PDA

View Full Version : Predictions

defector
08-07-2009, 04:07 PM
My UFC 101 predictions:

Josh Neer by Split Decision

Kendall Grove by Unanimous Decision

Amir Sadollah by Submission

Forrest Griffin by Split Decision (Silva is due for a loss, and Forrest may just be the guy to do it, IMO)

Kenny Florian by TKO (cuts)

I am probably wrong, but what the hell, right?

Dave
08-07-2009, 04:44 PM
i predict one guy is gonna hug another guy and that guy taps out

Dave
08-10-2009, 08:58 AM
yeah, kinda wierd how griffin ran the fuck out like that

Speedracer42
08-10-2009, 09:51 AM
The Silva / Griffin fight was about the most suspicious looking match I've ever seen from the UFC. It looked off start to finish... Silva is good, not that good... I dunno...

Florian lasted longer than I thought he would.

I'm starting to wonder how good Silva is. He was taunting Forest BAD. And he responded with nothing but an open chin.

defector
08-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Haven't seen it yet (we were at the track), but I heard it was a pretty boring card all around. I will watch it after work today.

I did see the weigh ins, and Silva looked a little soft. No matter I guess, my buddy told me Forrest never landed a punch all fight?

karl_1052
08-10-2009, 12:49 PM
MMA is the new boxing.

get used to it.

z06boy
08-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I think Silva is 'that good'. Didn't he dislocate Forrest's jaw in one of his first punches ? Forrest had nothing in him after that...couldn't punch for chit and Silva knew it and was able to toy with him.

When he did connect it caused Forrest tremendous pain and then the last punch was lights out.

I think the fight is still here...

http://www.mmaroot.com/anderson-silva-vs-forrest-griffin-fight-video-ufc-101/

z06boy
08-10-2009, 01:04 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/s5ixp0.gif

http://i31.tinypic.com/34y4azc.gif

http://i25.tinypic.com/6h5f6t.gif

http://i25.tinypic.com/2dkenap.gif

I'm not really a big Silva fan but I'm not blind either...the guy is good.

defector
08-10-2009, 02:15 PM
For the record, I think Silva may just be that good.

But the conspiracy theory is pretty good though....I haven't put too much thought into it, myself.

Tmall
08-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Ufc is the new wwe. Get used to it...

Homeslice
08-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Ufc is the new wwe. Get used to it...

pretty much..........agree with the tags too

Rembrant
08-11-2009, 10:53 PM
The conspiracy theory sounds kind of week. Anderson Silva is just that good. Forrest is no joke but he has only been training and fighting for right up until being on T.U.F.

Anderson has been training/ fighting pro a lot longer, and that experience shows. Look at his buddy Lyoto. Guys that have been training in tradition martials or competing longer tend to have the better basic skills of combat.

Anderson is in a whole other league skillwise compared to forrest. he was knocked down after that last jab but he wasn't knocked out. i'm sure he knew he didn't have the weapons to keep fighting the spider.

Flexin
08-14-2009, 07:11 PM
1) Forrest punches aren't exactly the hardest, but they looked especially slow and weak last night.
2)When he fought Rampage, I only remember him getting dropped once (could be completely wrong) and that was a HUGE power shot from hell right on the chin. Anderson hits faster and is more accurate than Rampage, but Rampage hits harder and tagged Forrest for 5 rounds (well maybe 2; after the 3rd his leg was fucked)
3) Rogan knew moves Forrest was going to use (i.e the 1,2 headkick)
4) Forrest running out of the ring. No idea what this is about but it's weird, but not unheard of
5) Silva's little dance after the fight. Didn't look surprised at all
6) Forrest's terrible game plan. Odd for a man who's had great game plans before
7) Big long ass speech by Silva in post-fight interview, sounded mocking. Now I don't speak Portuguese, but when someone talks for like 2 minutes, I'd expect a little more than a 5 second response from a translator
8) Silva has never been a huge draw before, especially considering his last two fights. Silva needed an amazing performance against a household name or he'd never headline a card again, which'd look weird being the champ

And finally the big one that I'd say supports it the most

9) "Remember, this is Philly. If they don't like what they see, they will boo. Remember, this is Philly." Odd thing for a commissioner to say at a press conference, and White looked especially nervous during it. Remember White wants to come back to Philly as Philly's the perfect place for fights. Boxing lived there for a long time; they've even got a statue of Rocky Balboa. Hell when a fight breaks out in the stands, you know that's a place were you'll never have trouble filling seats. White's already said they want to go back for 106 I believe.

Remember this is coming from a boxing fan but I do watch a lot of the free UFC fights on Spike TV.

1. Forrest is a tough sob but I don't believe he is the most skilled. People also have off nights, also a great fighter can make an ok fighter look like shit. Plus his punches were not slow and weak. He only threw about 10 real punches. And Silvia wasn't there for most of them. If he would have used a jab rather then just laying his hand out there he could have stayed in the fight longer.

2. I don't think I even watched this fight but there can be many reasons for this. Some guys are really good at taking punches, but this can take a toll on you.

3. Rogan said he was told this by friends of Forrest. Forrest needs better friends or needs to be less predictable.

4. He looked out of it to me. His jaw also didn't look right like someone else mentioned. If his jaw was really bad then he would want it taken care of right away.

5. ??? He always dances around after fights, at least he did for any fight I have watched of his. Why would he be surprised? He felt he had in at about 30-45 seconds into the fight.

6. Plans are great but what good are they if you can't get a hand on someone?

7. He just whooped a guys ass who is bigger then him. Fire the translator if he isn't going to translate the whole interview.

8. There has been champs in many sports that had trouble selling fight cards. I thought he had a good following but maybe I was wrong. Like they say, styles make fights. Not all fights will be exciting.

9. White always looks nervous to me. He wants every fight card to go good, thats all apart of business.

James