Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   For those of you that ride on track only (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=12511)

the chi 01-03-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 313218)
That is making less sense by the minute...lol Track orgs make you sign a wavier that you are not responsible for anyone else's bike, nor their person. So..if you're not claiming it on your insurance, then why cover it?

1) because I am still paying on it and its required
2) because if I do crash and it will cost more than my deductible to repair, I can use the insurance
3)if I do take it out on the street, since it is legal, and I get my ass run over, its better to keep the insurance on it rather than let it lapse or reget it every time I decided to street it
4)its a personal choice and doesnt require your approval or make sense to you :wink:

lauralynne 01-03-2010 02:04 AM

I don't insure any of my bikes.

Amber Lamps 01-03-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 313218)
That is making less sense by the minute...lol Track orgs make you sign a wavier that you are not responsible for anyone else's bike, nor their person. So..if you're not claiming it on your insurance, then why cover it?

Because she is only trying to be covered for a total loss like theft or a major crash. You obviously don't want to stroll into your insurance agents every month or so with $2,000 and under claims. Besides, she may still have a loan on the bike which would require full coverage. Make any better sense now?

Oops I didn't see your post Rae...

Amber Lamps 01-03-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 313219)
1) because I am still paying on it and its required
2) because if I do crash and it will cost more than my deductible to repair, I can use the insurance
3)if I do take it out on the street, since it is legal, and I get my ass run over, its better to keep the insurance on it rather than let it lapse or reget it every time I decided to street it
4)its a personal choice and doesnt require your approval or make sense to you :wink:

Yea what she said!

TYEster 01-03-2010 10:53 AM

The only thing that insures my "off-road" vehicle would be my home-owners ins in the event thieves get around my garage door and 15 hollow point rounds.

Sean 01-03-2010 11:10 AM

IIRC State Farm allows coverage for non-timed track events. Ditch the laptimer and you should be covered.

My track bikes are all street legal and I have full coverage on them, but I haven't had a crash on the track that required major repair.

lauralynne 01-03-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 313281)
The only thing that insures my "off-road" vehicle would be my home-owners ins in the event thieves get around my garage door and 15 hollow point rounds.

double check your homeowners - ours will NOT cover vehicles with motors even stored in our garage, even the off road bikes. I have to have moto insurance to cover any of our vehicles - bikes/cars/quads, if it has a motor...it's not covered.

shmike 01-03-2010 12:16 PM

Nope.

azoomm 01-03-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauralynne (Post 313287)
double check your homeowners - ours will NOT cover vehicles with motors even stored in our garage, even the off road bikes. I have to have moto insurance to cover any of our vehicles - bikes/cars/quads, if it has a motor...it's not covered.

Yup. Homeowners insurance won't cover any vehicle that has wheels - there is usually a stipulation about vehicles that are being worked on and without wheels. Their idea is that if something happens it can be removed from the garage "easily". So, if it's on blocks with the wheels off - you're covered. Othewise, SOL.

Our track bikes are covered as assets to the business under my track policies.

Any of our street bikes have always only had the state required liability coverage.

TYEster 01-03-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauralynne (Post 313287)

It's covered.