PDA

View Full Version : Moto Guzzi Griso 1100

LeeNetworX
08-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Anybody here have or had one? Looking for any opinions on the bike from someone who's actually ridden one. Thanks.

HurricaneHeather
08-13-2009, 11:10 AM
No but I am totally gay for that bike. :drool:

karl_1052
08-13-2009, 12:36 PM
No but I am totally gay for that bike. :drool:

+1

fnfalman
08-13-2009, 12:40 PM
I did a test ride on a pretty red one late December 2008 at the Long Beach Motorcycle Show. It's long and ponderous at slow speed and unstable at high speed & cornering. The front end is not very planted with seriously vague feel, and I don't think that you can do much adjustments with the forks. Decent engine with a good amount of torque and horsepower mix. Very cool looking. If going slow is your thang and you don't want a cruiser, then the Griso would be a good alternative. You can lumber effortlessly all day long with that torquey engine at legal or slightly below legal speed.

LeeNetworX
08-13-2009, 12:51 PM
I did a test ride on a pretty red one late December 2008 at the Long Beach Motorcycle Show. It's long and ponderous at slow speed and unstable at high speed & cornering. The front end is not very planted with seriously vague feel, and I don't think that you can do much adjustments with the forks. Decent engine with a good amount of torque and horsepower mix. Very cool looking. If going slow is your thang and you don't want a cruiser, then the Griso would be a good alternative. You can lumber effortlessly all day long with that torquey engine at legal or slightly below legal speed.

So, in your opinion, 80mph runs through the mountains on this bike are out of the question?

pauldun170
08-13-2009, 01:07 PM
I haven't ridden one nor have I seen one in person nor do I know of anyone who has ridden one nor I have I read any in depth articles on the bike but my opinion based on the picture presented in this thread is that you would not enjoy riding it because the engine thingee vibrates too much and causes hemmorids.

defector
08-13-2009, 01:18 PM
I haven't ridden one nor have I seen one in person nor do I know of anyone who has ridden one nor I have I read any in depth articles on the bike but my opinion based on the picture presented in this thread is that you would not enjoy riding it because the engine thingee vibrates too much and causes hemmorids.

I will disagree with this, in that it appears to have the very high possibility of transforming into a super cool potentially earth saving robot.

You would enjoy it tremendously....

marko138
08-13-2009, 01:49 PM
I will disagree with this, in that it appears to have the very high possibility of transforming into a super cool potentially earth saving robot.

You would enjoy it tremendously....
I like the idea of this...but only if it's an earth saving robot. The last thing we need running around is an earth destroying robot. What a mess that would be.

Fleck750
08-13-2009, 02:22 PM

So it's an Italian V-max?

karl_1052
08-13-2009, 02:51 PM

Just not a fast one.

Amber Lamps
08-13-2009, 03:03 PM

More like an Italian Harley, Moto Guzzi held on to "tradition" a wee bit too long imho. I've only ridden two 'Guzzis (friend's bikes) and I didn't really enjoy it. Like FNL said, they were VERY vague and never inspired any confidence. Of course getting off a GSXR and throwing a leg over this type of bike will skew your impression somewhat.:idk:

marko138
08-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Here's a question. Is it pronounced "goo-Zee" or "goot-Zee"

Amber Lamps
08-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Here's a question. Is it pronounced "goo-Zee" or "goot-Zee"

I always said "goo-zee" but :idk:

marko138
08-13-2009, 03:19 PM
I always said "goo-zee" but :idk:
Me too. But I've heard both.

karl_1052
08-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Press play

http://forvo.com/word/moto_guzzi/

Amber Lamps
08-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Press play

http://forvo.com/word/moto_guzzi/

Umm... I'm still not sure, I listened to it 10 times and sometimes it seems like he hit a "t" and others not.:lol:

Besides, who's this guy anyway? That's like going around this country asking people to pronounce ANY word, you might get 20+ different versions of it on tape!!!:lol:

marko138
08-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Umm... I'm still not sure, I listened to it 10 times and sometimes it seems like he hit a "t" and others not.:lol:

Besides, who's this guy anyway? That's like going around this country asking people to pronounce ANY word, you might get 20+ different versions of it on tape!!!:lol:
Now there's the most accurate thing you've ever posted.

Amber Lamps
08-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Now there's the most accurate thing you've ever posted.

Nope I once posted you were a "fucking dick!", so this would be the second most accurate thing I've ever posted!!!:lol:

Apoc
08-13-2009, 03:49 PM
nice body styling and frame, but that engine and swingarm completely destroy any good looks the bike might have had otherwise.

And shaft drive too...

marko138
08-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Nope I once posted you were a "fucking dick!", so this would be the second most accurate thing I've ever posted!!!:lol:
Correction will be noted for the record.

Gas Man
08-13-2009, 04:27 PM
That gives me uncertain wood.

marko138
08-13-2009, 04:27 PM
That gives me uncertain wood.
Certainly.

Amber Lamps
08-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Certainly.

Nyuck, nyuck..woo, woo!:lol:

marko138
08-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Nyuck, nyuck..woo, woo!:lol:
Keeping with today's theme, I see.

Curb
08-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Lee, let me know next time you are down this way and I can set up a demo ride for you.

LeeNetworX
08-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Lee, let me know next time you are down this way and I can set up a demo ride for you.

Thanks, Steve.

PhiSig1071
08-14-2009, 12:11 PM
The 8V 1200 is better. I work at a Moto Guzzi/Aprilia shop, and I've ridden the 8V a little, great torque and a lot of fun to ride, but not a racebike by any means. Honestly, until they come out with a Dorsoduro 1200 the Griso 8V is my favorite bike in the shop.

fnfalman
08-14-2009, 01:30 PM
So, in your opinion, 80mph runs through the mountains on this bike are out of the question?

Not out of question, but wouldn't be an enjoyable experience. You'd spend too much time puckering up the asshole because the front end is about as vague as it can get on a non-cruiser bike.

On the straights, the bike is capable of doing 100MPH+ but once again, it's not a pleasant experience because the bike doesn't feel planted.

Scot
08-29-2009, 06:05 PM
my friend Brian has the 8V. It's very smooth and looks awesome IMO. Handles ok but the front end gets a little big of a pogo effect over bumps in turns. I didn't want to press my luck and attempt anything at any elevated speed as he'd only had it a month. It's got some of the stickiest tires out there on it factory but it seems overkill IMO.

If you have a hard on for guzzis, it's a good ride. if you're new to the guzzi thing and unsure of the marquee...try to borrow or test ride one.

cheerleading endcan = fail

Scot
08-29-2009, 06:07 PM
next time we meet up I'll try to remember my camera.

BTW, he thinks it's ok. He used to race CCS expert and is very critical of the bikes he owns. I bet he'd sell it if someone pitched money his way.