Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ah shit. I'm in trouble now. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2123)

Phenix_Rider 08-05-2008 06:37 AM

Yup, beginner in NESBA. Read a bunch of books- Total Control, part of TOTW, several others I can't think of offhand. The pants fit great other than they're taking forever to break in- may have to soak them down and go for a ride. Just that the A* Track pants I have only have a zupper, a small velcro patch and a pathetic snap to hold them closed. Popping open is a common complaint with them. The group of local guys I'm going with are all experienced/talented riders. One just got bumped to I from A- unfortunately, he also totaled his track bike. They also have a couple control riders that like to hang around. Shouldn't be a problem getting some good advice on the spot.

Trip 08-05-2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 60894)
Dont be encouraging dudes to whip their dicks out. Theres some on here thatll do it

I dont care if they do, it's the internet, we can't see them.

OneSickPsycho 08-05-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 60987)
I dont care if they do, it's the internet, we can't see them.

Truth... 3/4 of my time spent on here I am totally naked.

marko138 08-05-2008 12:19 PM

Have fun man. It's a blast.

DLIT 08-05-2008 01:04 PM

Always remember...HOLD YOUR LINE. No matter how slow, just hold it. You don't want to frustrate the guy behind you because you can't hold a line. Fast or slow, early or late, hold that line.

the chi 08-05-2008 02:11 PM

Ceo has it right on, as does DL.

You are going to be nervous. I am EVERY time, but once you get out there, you will feel your groove and get moving...if you dont feel it, get off the track. It's ok to take a break. Dont kill yourself the first day out.

More accidents happen cuz the riders head isnt in the right place than anything else out there. You wont have time to worry about paying the bills or anything else...focus on your teachers and remember your technique.

Techinique brings improvement and speed. Simply trying to haul ass without proper technique is like trying to take a test without reading the book. You wont get any better. As you improve, you speed up naturally.

And remember this, your tires will NOT be ready after a lap or 2, get a good 3-4 laps on your tires to get them warmed up before you decide to test yourself and your tires.

And most importantly - There will ALWAYS be someone faster and better than you. Learn from these people, dont get pissy or try to outdo your skill levels by trying to beat them.

marko138 08-05-2008 02:34 PM

What Rae said is equally important. Make sure your tires are good and warm. I went slower than shit on the first couple laps to make sure I had sufficient heat in the tires. I'll be damned if I'm gonna crash b/c of cold tires. That is completely avoidable.

ceo012384 08-05-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 61104)
What Rae said is equally important. Make sure your tires are good and warm. I went slower than shit on the first couple laps to make sure I had sufficient heat in the tires. I'll be damned if I'm gonna crash b/c of cold tires. That is completely avoidable.

Agreed.

However after I did that I was a huge pussy about getting my tires warm unnecessarily. Then afterwards as I got my speed up and became more relaxed I started to be able to really 'feel' when they were sticking, plus hard braking and accel gets them nice and hot.

Now I'm knee down in turn 6 when pit in is by turn 2 (and turn 5 isn't really a turn). After a little less than one lap I'm full out now...

That's with Corsa III's, btw. They heat up pretty fast.

marko138 08-05-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 61113)
Agreed.

However after I did that I was a huge pussy about getting my tires warm unnecessarily. Then afterwards as I got my speed up and became more relaxed I started to be able to really 'feel' when they were sticking, plus hard braking and accel gets them nice and hot.

Now I'm knee down in turn 6 when pit in is by turn 2 (and turn 5 isn't really a turn). After a little less than one lap I'm full out now...

That's with Corsa III's, btw. They heat up pretty fast.

I've got Corsa III's on the Buell. No issues with heat up time. I'd go full deal jones on lap 2 with them....no question.

the chi 08-05-2008 03:29 PM

by lap 3 on my PP's I am comfortable going full out and could manage lap 2, but for a total newb who cant feel the difference, those few laps could make or break him... Ive seen too many senseless crashes now for something silly like cold tires to even think about risking it and pushing too early...