:59 PM

It's on my short list...

marko138
04-13-2008, 01:07 PM
I got married in NC. I'd love to be close to the Smokey's.

Amber Lamps
04-13-2008, 01:46 PM

I love it! Heck,Fri night it was in the 60s so I rode my bike downtown to the strip. If my dumbass had brung my backseat and spare helmet,I'd still be fucking! To make it worse,I just got a puppy a few days ago and he rides in my tankbag. It looked like a shoe clearance sale around my bike! So between being "reasonably attractive",having a sportbike,living in a college town AND having a puppy,I'm gonna have to buy condoms by the case!

jalaan1
04-13-2008, 04:34 PM
I'd love to be close to the Smokey's.

same here. wife and i thinking of that area when time to retire.

I love it! Heck,Fri night it was in the 60s so I rode my bike downtown to the strip. If my dumbass had brung my backseat and spare helmet,I'd still be fucking! To make it worse,I just got a puppy a few days ago and he rides in my tankbag. It looked like a shoe clearance sale around my bike! So between being "reasonably attractive",having a sportbike,living in a college town AND having a puppy,I'm gonna have to buy condoms by the case!

:lol:

Rider
04-14-2008, 08:00 AM
I could move to NC. I think Honda Jet is in Greenville..

byron12
04-15-2008, 04:57 AM
Yeah I love living in tennesse it is a great state I am originally from georgia and while I live close to georgia I rarely go there. Career opportunitys around here suck a little bit. Chattanooga is a good town to be an engineer, a doctor or other medical professional other than that there isn't much but it is a kick ass town. I love it and I would have to have a really good reason to move. The economy isn't going to shit here like every were else either we are a growing economy with a stable housing market. Some of those new really big 500k houses moght not be selling as much around too but mostly it is stable. I go fishing often in my boat as its about five minutes to the nearest boat ramp for me I go kayaking quite a bit we have some awesome kayaking. As for riding roads there is great riding in every direction even though east lies some of the most incredible riding in america. Hell I always get lost riding to gap and never make it there since there are great roads all the way there.

upshift
04-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Yeah I love living in tennesse it is a great state I am originally from georgia and while I live close to georgia I rarely go there. Career opportunitys around here suck a little bit. Chattanooga is a good town to be an engineer, a doctor or other medical professional other than that there isn't much but it is a kick ass town. I love it and I would have to have a really good reason to move. The economy isn't going to shit here like every were else either we are a growing economy with a stable housing market. Some of those new really big 500k houses moght not be selling as much around too but mostly it is stable. I go fishing often in my boat as its about five minutes to the nearest boat ramp for me I go kayaking quite a bit we have some awesome kayaking. As for riding roads there is great riding in every direction even though east lies some of the most incredible riding in america. Hell I always get lost riding to gap and never make it there since there are great roads all the way there.

:iagree: 100%. Plus downtown Chatt. is fun to ride in the summer especially getting out towards Coolidge Park and stuff. Once I get my bike I plan to go to Coolidge about once a month just to hang out and play football and stuff. And the nightlife is pretty good from what I hear. Then you have Lookout Mountain, Hamilton Place, Ruby Falls, etc. Theres not much you cant do if the weathers' not right. Best time of year has to be when Riverbend is going on IMO. Especially since it gives me a good excuse to stay out til 1 and 2 in the morning :lol: Job opportunities are awesome for engineers cus weve got textile mills and nuclear energy plants around here and you cant go 2 miles without seeing some sort of hospital or medical building. As for riding roads, if you're headed north or NE then you will have no shortage of twisties.

Full Throttle
04-16-2008, 01:47 PM

Dude looks like you have it made man. next time make sure you have that back seat.

:iagree: 100%. Plus downtown Chatt. is fun to ride in the summer especially getting out towards Coolidge Park and stuff. Once I get my bike I plan to go to Coolidge about once a month just to hang out and play football and stuff. And the nightlife is pretty good from what I hear. Then you have Lookout Mountain, Hamilton Place, Ruby Falls, etc. Theres not much you cant do if the weathers' not right. Best time of year has to be when Riverbend is going on IMO. Especially since it gives me a good excuse to stay out til 1 and 2 in the morning :lol: Job opportunities are awesome for engineers cus weve got textile mills and nuclear energy plants around here and you cant go 2 miles without seeing some sort of hospital or medical building. As for riding roads, if you're headed north or NE then you will have no shortage of twisties.

Aint that the truth.:iagree: Night life downtown there are girls everywhere and with just a bit of coaxing as in a high rev and the motion for them to flash you then you'll be happy. like Upshift says great ridding in every direction. and lots of stuff to do. this summer were supposed to be getting a water park in Chatty and thats going to be sweet. Then there is Lake Winnie the amusement park which has its perks. but there is all kinds of things to do like Hang glide, rock climbing and repelling, fishing, any water sport like water skiing Wakeboading, tubing ya know anything you can think of. there is white water rafting and kayaking there are some of the best hiking here as well. All of this is within an hour of the Chattanooga. The Ocoee river which was the site of the 96' Olympics. there are tons of stuff to do and ive been living here for 14 yrs and still haven't done them all. you should definetly move to this general area. I would recommend Ringgold or Fort-Oglethorpe just far enough from Chatty not to experience the traffic and close enough not to take forever to get to plus the mall is 15 min away.

OneSickPsycho
04-17-2008, 12:33 AM

Dude looks like you have it made man. next time make sure you have that back seat.

Aint that the truth.:iagree: Night life downtown there are girls everywhere and with just a bit of coaxing as in a high rev and the motion for them to flash you then you'll be happy. like Upshift says great ridding in every direction. and lots of stuff to do. this summer were supposed to be getting a water park in Chatty and thats going to be sweet. Then there is Lake Winnie the amusement park which has its perks. but there is all kinds of things to do like Hang glide, rock climbing and repelling, fishing, any water sport like water skiing Wakeboading, tubing ya know anything you can think of. there is white water rafting and kayaking there are some of the best hiking here as well. All of this is within an hour of the Chattanooga. The Ocoee river which was the site of the 96' Olympics. there are tons of stuff to do and ive been living here for 14 yrs and still haven't done them all. you should definetly move to this general area. I would recommend Ringgold or Fort-Oglethorpe just far enough from Chatty not to experience the traffic and close enough not to take forever to get to plus the mall is 15 min away.

You southern motherfuckers need to invest in some fucking paragraphs.

Amber Lamps
04-17-2008, 12:43 AM

Sandy vagina,sandy vagina...sandy,sandy,sandy,SANDY VAGINA!!!!! SHOWER DANCE!!!

Full Throttle
04-17-2008, 11:25 AM

lol to lazy so thats what ya get. i mean come on im trying to write a full feature film here ill fix it later. :lol: