Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gun Thread (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15842)

RACER X 06-13-2013 09:10 PM

almost ordered 22 online, $30 for 500rds , limit 1, decent price, $15 shipping ....... not so great now

nhgunnut 06-15-2013 11:35 AM

Ok so I wnet down to one of the Distributors with a friend who owns a shop this week . I wasn't going to get anything just kill a a couple of hour which I couldn't ride in because of the endless rain.
By the time I got there I had Decided on the MTAC Fast Fire Combo which I put on my FS2000 and because I had been thinking, perhaps obsessing about one of these I grabbed a MK22. This is the latest generation, and reportedly they have resolved the cracking stock and light primer strike issues.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps312f3e35.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psea1344f8.jpg
So now I have a Tacticool 22 that may inspire me to drop the cash for a SCAR

Twobanger 06-15-2013 12:48 PM

Nice. Let us know how it runs. I keep hounding the guys at Academy about getting in a SCAR to go with the FDE .22 they have on the shelf. If I weren't so invested in S&W 15-22s I'd pick one up.

RACER X 06-17-2013 05:29 AM

500+ rds wasn't enough, she wanted to stay longer

http://i42.tinypic.com/r9ho3o.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/ehhq3q.jpg

5yds

man that gun is fun! going to get a collapsible stock and it'll be perfect for everyone. too bad no co. makes one, so people on the ruger forum are making them for 1/2 the price of the gun :-/

CasterTroy 06-17-2013 07:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Awesome Ed. She rocks :rockwoot:

Took the boy to the 100 yrd range yesterday. He can keep a 2 MOA with the (stock ) 15/22 (with 4-16 scope) without taking time to shoot between breaths (i.e. just shooting a shot every 2 seconds or so)

But my buddy travis can do sub-MOA @ 100yrds with his bull barrelled 10/22

I'm jealous.

I got to tune the AR pistol and the new 16" PSA standard AR. I let the boy shoot the pistol @25 yards with some M855. Needless to say on that AR500 steel target, the M855 made an impact that sent bursts of stars and sparks all over the place :lol: One impact had a grapefruit sized ball of sun at impact that was quite spectacular. It actually created small craters where it hit :tremble: But I had to be certain the pistol would feed it without any issues. It passed :rockwoot: but it won't feed steel cased Wolf ammo at ALL... Any help with that nhgunnut? Phase 5 pistol tube and spring, so the springs set up for pistol action.

RACER X 06-18-2013 06:55 AM

figured out my next gun

Ruger Gunsite Scout

CasterTroy 06-18-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 530187)
figured out my next gun

Ruger Gunsite Scout

Mossberg is suppose to release the 308 version of the 5.56 MVP series this summer. I'm interested to see it. The current MVP series takes standard AR mags. Since the 5.56 version takes standard AR mags, that makes for a great bugout companion gun to a short barrel AR in a bugout application. If the 308 version takes AR10A mags, then that would be an awesome bugout companion for someone with a AR chambered in 308 :rockwoot:

nhgunnut 06-18-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 530163)
Awesome Ed. She rocks :rockwoot:

Took the boy to the 100 yrd range yesterday. He can keep a 2 MOA with the (stock ) 15/22 (with 4-16 scope) without taking time to shoot between breaths (i.e. just shooting a shot every 2 seconds or so)

But my buddy travis can do sub-MOA @ 100yrds with his bull barrelled 10/22

I'm jealous.

I got to tune the AR pistol and the new 16" PSA standard AR. I let the boy shoot the pistol @25 yards with some M855. Needless to say on that AR500 steel target, the M855 made an impact that sent bursts of stars and sparks all over the place :lol: One impact had a grapefruit sized ball of sun at impact that was quite spectacular. It actually created small craters where it hit :tremble: But I had to be certain the pistol would feed it without any issues. It passed :rockwoot: but it won't feed steel cased Wolf ammo at ALL... Any help with that nhgunnut? Phase 5 pistol tube and spring, so the springs set up for pistol action.

I haven't played with AR Pistols that much, but the geometry of the round is the same between manufactures . You don't mention what the pistol is doing but My guess is short stroking. The round fires but either doesn't eject or more likely doesn't feed the the next round reliably. The first question is how badly do you want to run cheap ammo? You culprit is most likely that wolf and (most of the Russian 223 rounds ) are loaded weaker than their western counterparts. Options in order of what I would try.
1 Decrease the Buffer Weight. ( you can buy a lighter buffer or do what I would do and knock the role pin out of the buffer, remove weight and fill the space with something light weight)
2 Try a lighter spring (or cut a coil) The caution to both of these fixes would be increased perception of recoil with the hotter US rounds. And if you see signs of over gassing like the bolt no locking back or damage to the case head you have gone to far.
These first 2 fixes can easily be undone with simple parts swaps and if you find a setup that works , you are free to keep 2 springs and 2 buffers that work with the ammo of the day. This last one is a all or nothing.
3 Last and I don't recommend it unless you have a spare barrel , is to take the barrel it to someone skilled and open the gas port slightly. I would really hesitate before I did that
Hope it helps

nhgunnut 06-18-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 530188)
Mossberg is suppose to release the 308 version of the 5.56 MVP series this summer. I'm interested to see it. The current MVP series takes standard AR mags. Since the 5.56 version takes standard AR mags, that makes for a great bugout companion gun to a short barrel AR in a bugout application. If the 308 version takes AR10A mags, then that would be an awesome bugout companion for someone with a AR chambered in 308 :rockwoot:

The 223 MVP cries out for a 300blk barrel with a can!

CasterTroy 06-18-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 530189)
You don't mention what the pistol is doing but My guess is short stroking.

Yep...Short stroking. Ejects the spent cartrige but won't pull back far enough to cycle the next round.

After spending several hours on AR15.com it seems the wolf ammo does this to several new rifles. Big culprit was new buffer springs. Since everything but the upper (shell) is new on this pistol build, I really need to fire at least 500 rounds of nothing but good brass thru it to break it in before attempting the cheap wolf again.

Surprising, since the new PSA 16" ate it like candy :skep: but whatever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 530190)
The 223 MVP cries out for a 300blk barrel with a can!

One would HOPE that since the 308 version is due in the summer sometime, a 300blk would be in the works :rockwoot: and I agree.