View Full Version : Pet first aid

Tsunami
08-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Since we have a lot of animal lovers here...

Yesterday I went to a pet first aid class at the Red Cross. Its a great class, learned CPR, basic first aid, what do do for burns, frostbite, getting hit by cars etc. Highly recommended for anyone that has pets or works with animals. They sent me home with a book and a DVD as well.

About a week or 2 ago, Puggy choked on some mushrooms and collapsed. She was frantic at first and I had no idea what was going on. When she finally collapsed, I picked up her and it dislodged, thank goodness! because if it didn't I would have no idea what to do. There are only 2 24 hour pet hospitals here and they are not near me at all. I wish I took the class sooner!

Homeslice
08-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Wait, mushrooms? From out in the yard, or did you feed her a salad? :lol

the chi
08-16-2009, 10:05 AM
If Puggy is like my dog, she'll eat anything Tsu does. I though mushrooms were poisonous to dogs tho?

Cool concept tho, I'll have to see if they have something like that around here!

Tsunami
08-16-2009, 03:56 PM
If Puggy is like my dog, she'll eat anything Tsu does. I though mushrooms were poisonous to dogs tho?

Cool concept tho, I'll have to see if they have something like that around here!

I never heard about mushrooms being bad for them, but it was on the list of foods not to give them in my handbook, so no more mushrooms for her!