Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Rodent Mod (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13301)

ontwo 02-16-2010 03:17 PM

I've had great success with the old standby, cheese. I wedge it in the groove on the trigger.

HokieDNA01 02-16-2010 03:57 PM

I used to work at a lab where killing mice and pinkies was an everyday chore. Sad but those critters breed a littler of 10-15babies every 21 days. If she had rescued them they would have just nested somewhere else. Pinkies are also VERY hard to kill by "humane" methods. crushing them or taking their heads off is the quickest way. I would have done the same thing.

Dave 02-16-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 (Post 336913)
I used to work at a lab where killing mice and pinkies was an everyday chore. Sad but those critters breed a littler of 10-15babies every 21 days. If she had rescued them they would have just nested somewhere else. Pinkies are also VERY hard to kill by "humane" methods. crushing them or taking their heads off is the quickest way. I would have done the same thing.

thats why God made arowanas

lauralynne 02-16-2010 04:43 PM

at least they can't lay eggs in your ears....neener neener

azoomm 02-16-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 336860)
Ewwww! I would've screamed too.

And am I just a sicko....or am I the only one that wants pics? :lmao:

:lol:

I thought about it... but, the feeling of it crushing under my foot was still too recent and creepy. Is it odd that I had no problem killing them - just feeling it squish/crunch.

Gas Man 02-16-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 336811)
You dropped a brick on the other 2? Why? :scratch: Seems like the mother probably would have come rescue them if you let them be.

No way... mothers typically don't come back after a human has interupted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 336816)
Why? Only to make more rodents? No thanks.

Exactly... I have chopped a full grown in half with a shovel. I have traps all around my house in key areas. Plus decon all around the garage and shed.

tommymac 02-16-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 (Post 336913)

I just feed em to the snakes. In the labs dont they asphyxiate them with co2?

derf 02-16-2010 05:44 PM

In the winter when it gets cold out I can get a mouse or two find their way into my house. I just started to lay out the glue traps along the walls and once in a while I hear one squaking like all hell. I just take the mouse stuck on the clue trap and drown it in a bucket of water. If I dont drown it a few days later I will see a mouse running around with a big patch of hair missing off its back.

anthonyk 02-16-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 336967)
I just feed em to the snakes. In the labs dont they asphyxiate them with co2?

Depends on what they're being used for, I bet. I worked in a brain lab for a summer, and they just lopped off the pinkies' heads over a bucket of liquid nitrogen.

The kittens got better treatment. At least they got knocked out before the brains came out. (It was a shitty summer.)

tommymac 02-16-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonyk (Post 336975)
Depends on what they're being used for, I bet. I worked in a brain lab for a summer, and they just lopped off the pinkies' heads over a bucket of liquid nitrogen.

The kittens got better treatment. At least they got knocked out before the brains came out. (It was a shitty summer.)

When I was in PA school our pharmacology prof hooked me up with a bunch of mice and rats for my critters and he said they were all killed via asphyxiation and then frozen for me. I dont recall what they were using them for though.