Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Great R6 (re)Build (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1785)

DLIT 06-25-2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 52489)
Yeah but when you break the mounting tabs on some cheap ebay plastics... who gives a fuck when you only paid $50 for the piece.

Have you looked on Ebay for R6 stuff? Nothing's only $50. You're saving money by using track fiberglass, trust me.

Gas Man 06-25-2008 09:59 AM

Not even slightly rashed plastics?

Supply n demand I suppose...

dubbs 06-25-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 52501)
Not even slightly rashed plastics?

Supply n demand I suppose...

I was looking for my bike.. And there are many model years for this bike.. Trash, rashed, and cracked fairings were going for 150.. And thats just for the lowers..

Crazy..

DLIT 06-25-2008 10:25 AM

You won't get any really fucked up plastics there, only ones that have a bit of rash or so. Nobody's gonna pay Ebay fees to post something that's fucked up and probably won't sell. I've had a lot of luck on bike-specific forums. I've bought/sold tons of stuff from this one R6 forum.

Phenix_Rider 06-25-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 52510)
I've had a lot of luck on bike-specific forums. I've bought/sold tons of stuff from this one R6 forum.

That's the way to go. If you find somebody parting out and they have the one piece you need, you can get a good deal. (like I did with my wheels) Otherwise, see if you can maneuver a dealer- like the one you bought the bike at- into giving you a fair price.

DLIT 06-26-2008 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider (Post 52544)
That's the way to go. If you find somebody parting out and they have the one piece you need, you can get a good deal. (like I did with my wheels) Otherwise, see if you can maneuver a dealer- like the one you bought the bike at- into giving you a fair price.

Yeah, I got my Anny wheels for $550 shipped from Canada. They're fucking mint condition.

ceo012384 06-26-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 52489)
Yeah but when you break the mounting tabs on some cheap ebay plastics... who gives a fuck when you only paid $50 for the piece.

You won't care about the fairing, but you WILL care about the smashed headlights that cost 250 bucks to get a replacement for. Track plastics are more fiscally sensible, hands down.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dubbs (Post 52503)
I was looking for my bike.. And there are many model years for this bike.. Trash, rashed, and cracked fairings were going for 150.. And thats just for the lowers..

Wow that's ridiculous.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 52612)
Yeah, I got my Anny wheels for $550 shipped from Canada. They're fucking mint condition.

Nice dude. I've found a set of the plain black ones that came off a blue r6 that are complete with all the rotors and such for $490... I'm seriously considering them.

DLIT 06-26-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 52623)
You won't care about the fairing, but you WILL care about the smashed headlights that cost 250 bucks to get a replacement for. Track plastics are more fiscally sensible, hands down.

Wow that's ridiculous.

Nice dude. I've found a set of the plain black ones that came off a blue r6 that are complete with all the rotors and such for $490... I'm seriously considering them.

WTF are you waiting for? They damaged or something? If they're straight, scoop 'em up. Having a street set and a track set is tits.

Trip 06-26-2008 09:42 AM

ebay worked for me

under $300 for mint condition wheels, pwned

ceo012384 06-26-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 52627)
WTF are you waiting for? They damaged or something? If they're straight, scoop 'em up. Having a street set and a track set is tits.

Yeah they're mint. You want to buy them for me then?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 52630)
ebay worked for me

under $300 for mint condition wheels, pwned

Luck bastard.. that's a sick deal.