Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What's the dumbest thing you have done on your bike? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11344)

TYEster 11-01-2009 09:45 PM

Didn't check into theft insurance before AND/or after it got stolen. Thus leaving me with the rest of the payoff.

tached1000rr 11-01-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 286028)
Didn't check into theft insurance before AND/or after it got stolen. Thus leaving me with the rest of the payoff.

ouch!

dReWpY 11-01-2009 09:47 PM

that sucks....

i made a retarded pass at the dragon with trip and got called out on it, i have actually calmed down alot since that moment

HurricaneHeather 11-01-2009 09:56 PM

Driving down a road I didn't know at night by myself when I was mad. They don't always bother to put signs up saying the road takes a 90 degree right turn. Locked up the front brake and finally got stopped about 15 ft from the road in the gravel. I still have no idea how I didn't drop it.

Strange thing is, there was a dead dog in the road when I went out there and it was gone 15 minutes later when I came back through. :skep:

Dave 11-01-2009 11:05 PM

besides the derf incident, theres this road we usually hit at least once a year that snakes through parts of delaware, pa, and maryland thats tight, narrow, twisty, and has crazy elevation changes. well wer're on the way back and im up at the front riding with the young dumb and fast group at around fourth. theres this one particular hill that everyone is hitting hard enough to jump over...well i go for it too. only thing is i forget about torque and keep it pinned when i hit the air and she stands up into a guy martin style jump into a wheelie landing. and me not at all being prepared for it my feet slide completely off the rear pegs and hang from the bars. somehow i managed to go into the superhuman time slowdown place that happens when you are about to die and eased the throttle off to bring her down on two and back under control. didnt really learn my lesson from that either as a few turns later we were coming down a sharp grade into a left and i screwed up a downshift and had to deal with a little skid action. i eased off after that one :lol: sixxer can attest to the truth of this story since he and another friend were right behind me

lauralynne 11-02-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 286028)

winner.

t-homo 11-02-2009 05:53 AM

going too fast, stupid passes, killin it at bike night because of the kickstand, etc.

Cruzergirl 11-02-2009 08:07 AM

Rode back from D.C. to Pensacola FL alone just 8 days after PRK surgery.

Mr Lefty 11-02-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzergirl (Post 286142)
Rode back from D.C. to Pensacola FL alone just 8 days after PRK surgery.

day 8 I was fine... day 2 and 3 was a nightmare though for opening my eyes... but I rode on day 5 on...

imagine your eyes got pretty dry...

Kaneman 11-02-2009 09:10 AM

Trying to keep up with an experienced and skilled rider on a Tuono riding VA mountain roads while on a DL1000 loaded with at least 200lbs of gear. I had an inflated ego from railing the Blue Ridge Parkway for about 8 hours that day.