Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Meet the asshole who passes bikes in the HOV lane (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22254)

LeeNetworX 05-06-2013 03:49 PM

HOV lane != Passing lane

shmike 05-06-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 528891)
HOV lane != Passing lane

Word.

If it's HOV, it's not the left lane, even if it's on the left side.

Particle Man 05-07-2013 06:20 AM

Once you're in the HOV you can't get out in some places and one asshole binds up the works - if the Harley was being said asshole and he got passed, then :lol:

I the guy on the Harley was going the same speed or faster than anyone else (ie not being the asshole), then :mad:

:)

Trip 05-07-2013 07:32 AM

Fuck the harley, he should go faster.

tommymac 05-07-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 528899)

he probably had it pinned, any way it can go faster is if you throw it off a mountain :lol:

LeeNetworX 05-07-2013 08:13 AM

"Anyone going slower than you is a moron. Anyone going faster than you is an asshole." - George Carlin

Trip 05-07-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 528905)
"Anyone going slower than you is a moron. Anyone going faster than you is an asshole." - George Carlin

I disagree with the second half, I love people who go faster than me. They usually piss of the people in front of me to get out of the left lane leaving me no headache to deal with when I roll through.

Papa_Complex 05-07-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 528899)

... or get the hell out of the left lane, but half lane passes are bloody dangerous to the rider. Much better to slot in 6 feet off his rear wheel, then hammer the horn and constantly flash the blinkers.

pauldun170 05-07-2013 11:16 AM

Rider was not in left lane.
Rider was in HOV. HOV is not a passing lane.
Rider was going at the same speed as flow of traffic, maintaining same (proper) distance from car in front of him for at least 20 minutes.

The flow of traffic in the HOV lane at the time was equivalent to that of the passing lane.

HOV lane flow of traffic could be exactly 55 while all other lanes are 85. You cannot pass and you cannot exit HOV unless you are at entrance\exit to HOV lane.

azoomm 05-07-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 528907)
I disagree with the second half, I love people who go faster than me. They usually piss of the people in front of me to get out of the left lane leaving me no headache to deal with when I roll through.

Or, they could leave a wake disaster for everyone else behind them to deal with. I agree with the sentiment, they are an asshole.

HOV isn't to be always faster. It's to be always moving. There IS a privilege to driving in that lane and it isn't to be convenient to everyone. It is to be constantly moving without the interruption of merging traffic. There is no entering and exiting at a whim. And, there isn't passing allowed unless it's multiple lanes (like those I've been on through Houston). It's a single lane, you would have the Harley tailgate the driving he was keeping a distance from? If the driver that passed him was in such a hurry, he should have tried his luck with the traffic in the herd.