Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Eye Surgery (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16420)

caveman 09-16-2010 10:17 PM

I did the PRK. It sucked doin the procedure but now that I can see its really great. Not to mention that it was FREE, yup, free and guess what you guys paid for it for me. It was done while I was in the Army. lol haha taxpayers are suckas

Mikey 09-16-2010 10:35 PM

Just to check in- I had PRK done. I can see pretty well now, but the doc said I can expect that to kind of go in and out over then next few days. I have a follow-up tomorrow and then another one Monday, which is when they'll remove the protective contacts and clear me to drive and whatnot. I have a ton of eye drops to do, and Percocet for pain as well as Phenergan to help me sleep.

I'lll come back and note my progress as it goes (and as I'm able to read) over the next few days.

Thanks again to everyone for the encouragement and the support. ;)

Mr Lefty 09-17-2010 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 409568)
Just to check in- I had PRK done. I can see pretty well now, but the doc said I can expect that to kind of go in and out over then next few days. I have a follow-up tomorrow and then another one Monday, which is when they'll remove the protective contacts and clear me to drive and whatnot. I have a ton of eye drops to do, and Percocet for pain as well as Phenergan to help me sleep.

I'lll come back and note my progress as it goes (and as I'm able to read) over the next few days.

Thanks again to everyone for the encouragement and the support. ;)

my vision didn't really come and go... it was just that I was REALLY light sensitive. the third and fourth days I couldn't keep my eyes open for more than about 30 seconds...

never needed the Percocet but used the hell out to the phenergan... I slept probably close to 20hrs those two days.

Mikey 09-18-2010 11:59 AM

Saw the doc yesterday. She said that I'm healing quite well and I'm actually a little ahead of schedule. My next appointment is Monday. I felt pretty good all day yesterday, but this morning I've actually got a little bit of pain. It's manageable with the Percocet, though, and today should be the worst of it. I guess we'll see. ;)

Rangerscott 09-19-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 409338)
I used to... but they make it worse in the AM... especially the gel drops... :idk:

Hmmm. Told a doc that my eyes are sometimes dry when i wake up. He said just to put a couple drops in before i fall asleep. I havent done it in awhile so i cant remember if it works.

Mr Lefty 09-19-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 410128)
Hmmm. Told a doc that my eyes are sometimes dry when i wake up. He said just to put a couple drops in before i fall asleep. I havent done it in awhile so i cant remember if it works.

yeah I was told the same... but it just make it worse... mainly cause they gunk up my eyes... especially the gel ones...

haven't had a problem in 3 days now...

Angee 09-20-2010 10:16 PM

The drops I got for dry-eye when I got glasses seem to make me need them more...just use plain old saline...seriously...

Homeslice 09-20-2010 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the shit...

Rangerscott 09-20-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angee (Post 410547)
The drops I got for dry-eye when I got glasses seem to make me need them more...just use plain old saline...seriously...

My eyes are weird. When I have my contacts I can just use saline, but if my contacts are out saline burns more than just regular eye drops.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 410551)
the shit...

You put shit in your eyes?