Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Southeast Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Hey Drewp, bouncer of doom, look what you missed! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2791)

DLIT 10-09-2008 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT BSTRD (Post 77768)

That guy is so upright, it looks like somebody photochopped him making it look like he's leaning, haha.

jeeps84 10-09-2008 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT BSTRD (Post 77763)

Hope he doesn't fall off!
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 77848)
That guy is so upright, it looks like somebody photochopped him making it look like he's leaning, haha.

You don't have to hang off to make a turn, it just helps.

marko138 10-09-2008 08:38 AM

Love the Buell pics.

DLIT 10-09-2008 08:57 AM

I know you don't have to hang off. The amount of pressure that guy has on his suspension by staying directly on the center line of his bike is too much for me. Sometimes just riding into work, I won't hang off and I just feel so vulnerable in a corner because I stayed directly on top of it. Maybe it's because I'm use to hanging off a bit and it feels 10x better than not.

marko138 10-09-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 77901)
I know you don't have to hang off. The amount of pressure that guy has on his suspension by staying directly on the center line of his bike is too much for me. Sometimes just riding into work, I won't hang off and I just feel so vulnerable in a corner because I stayed directly on top of it. Maybe it's because I'm use to hanging off a bit and it feels 10x better than not.

I hear ya. Staying right on top feels a little wierd.

Trip 10-09-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 77903)
I hear ya. Staying right on top feels a little wierd.

It feels a lot better to stay in the center of a touring bike to me. I don't like staying centered on the cbarrr at all.

ceo012384 10-09-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT BSTRD (Post 77763)

That's a sweet shot, dude :cheers:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 77901)

I am incredibly uncomfortable riding at any sort of speed above "slow" without hanging off. REALLY don't like it.

I hang off a lot... that way as I get faster and faster I won't need to change my positioning at all... it will just be correct already. For example:

http://www.owenssportsphotos.com/Pho...81001d142l.jpg

PhiSig1071 10-09-2008 11:34 AM

Yep, I don't feel comfortable at all unless I shift my weight. Now on the street that usually means just my upper body, with my ass moving a couple inches at most.

the chi 10-09-2008 11:43 AM

Ive reached the point where if I dont move, I feel like Im going to wreck...i cant take even a slight turn without at least shifting my weight, but for more agressive rides I tend to move my lower half more, and slide my body round the tank versus a full hang off with upper too.

smileyman 10-09-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 77969)
Ive reached the point where if I dont move, I feel like Im going to wreck...i cant take even a slight turn without at least shifting my weight, but for more agressive rides I tend to move my lower half more, and slide my body round the tank versus a full hang off with upper too.

Perhaps your just hyper active? I am kinda the same way gotta be shifting weight adjusting my grip. I don't hang off near as far as teh guy on the red Buell though. I am a classic half cheeker. I think that guy is holding on the tank with his inner knee. Great pic s though.

I have yet to ever drag a knee on a public road despite alot of hi rpm highway miles over the last 13-14 years. I really dont feel its necessary.