Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Southwest Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Austin, 1098 rider, Mohawk on helmet.. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=5749)

ilVoce 02-04-2009 07:02 PM

I'm pretty sure that dude lives within a mile of my place. I see him every so often rolling through the neighborhood, but I only saw the mohawk maybe a week ago. I wanted to veer over into his lane, put my hand out the window, and smack him upside the head.

Takes all kinds, I guess...

G-Rex 02-04-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archren (Post 159581)
Wasn't me...

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

I'm going to have to check your helmet this weekend. :whistle:

Archren 02-04-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 159837)
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Dude has a solid color helmet IIRC... mine isn't solid. Ass. redflip

Adeptus_Minor 02-05-2009 06:49 AM

Kinda reminds me of one of the few other TLR riders I met in Austin back when I had mine.
He rode up to EZ's when we were having our bike night... fairly squidly, except for the oh so stylish silver German army helmet... and announced "WHERE THE PARTY AT?!"

Yeah... :whistle:

xx CURVE xx 02-05-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 159837)
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

No it wasn't her...i checked it the other night :D

Ol' Man Rider 02-05-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archren (Post 159581)
He had 1098R plastics on it because he'd dumped it... and then he dumped it again leaving Ming's. :lmao:

It's my understanding that these "Mohawks" you guys are refering to are better known as helmet sweepers. They're handy as frame sliders for those who drop their bike regulary. Do you have any idea of how timely it is to try and pick up all your broken plastic bits after dropping your bike? The helmet sweeper makes quick work of the job and allows you to quickly resume your stand up wheelies and rev limiter bouncing.

Archren 02-05-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol' Man Rider (Post 160159)
It's my understanding that these "Mohawks" you guys are refering to are better known as helmet sweepers. They're handy as frame sliders for those who drop their bike regulary. Do you have any idea of how timely it is to try and pick up all your broken plastic bits after dropping your bike? The helmet sweeper makes quick work of the job and allows you to quickly resume your stand up wheelies and rev limiter bouncing.

Hahaha... fucking gold right there. :lol:

James 02-11-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 160017)
"WHERE THE PARTY AT?!"

I remember that, Greg. Good times. :dthumb:

Mr Lefty 02-12-2009 01:13 PM

ya know... that hawk got your attention didn't it? probably grabbed a lot of soccer moms attention too... it may have been played out by all the "hooligans" a couple years ago...

but I've honestly thought of sporting one... I could care less what other bikers think of how I look... (why I sport a safety reflective vest at night and in the rain) but extra visibility is nice. :idk:

Adeptus_Minor 02-12-2009 09:34 PM

If they'd let us strap sawed-off shotguns to our bikes, that'd get their attention too.
Unfortunately, that gets the wrong kind of attention.