Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How do you know which bike to buy? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=623)

Becca_007 03-17-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombadillo (Post 17924)
Right now it seems to be the z1000 z750s fz6, sv650s (not the best tourer by all means but capable) f4i. Those seem to be the key tickets lately. Lemme know what anyone thinks.

Skip the Z1000 if you are interested in long distance riding. The seating position is comfortable enough but there is zero wind protection. The Z750S had much better protection and the same comfortable riding position. On either of those bikes you would want to upgrade the seat itself though. A Corbin is perhaps the best mod I've purchased so far. I'm not sure about the other two bikes.

Cutty72 03-17-2008 03:15 PM

The SV was a right place at the right time kinda deal.

My next bike...
I want something that is commuter comfortable
I want something that is trackable when I want
I like the street friendlyness of the V-twin (ie power everywhere)
Naked is good
Insurance can't be more than the bike payment
I want new.

After all that, the Buell is getting the :dthumb:

marko138 03-17-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 18183)
The SV was a right place at the right time kinda deal.

My next bike...
I want something that is commuter comfortable
I want something that is trackable when I want
I like the street friendlyness of the V-twin (ie power everywhere)
Naked is good
Insurance can't be more than the bike payment
I want new.

After all that, the Buell is getting the :dthumb:

Damn right.

OTB 03-19-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 18199)
Damn right.

Marko is a Buell Ho!

Becca_007 03-19-2008 12:05 PM

Any to answer the question in the original thread....

To me, comfort is most important when actually purchasing. Sure you can mod a bike to fit but some things you just can't change.

Next come price/performance. I throw those together because I figure they go hand in hand. I'd evaluate the difference between say a 600cc and 1000cc bike. Are the extra ccs really worth the extra cost? And here is where I become a real naked bike fan. I can't justify paying more money for the plastics on the supersports, when I could put that money towards more performance.

I like to think that looks fall after all that. Looks can always be changed.

But now that I have all that types out it's really the entire package that I look at. Before buying anything I would have a spreadsheet with price, performance, and sidenotes all laid out.

DLIT 03-19-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTB (Post 19466)
Marko is a Buell Ho!

For real. It's a shame.

itgirl 03-19-2008 11:33 PM

i bought the bike i thought was pretty. i've always been partial to kawasaki though.

Crazy 03-19-2008 11:56 PM

actually one of the main reasons I bought an SV650 was because of what I heard from this forum (and :twf:). I did read a TON of reviews online and in magazines.

DLIT 03-19-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy (Post 20174)
actually one of the main reasons I bought an SV650 was because of this forum (and :twf:). I did read a TON of reviews online and in magazines.

Gooder starter bike. So much shit you can do to 'em to make 'em better, too. Like putting a GSXR front end on 'em, for example.

Dave 03-20-2008 01:22 AM

haha actually i became interested in buying a 954 shortly after i unlocked one in tourist trophy :P liked it enough to get me to dig up old reviews and start looking around for one. and when my buddy mentioned one at the local shop with obscenely low miles i had to go scope it out and well, we all know how that worked out