Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   GOP is kicking ass... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17024)

nhgunnut 11-03-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 422617)
I can't stand the woman...period and yes she did a $hitty job.

I'm also not a registered Republican so I'm not dancing in the streets for them either but closer to that party than I am the Democrats.

With you Randy, Pelosi is a Parasite> I don't really want to see anyone party running the table but Unless Obama quotes Linden Johnson and does the "I will not Seek nor will I accept the Nomination of my party for President" I think President Gingrich or the like will be addressing a completely Republican Congress 2 years from now.

Porkchop 11-03-2010 06:43 PM

The Repubs had a clean sweep in Ohio I think....

goof2 11-03-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 422789)
With you Randy, Pelosi is a Parasite> I don't really want to see anyone party running the table but Unless Obama quotes Linden Johnson and does the "I will not Seek nor will I accept the Nomination of my party for President" I think President Gingrich or the like will be addressing a completely Republican Congress 2 years from now.

I think the Senate going Republican and the House staying that way are pretty likely in 2012. There will be a lot more Democrat seats up for reelection in 2012 than there were this year. In 2004 (when the seats that were just voted for were last up) the Democrats won only 15 seats, or 16 after Specter flipped, out of 34 seats that were up. In 2006 though Democrats won 22 (24 if you count Independents) of 33 seats that were up. Even if the country is pretty evenly split in 2012 I don't see the Democrats winning Senate seats at a 2.5 to 1 margin.

The Presidency is a bit tougher though. While Obama's favorability ratings currently aren't great, those who still view him favorably will be out in force to vote for him in 2012. If the economy gets better in the next two years that will naturally help Obama as well. Two years is a whole lot of time.

Papa_Complex 11-03-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 422586)
This is actually the way I like things with the exception of the senate. Heavily influenced republican policy is the only way it leaves congress, but the democrat president will veto anything too extremist. It forces them to be centrist or they can't do shit to us. I think it works better than democrat congress/republican president.

The best thing about a split government is that they spend so much time fighting with each other, they don't get anything passed that isn't absolutely necessary. That means limited opportunities to fuck things up.

Dave 11-03-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 422829)
The best thing about a split government is that they spend so much time fighting with each other, they don't get anything passed that isn't absolutely necessary. That means limited opportunities to fuck things up.

which is the way it was designed in the first place

Trip 11-03-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 422818)
The Presidency is a bit tougher though. While Obama's favorability ratings currently aren't great, those who still view him favorably will be out in force to vote for him in 2012. If the economy gets better in the next two years that will naturally help Obama as well. Two years is a whole lot of time.

There is no one in the republican party right now that has reason to beat him yet. Sarah Palin is a joke.

goof2 11-03-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 422836)
There is no one in the republican party right now that has reason to beat him yet. Sarah Palin is a joke.

That is important, but also nearly impossible to judge at this point. At similar intervals before the 92, 00, and 08 elections Clinton, Bush, and Obama were barely blips on anyone's radars. The "favorite" this far out has a habit of not winning their party's nomination.

Porkchop 11-03-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 422836)
Sarah Palin is a joke.

THIS. She is single handedly fucking up the Republican party.... in image if nothing else. The shit that comes out of that woman's mouth....

Papa_Complex 11-03-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 422842)
THIS. She is single handedly fucking up the Republican party.... in image if nothing else. The shit that comes out of that woman's mouth....

You don't think that people like "Not a Witch" are kinda helping the slide?

Trip 11-03-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 422842)

I am more concerned about putting something in her mouth, than nothing can come out. :lol: