Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What's in your gear closet? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=45)

marko138 10-14-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 79668)
I had a friend go down in a Joe Rocket Ballistic, honestly, it didn't hold up worth shit. I have a GX-Air jacket by Cortech, it has leather in the shoulders, elbows, and down the back, great protection and ventilation. It also came with a zip out quilted liner and rainproof liner, it's really a 12-month jacket.

Did he get rashed? I dont expect it to hold up for more than 1 crash. I commute in it. Otherwise I wear my leathers.

Rider 10-14-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 79668)
I had a friend go down in a Joe Rocket Ballistic, honestly, it didn't hold up worth shit. I have a GX-Air jacket by Cortech, it has leather in the shoulders, elbows, and down the back, great protection and ventilation. It also came with a zip out quilted liner and rainproof liner, it's really a 12-month jacket.

I have the GX Sport. It doesn't have the leather bits, but it's comfortable, fits nicely, has CE rated armor and like you said, an all season jacket(we'll except for the Michigan winters).

jeeps84 10-14-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 79670)
Did he get rashed? I dont expect it to hold up for more than 1 crash. I commute in it. Otherwise I wear my leathers.

Mine disintegrated quicker than denim.

marko138 10-14-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeps84 (Post 79672)
Mine disintegrated quicker than denim.

No shit. Hmmm.

jeeps84 10-14-2008 10:02 AM

Ill never buy textile pants with out leather patches every where needed again. (mostly hips and Ass)

JoJoYZF 10-14-2008 12:00 PM

I finally added an A* smk jacket and A* gp plus gloves to my closet. Im looking for a new pair of short cuff gloves and then this winter or next spring my A* track pants and smx plus boots.

PhiSig1071 10-14-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 79670)

He looped a wheelie (No it wasn't ebbs) and slid for a little while. It shredded pretty bad, he got a little rash, significantly less than he would have if he had been wearing a shirt. I had a mesh jacket and went down, I got rashed up on my arm and shoulder and the jacket shredded pretty quickly. I wont wear straight-up mesh anymore, it has to have something thicker.

marko138 10-14-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 79726)
He looped a wheelie (No it wasn't ebbs) and slid for a little while. It shredded pretty bad, he got a little rash, significantly less than he would have if he had been wearing a shirt. I had a mesh jacket and went down, I got rashed up on my arm and shoulder and the jacket shredded pretty quickly. I wont wear straight-up mesh anymore, it has to have something thicker.

Hmmm. I have two JR jackets. A Phoenix meshie I wear in the summer. And an Atomic textile I wear in the colder weather. Those and the ballistic pants are my commuting suit.

PhiSig1071 10-14-2008 03:44 PM

It's better that shorts and flip-flops, and probably better than jeans, the armor will give you more impact proection than denim. But it's not going to be as much protection as leather.

Sweat dries faster than skin heals.

marko138 10-14-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 79742)
It's better that shorts and flip-flops, and probably better than jeans, the armor will give you more impact proection than denim. But it's not going to be as much protection as leather.

Sweat dries faster than skin heals.

Tell me about it.