Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   sold the 1125R (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20212)

Cutty72 09-28-2011 08:25 PM

damn, have to check into that... probably won't cover it anymore anyway since they are now defunct.
it's still in good shape, so not worried right now.

marko138 09-28-2011 08:33 PM

Warrantied by whom? The buell motorcycle company doesnt exist any longer.

OneSickPsycho 09-28-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 491905)
Look into that. I thought the same thing. It's a "life time belt" not a life time warranty.

All it means is that the old belt was supposed to be replaced at XX,XXX miles. The new one just gets replaced when it breaks.

If your dealer is warrantying the belt for you beyond the initial bike warranty, then you have an awesome dealer.

If I'm not mistaken, a belt is between 180-200 dollars.

So it costs the same as a good chain and sprockets... Doesn't sound too expensive to me...

Gas Man 09-28-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 491855)
Marko is just going to wind up with a geezer mobile like G-man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 491860)
Ideally, yes. I've been looking at them for about a year now. Just can't afford to throw down that kind of money on a bike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 491861)
Yep, my next bike will be a big ol' comfy cruiser I think...

I love my bike, honestly. It does exactly what it's designed to do and does it well. Sure I've done a few mods, some cosmetic, some performance comfort (not high performance), and some comfort. It's damn comfortable.

And I would say that if somebody else wanted to push their HD Ultra like mine, it could do respectable chasing Trips BMW. Maybe not as well, but respectable. It won't be me, I'm done with most of that and don't feel the need to prove me or the bike. Let the next guy do it...

Trip 09-28-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 491919)
I love my bike, honestly. It does exactly what it's designed to do and does it well. Sure I've done a few mods, some cosmetic, some performance comfort (not high performance), and some comfort. It's damn comfortable.

And I would say that if somebody else wanted to push their HD Ultra like mine, it could do respectable chasing Trips BMW. Maybe not as well, but respectable. It won't be me, I'm done with most of that and don't feel the need to prove me or the bike. Let the next guy do it...

Yep, you got to get what you want.

I wouldn't expect anyone with that bike to be pushing it. We were joking about how nice it was not have to worry about anybody over riding their bike or skill this rally. :lol:

tommymac 09-29-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 491924)
Yep, you got to get what you want.

I wouldn't expect anyone with that bike to be pushing it. We were joking about how nice it was not have to worry about anybody over riding their bike or skill this rally. :lol:

thats because I didnt try to keep up with you when we pulled out of that store in lil switz LOL

jtemple 09-30-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 491915)
So it costs the same as a good chain and sprockets... Doesn't sound too expensive to me...

Yep, just spent over $200 on new chain and sprockets for my TE.

marko138 09-30-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 491919)

I love your bike too. Shit is comfortable!

Gas Man 10-01-2011 02:00 AM

Good point Trip. It was a good rally as far as no major incidents or break downs.

Thanks marko. Come out here in decent weather and I'll let you ride it some more. ;)

OneSickPsycho 10-01-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtemple (Post 492129)
Yep, just spent over $200 on new chain and sprockets for my TE.

Oh, and it lasts longer... I've seen guys with 20k or more on their Buells still rockin the original belt...