Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Great R6 (re)Build (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1785)

Cutty72 06-23-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itgirl (Post 52151)
the big dent in the tank is why i don't wanna chance my baby on the track. :(

You don't ride an R6... At least it shouldn't burst into a huge ball of flames! :lol:

And besides, that's what insurance is for. :)

DLIT 06-23-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Don't let that stop you. Try and locate a used one before you ride track then. You can get damaged ones for cheap on Ebay.

Phenix_Rider 06-23-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 52164)
And besides, that's what insurance is for. :)

Nope. Many carriers won't cover track damage. *cough* progressive *cough* Of course, you could take it out to the street and drop it again...

mondos06cbr1000 06-23-2008 12:28 PM

i like the way you think

good luck CEO maybe ill stop by and hang out a bit and watch u put her together...im not busy these days

JoJoYZF 06-23-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider (Post 52171)
Nope. Many carriers won't cover track damage. *cough* progressive *cough* Of course, you could take it out to the street and drop it again...

One company is not many. Likes its been said many times before, many companies look at it as a learning experience (especially if there is a classroom part), as long as its not an organized race.

Gas Man 06-23-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 52166)
Don't let that stop you. Try and locate a used one before you ride track then. You can get damaged ones for cheap on Ebay.

That is the correct idea. Buy some cheap mis matched lightly rashed plastics off ebay... rattle can paint them... track them. Then when on the street you have nice new ones.

Quote:

Yeah and who knows where you truly "dropped" the bike. Most smart people never file a police report anyway!

ceo012384 06-24-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 52069)
It looks best naked...

It doesn't. It really doesn't.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 52096)
hOW MUCH WERE THE WC plastics?

They list for 649 for upper, lower, fender, tail, and undertail. I got them for a bit less ;)
Quote:

Then don't crash!
Quote:

Nope. Many carriers won't cover track damage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 52187)
One company is not many. Likes its been said many times before, many companies look at it as a learning experience (especially if there is a classroom part), as long as its not an organized race.

Right.... If the track day organization doesn't allow racing, aggressive passing, or timing, it's no different than an MSF ERC, and they'll cover you. If they try to fight you, you've got a great basis for argument.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mondos06cbr1000 (Post 52180)
good luck CEO maybe ill stop by and hang out a bit and watch u put her together...im not busy these days

You're welcome to bro. I'll be out there every weekend wrenching on that bitch. Except for the couple trips I have to do, like tow it out to the dyno tuner, and drive the plastics to the painter... shit like that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 52248)
That is the correct idea. Buy some cheap mis matched lightly rashed plastics off ebay... rattle can paint them... track them. Then when on the street you have nice new ones.

This isn't really effective though because when you crash you'll still bust up all your mounting tabs and your lights and all that shit.

Track plastics are more economical in the long run, and with brands like eracings out there, very affordable.

I did a bunch of wrenching on sunday... I haven't had a chance to type it up yet. I'll do it when I get a chance.

mondos06cbr1000 06-24-2008 04:47 PM

lemme no when, ill pm you my cell number and ill swing on by

ceo012384 06-24-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mondos06cbr1000 (Post 52396)
lemme no when

:panic::panic::panic:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 52381)
I'll be out there every weekend

Gas Man 06-25-2008 09:20 AM

Yeah but when you break the mounting tabs on some cheap ebay plastics... who gives a fuck when you only paid $50 for the piece.