Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   What cars have you recently rented? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=4238)

Homeslice 10-12-2011 02:32 PM

Had to google Jeep Patriot to learn what it was. When I saw that it uses the same chassis as a Dodge Caliber, it explained everything.

anthonyk 10-12-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 494194)
I've been stuck with 7 Malibu's over the past couple months while on business trips. It's a quiet and comfortable car, however, the thing is WAY under powered with the 4 cyl engine. The transmission just makes it worse: If you push it off the line, the thing will actually red-line and bounce off the limiter before before catching up and going to the next gear... Which is interesting because you're lucky if you're doing 3mph by that point :lol:

Just got one on this trip. I'll have to test that out. :lol:

Corey 10-12-2011 02:47 PM

This past weekend, my friend and I rented a late model Mercury Grand Marquis. This one had all the power options, leather, and whatever else. My review of it is slightly skewed, though. We drove a non-turbo diesel flatbed tow truck hauling a 9,000 pound wheel lift tow truck up to North Carolina from Florida preceding the rental, so anything that wasn't cramped, uncomfortable, and slow was a blessing.

That said, the seats were comfortable. The leather felt a little cheap, almost plasticy/synthetic. Power wasn't bad. There seemed to be some slight hesitation from hitting the throttle to actually responding. The steering was ridiculously floaty. It took more effort to stay in a lane than any car should have. The trunk was massive. It was easily in the tier where capacity is measured in dead bodies, rather than groceries. Not a horrible ride, especially after being stuck in a truck that literally took miles to reach 60 mph, but nothing I'd ever want to own.

anthonyk 10-12-2011 02:56 PM

I measure all my cars' trunks in bodies. Except the Mini I'm currently driving. That'd require using children, and that's a bit creepy.

I kind of miss the VW Jetta's 3-body trunk.

Corey 10-12-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonyk (Post 494307)
I measure all my cars' trunks in bodies. Except the Mini I'm currently driving. That'd require using children, and that's a bit creepy.

How about midgets? Less creepy, more festive.

anthonyk 10-12-2011 03:08 PM

Good call. It's definitely a 2-midget trunk.

HurricaneHeather 10-12-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonyk (Post 494307)

I think my Jettas had 4 body trunks. Loved it.

Particle Man 10-12-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonyk (Post 494301)
Just got one on this trip. I'll have to test that out. :lol:

That was supposed to read "30mph" but I think I'll leave it as-is... it's funnier that way :lol:

Gas Man 10-14-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 494206)
CVTs fucking suck. Can't say it enough.

I must agree.

Had a caliber one time on rental and it sucked so bad. I was never happier to rid myself of tt car.

I will add that I recently rented a dodge caravan crew for a drivers class at work. Omg how do they sell those things? Seats are the most uncomfortable pieces of shit board I've ever sat in. Maybe a slight notch better than a go-cart. In the third row there is NO foot room because you can't get your feet under the seat in front of u.
That class was 5 hours of seating torcher.

Cutty72 10-14-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 494527)
I must agree.

Had a caliber one time on rental and it sucked so bad. I was never happier to rid myself of tt car.

I will add that I recently rented a dodge caravan crew for a drivers class at work. Omg how do they sell those things? Seats are the most uncomfortable pieces of shit board I've ever sat in. Maybe a slight notch better than a go-cart. In the third row there is NO foot room because you can't get your feet under the seat in front of u.
That class was 5 hours of seating torcher.

We also have these as Gov vehicles. (Grand caravans I guess, same thing) I agree, the seats suck! Front 2 aren't bad, but any of the passenger seats are terrible. Does have decent power and we're seeing around 25 mpg average on them.