Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZuck Black ops (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17332)

Mikey 12-01-2010 06:01 PM

Another console vote. It's just easier. In fact, the wife and I just bought a wii because I've wanted one for a long time and the special edition red one with new Super Mario Brothers was on sale at Best Buy for $169.99. This thing is awesome.

Particle Man 12-01-2010 07:33 PM

I want a wii but it isn't in the cards.

pauldun170 12-01-2010 08:21 PM

I'm not knocking consoles. I'm just too cheap to buy something I'll barely use

Rangerscott 12-01-2010 09:00 PM

The problem isn't people using consoles. The problem is developers using consoles as the standard instead of how it used to be where a game was made for PC power, then de-tuned and ported over to console.

Developers are cheating PC gamers. They're being cheap and lazy.

pauldun170 12-01-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 429329)
The problem isn't people using consoles. The problem is developers using consoles as the standard instead of how it used to be where a game was made for PC power, then de-tuned and ported over to console.

Developers are cheating PC gamers. They're being cheap and lazy.

They are going the route that best insures a return on their investment.

Rangerscott 12-01-2010 10:18 PM

Which means screwing over the people that helped them get to where they are today.

Porkchop 12-01-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 429289)
I just beat the Solo Campaign.

Works just fine on my Shitty tied down to one spot Console.

What do you do cook dinner and play black ops? Not many people need to be "Mobile" when playing video games...Thats the point isnt it? To sit on your ass do nothing and sit in your Comfy Chair in front of your ridiculously huge tv?

Alas, You PC Guys are hardcore as I've ever seen. Personally I could give a fuck who plays on what.

Hey Sixxxxers back! Whats up dude?

Porkchop 12-01-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 429338)
Which means screwing over the people that helped them get to where they are today.

Times change. Things die. You could name a whole list of things that have gave way to new, better, or easier ways of doing something. Railroad transportation, carbed bikes, VHS, etc etc etc....

Rangerscott 12-01-2010 10:55 PM

How is having dubbed down graphics, AI, controls (debatable), etc better?

I'm not a pc all the way guy. I have the 360 and ps3 too. It would be nice for developers to go all out on the PC version since a lot of people pay for hardware to be pushed by software.

Porkchop 12-01-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 429345)
How is having dubbed down graphics, AI, controls (debatable), etc better?

I'm not a pc all the way guy. I have the 360 and ps3 too. It would be nice for developers to go all out on the PC version since a lot of people pay for hardware to be pushed by software.

Im not saying its specifially better in this aspect, or that aspect. Its just they way of the trends. Companies go where the money is, and sometimes it pisses their fans off. Its easier to pop in a disk and play. Rather than sit there and download a game on to your harddrive, then customize your video card and sound card for the specific game you are playing, etc. I used to be a CP gamer too, it just got old.