Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sometimes you encounter... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3806)

Mr Lefty 11-24-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 107855)
I am more of the opinion that a suspension setup correctly for the rider is a must for anyone who wants to do any sort of sport riding, any skill level. It makes a world of a difference to ride a properly setup bike. If you can't afford the pricey bits, it's worth it to get the suspension dialed in.

very true. I had my bike setup for just myself... it was horrible with my bags... next time I'm adjusting the suspension for the bags.

Dnyce 11-24-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 107845)
Anyways, I will continue to set up my bike, and race it.

I guess I won't bother posting up what I do to the bike since clearly this crew of keyboard racers (some of whom haven't even done track days) clearly know what I need and don't need without ever having ridden with me.

i swear, short ppl and their temper tantrums

:lol: nice find tho, when are you getting it/getting it on on your bike?

NONE_too_SOFT 11-24-2008 11:26 PM

appologies.

I know what your trying to go for and only wish i could do the same right now. fortunatly i've still got time on my side.

Either way, you still havent told us how much of a steal you got this for. we talking pennies to the dollar or what?

OneSickPsycho 11-25-2008 12:07 AM

Suspension is at the top of my list as far as where my money's going into my bike...

No Worries 11-25-2008 12:28 AM

When I bought my 79 GS1000, it came with rear shocks that had adjustable damping. The first bike to have it. Wow. I could set them for cornering or touring.

In the late 80's, they started to wear out. I approached Works Performance. Their top of the line shocks were around $300. About a third of the value of the bike. I thought about it for a while and bought them. They transformed the bike.

They were taller than the original shocks, plus the originals had sagged. Now I have to be on tip-toe at stops. But on most curvy roads, I can hang with modern bikes. Which pisses them off to no end. Priceless.

marko138 11-25-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 107845)
Anyways, I will continue to set up my bike, and race it.

I guess I won't bother posting up what I do to the bike since clearly this crew of keyboard racers (some of whom haven't even done track days) clearly know what I need and don't need without ever having ridden with me.

Oh shut the fuck up you whiny bitch. Go back to my thread and look at the bullshit you wrote when I posted about buying some Ohlins for my bike. Ass knocker.

You'll keep posting, and we'll keep busting. Fuck off.

zortness 11-25-2008 10:23 AM

What do you have done to the front? I think the front suspension helps a lot more with bike stability and cornerspeed confidence, but the rear lets you get on the gas harder coming out of the corners.

Either way, definitely a good investment. I'll trade you my year old ohlins rear for that one =)

ceo012384 11-25-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 107998)
nice find tho, when are you getting it/getting it on on your bike?

Should be showing up later this week. I'm not in a big rush to get it on. I will probably just drool on it for a few hours.
Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 108017)
Either way, you still havent told us how much of a steal you got this for. we talking pennies to the dollar or what?

I got it for half price. The most you can find usually on these things is 15-20 %.
Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 108260)
Go back to my thread and look at the bullshit you wrote when I posted about buying some Ohlins for my bike

There is a huge difference between you talking about buying an entire set of ohlins forks for your BUELL STREET BIKE than me trying to get my suspension set up properly on my RACE BIKE.

Not to mention I will have my forks reworked and this shock purchased for a total cost that is less than HALF of what you were considering spending on those forks...
Quote:

Originally Posted by zortness (Post 108304)
What do you have done to the front? I think the front suspension helps a lot more with bike stability and cornerspeed confidence, but the rear lets you get on the gas harder coming out of the corners.

Either way, definitely a good investment. I'll trade you my year old ohlins rear for that one =)

The forks are the next order of business this winter. They need new oil and seals and bushings anyways, so I will do that and at the same time do a revalving and respringing at the very least. It will be a financial decision at that point. Revalve and respring is most likely. Maybe play with the oil weight a bit to get the desired characteristics.

marko138 11-25-2008 01:16 PM

Poser.

ceo012384 12-01-2008 11:19 AM

Now I just have to install it, and sit on my ass for 5 months until I can try it out! :panic:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...4/505e3ec8.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...4/e7c93b1b.jpg