Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Well I did a little asphalt surfing this morning... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=12279)

ericr 12-17-2009 11:12 PM

Glad you're ok, sucks about the bike man :(

racedoll 12-17-2009 11:12 PM

Damn Jared. Glad to hear you are OK.
Make sure you go through that bike with a fine tooth comb. Like someone else said, hate to see you dump a bunch a money into it when more might be wrong.

101lifts2 12-18-2009 12:10 AM

Good News: You're not hurt

Bad News: Bike looks like absolute shit.

They will total it out for sure...

derf 12-18-2009 12:31 AM

Yeh I'm with the others that said replace the engine. Something very similar happened to a buddy of mine, where the stator took a direct hit and he fixed the bike. After spending a shitload of his own money to fix it the motor he was able to make it out of his neighborhood before the motor blew itself to pieces. Turns out the crank seperated 2 inches into the motor. He said after a few miles the bike started to get a heavy vibration under load so he started to take it easy and head home and boom. Locked up the rear wheel and took him for a ride.

You need to buy your suit back from my brother cuz he stole your good luck

njchopper87 12-18-2009 01:47 AM

Fuck.. sorry man. Glad you're all right, though. Oil slicks are definitely not cool..

Gas Man 12-18-2009 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 307616)
Damn man, glad you are ok. That engine case took a licking.

It might be worth it to just get a used motor.

I know that would be best but I can share in Jarod's passion to put the miles in on the motor. This is his single man million mile march. I get that.

other than the stator area, the body work don't look bad.

Overall its a complete judgement call. I would consider calling insurance on it if I had full coverage. You know they will total it.

Tuff luck and tuff call.

Glad you're ok.

marko138 12-18-2009 08:08 AM

Damn man. Terrible. I've hit a curb...though my Zuk made out a little better. Take it easy for a day or two. Good luck.

tached1000rr 12-18-2009 08:33 AM

glad you are okay

Amber Lamps 12-18-2009 11:32 AM

That sucks Bro! It's a tough call and I know you don't want to hear this but...I think it's time for a new bike. Even if the motor can be repaired/replaced for a reasonable amount, the frank truth is the bike isn't worth it. Besides, your frame/sub frame could be slightly tweaked. Forks could be slightly tweaked. Etc. Do you really want to pump thousands of dollars into a bike that's only work a couple grand? I'd take the money and find a really good deal on a CBR600RR and call it good. I've been both ways on this deal. I had '97 YZF1000R that I bought back after the deer and it was a POS after wards. I gave up my '01 GSXR1000 and I wish that I had kept it...although, it turned out that the frame was tweaked. Considering the age/mileage on the bike and the hit that the motor took...I'd go shopping. I may be wrong but I could have sworn that I've seen '07/'08 CBRs for about $8000 otd.

marko138 12-18-2009 11:34 AM

Im with Tigger. The risks involved are not worth fixing that bike. She's been good to you. Time to put her to bed.