Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Great R6 (re)Build (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1785)

Amber Lamps 07-24-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 57892)
True... but do I want to disassemble and rebuild my forks before the next track days because I wouldn't sacrifice a week of street riding?...

I think you have a valid point but considering how many different bikes travel the roads with out any protection in the first place... HEY,do you have any of those wrap around beer cozys laying around your house or something to put on the exposed part of the forks with zip ties?

Vettezilla (Impala Balko) 07-24-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 57914)
I think you have a valid point but considering how many different bikes travel the roads with out any protection in the first place... HEY,do you have any of those wrap around beer cozys laying around your house or something to put on the exposed part of the forks with zip ties?

they make those things for quads... I wonder if those would work.

Dave 07-24-2008 07:30 PM

just stay away from cars...

Dnyce 07-24-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 57892)
True... but do I want to disassemble and rebuild my forks before the next track days because I wouldn't sacrifice a week of street riding?...

anything can happen-its only a week...thats almost over anyway. just wait. track beats street anyday, spend this week checking over everything, u just did one or two trackdays after putting it back together. make sure all that shit is clean and tite. then ballz out at trackday with new paint. :dthumb:

Gas Man 07-26-2008 08:35 AM

A week? Who's doing the work, Eurore? Could tear the forks off the front of the bike in a matter of mins... completely break them down in about an hour... then put them back together (need a fork seal pounder) and poof... done! Include lunch break, and drinks break... half a day.

Dnyce 07-26-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 58193)
A week? Who's doing the work, Eurore? Could tear the forks off the front of the bike in a matter of mins... completely break them down in about an hour... then put them back together (need a fork seal pounder) and poof... done! Include lunch break, and drinks break... half a day.

no1 said it would take a week to fix i dont think.
half a day for usd forks? need more than a seal pounder buddy, and i think u got chop on the brain anyway. this is a r6

ceo012384 07-28-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 57914)

I was thinking about those... doesn't matter now though... I found out you need a fender to pass inspection and my bike needs a sticker.

Really it's not a big deal, I'm not losing sleep over it. It looks like I'll be back on two these weekend, on the street... for the first time in quite a while.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 58193)
A week? Who's doing the work, Eurore? Could tear the forks off the front of the bike in a matter of mins...

No, the week of riding before waiting to get the shit back.

Should be picking everything up from the painter thursday evening, it looks like. Still have more goodies on their way to me, too ;)

Gas Man 07-29-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 58235)
no1 said it would take a week to fix i dont think.
half a day for usd forks? need more than a seal pounder buddy, and i think u got chop on the brain anyway. this is a r6

Hey i ressemble that remark about chop on the brain... :D

Dnyce 07-30-2008 01:16 AM

hey i was wondering(question for dlit too)-are u gonna use race gas when u start racing? just curious.

if so, you going to get it tuned again i hopes

ceo012384 07-31-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 59033)
hey i was wondering(question for dlit too)-are u gonna use race gas when u start racing? just curious.

if so, you going to get it tuned again i hopes

I haven't really thought about it... but I would have to get my PCIII retuned to run race gas. So at least in the beginning, I doubt it.

I'm picking all the plastics up tomorrow night. I can't fuckin' wait. The street stuff will be on for the week, then I'll throw the track stuff on.

I think I'll try to do the decals on the track stuff next weekend... it needs to be mounted to do it so I'll wait until then.