PDA

View Full Version : Sam Adams recall

Captain Morgan
04-09-2008, 08:32 AM
http://samadams.com/cidefault.htm

marko138
04-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Yep, Sadly I have the recalled beer in my refridgerator.

Captain Morgan
04-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Yep, Sadly I have the recalled beer in my refridgerator.

That bites. I have Sam Adams, but none of mine are the recalled bottles.

marko138
04-09-2008, 09:04 AM
I only had 4 bottles left out of the case....all 4 were recalled...which leads me to believe the previous 20 that I already drank also were.

Captain Morgan
04-09-2008, 09:09 AM
I only had 4 bottles left out of the case....all 4 were recalled...which leads me to believe the previous 20 that I already drank also were.

Well, if you aren't puking blood, I'd say you're okay. ;)

marko138
04-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Yeah I thought so too. I pour all mine into pint glasses and never noticed anything. So I'm getting my refund check and still drinking these. Despite Sam Adams warning to dump them out.

VatorMan
04-09-2008, 11:21 AM

Give up the bottle code dude !!!:whistle:

marko138
04-10-2008, 08:27 AM
:lol:

Katherine
04-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Yeah I thought so too. I pour all mine into pint glasses and never noticed anything. So I'm getting my refund check and still drinking these. Despite Sam Adams warning to dump them out.

Thats dedication there.

Cutty72
04-10-2008, 10:41 AM

Well... you are technically following their instructions.
you are dumping them out... into a glass. :wink:

Just gotta learn to follow things to the WORD of the law... not the LETTER

VatorMan
04-10-2008, 11:12 AM

:withstupid:

Captain Morgan
04-10-2008, 12:50 PM

:withstupid:

I guess you didn't look at the website because it's posted right there. N35 OI

Rider
04-10-2008, 12:52 PM

That website is blocked here at work.. Thanks Cap'n

Captain Morgan
04-10-2008, 12:58 PM
That website is blocked here at work.. Thanks Cap'n

No problem. FYI, the code is at the very bottom of the bottle. Not ON the bottom, but AT the bottom.

Rider
04-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Is it one specific beer or is it possibly all of them that are affected?

marko138
04-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Could be all of them. I had 3 different kinds affected.

Captain Morgan
04-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Is it one specific beer or is it possibly all of them that are affected?

Could be all of them. I had 3 different kinds affected.

It was bottles from a specific bottling plant, so it could be many different beers. Here is the info directly from the website...

------------------------------------------------------

During a routine bottle inspection at one of our breweries, we detected possible defects in a small percentage of bottles resulting in the random presence of bits of glass, most the size of grains of sand, but some small slivers in some bottles as well. Based on this sample, we quickly began testing bottles of Samuel Adams at all of our breweries and identified that the problem appeared to be isolated to a single glass plant of the five that supply us.

We assembled a panel of food safety, medical and packaging experts including a medical doctor who have thoroughly evaluated the samples. People who bite or swallow a fragment could possibly be injured. While the possibility of injury to an individual consumer is very low and the Company has had no reports of any injury, we do know that the risk is not zero, so we are voluntarily recalling all products in bottles from this specific glass plant that we believe could possibly be affected. While we believe that the number of bottles that actually contain glass is significantly less than 1% of the bottles we are recalling, we are taking this measure to protect the safety of our drinkers.

Bottles made in other glass plants that supply us have not shown defects. The potentially affected bottles are easily identified by a raised letter and number visible on the bottom edge of the bottle. Affected bottles are embossed with the digits “N35” followed by the letters “OI”. Please see the photo below. Bottles with this coding should not be consumed.

Because of our bottle coding systems, consumers can check their bottles to see if the product they purchased is part of the recall. If they are, we provide additional information here on what you should do next.

We will be using this Web site moving forward to communicate with you. Quality and assuring the safety of our drinkers is paramount to us. Thank you for your understanding and continued loyalty to Samuel Adams.

VatorMan
04-10-2008, 01:36 PM

I meant off YOUR bottle.

Captain Morgan
04-10-2008, 01:59 PM
I meant off YOUR bottle.

Not sure I understand why. N35 OI is the only code on the recalled bottles.

VatorMan
04-10-2008, 02:14 PM

Apparently there is the FULL code on the beer bottle for us...I mean you to enter to receive a voucher for free beer. I just want to check to see if it works.:whistle:

marko138
04-10-2008, 05:59 PM
No...you also have to enter the printed batch number if you have the affected bottles.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-10-2008, 06:13 PM
shit i would have just poured em through a strainer, or coffee filter...

pour beer away? i think not.

marko138
04-10-2008, 06:19 PM

Exactly. I'm still alive after the first 20. I'll take my chances on the last 4.

Captain Morgan
04-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Apparently there is the FULL code on the beer bottle for us...I mean you to enter to receive a voucher for free beer. I just want to check to see if it works.:whistle:

No...you also have to enter the printed batch number if you have the affected bottles.

Ah, now I get it. Mine weren't affected, so I'm not too worried about it.

From what they say about the size of the glass, coffee filter would be best.

NONE_too_SOFT
04-10-2008, 06:31 PM
your stomach will pretty much be able to pass anything sharp. through peristalsis if your intenstinal lining feels that something is projecting through a viscera into the abdominal cavity it will actually halt peristalsis, and slightly reverse it in order to get the object to pass with minor injury.

You have have seen a dog eat glass, or rocks, or sticks, or whatever before... and thats whats goin on.

ceo012384
04-11-2008, 12:54 AM
Exactly. I'm still alive after the first 20. I'll take my chances on the last 4.
So are you pissing blood yet?

If so, I'll take the other 4 sams.
your stomach will pretty much be able to pass anything sharp. through peristalsis if your intenstinal lining feels that something is projecting through a viscera into the abdominal cavity it will actually halt peristalsis, and slightly reverse it in order to get the object to pass with minor injury.

You have have seen a dog eat glass, or rocks, or sticks, or whatever before... and thats whats goin on.
This is quite possibly the most intelligent thing I've ever seen you say :cheers:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-11-2008, 01:53 PM
yea, that should be added to my NtS's medical factoid thread.