Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Who here has never dragged a knee? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7211)

Mr Lefty 04-04-2009 09:54 PM

nope neva... but I will this year

Rangerscott 04-04-2009 10:03 PM

I dont have the gear to drag.

AquaPython 04-04-2009 10:09 PM

i broke my dragging cherry this last Sunday, it was my second track day. but i have to say , when i did , it was my first session, and it was by far the slowest and most uncomfortable session of the day (naturally). the rest of the day i got a lot faster, and never managed to touch again. if you really want to drag at the track, i recommend going over the rumble strips, they are raised quite a few inches, but once you touch one of those you are gonna want to get right off of em. oh yea, and being a lanky long legged bastard with huge ass femurs helps got the knee down too! (unlike me)

Frostz28 04-05-2009 01:10 AM

at the track yes, once on the street but that was mid crash so I don't think thats what you are looking for. I used to be obsessed with it on the street cause I was young and thats what the guys I rode with said was cool. Then I finally gave up and just tried to ride smooth, I started to notice that mid corner I would have to slow up for some of these guys, they would be in front of me draggin and I wasn't, but I was still catching them. So I gave up and shortly afterwords found a much more intelligent group to ride with. Now I don't even attempt it on the streets. So I have learned that if you go out (hopefully to a track) and are trying to put a knee down you might accomplish it but chances are you will be sacrificing form and a good line to get it done, and you will actually end up being slower. As others have said if you just look for a good line and work on your body position it will eventually just happen naturally, and you won't have to sacrifice anything. A lot of people will tell you that its not a big deal and doesn't mean you are fast, which is entirely true but I can PROMISE you that the first time you do it... You will smile!

tached1000rr 04-05-2009 01:56 AM

I've scraped my boot as well

DLIT 04-05-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamerhaw (Post 191244)
This may come as a surprise, but I have NOT...but..

just because you drag a knee, doesnt always mean you are fast, i'm not slow, i ride with a bunch that do drag knee, but i've passed MANY on the inside while they were draggin and i wasn't

Is this suppose to be breaking news?

rogue 04-05-2009 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 191445)
Is this suppose to be breaking news?

:lol: :lol:

BobTheBiker 04-05-2009 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 191357)
nope neva... but I will this year

you cant drag knees, your specialty is defined as looping bikes already.

I havent dragged a knee yet, although I feel like I'm coming closer and closer to that point now. if I'd stayed with my first EX500, I sure as hell would have been dragging knees.

I'm trying to refrain from such absurdities on my 1000R on account of it weighs 666 pounds with a full tank, MINUS my 120 pounds, putting me close to 800, and I'm not willing to crash that fucker and have to pick it up again. well that and there arent any good sport tires or even really sticky tires available for the 16" rims.

when I get pissed and find another EX500, or a ninja 650R to play around with, I'll worry about getting a knee down. for now, IDGAF.

Mr Lefty 04-05-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheBiker (Post 191450)
you cant drag knees, your specialty is defined as looping bikes already.

I havent dragged a knee yet, although I feel like I'm coming closer and closer to that point now. if I'd stayed with my first EX500, I sure as hell would have been dragging knees.

I'm trying to refrain from such absurdities on my 1000R on account of it weighs 666 pounds with a full tank, MINUS my 120 pounds, putting me close to 800, and I'm not willing to crash that fucker and have to pick it up again. well that and there arent any good sport tires or even really sticky tires available for the 16" rims.

when I get pissed and find another EX500, or a ninja 650R to play around with, I'll worry about getting a knee down. for now, IDGAF.

:lol: bastard...

honestly... I don't really care too much about getting a knee down... I need to work on so much more first :lol:

Smittie61984 04-05-2009 02:39 PM

If I want to drag a knee I would never be able to to save my life. Normally when my knee hits (which is rare) I don't even realize it until I feel the tug because I wasn't trying to.