Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I went and did it (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11240)

tommymac 10-27-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 283550)
We are kicking you out of the elitist club. A member will be over shortly to confiscate all elitist items and your shit will start stinking again.

I can live with that but am I still in the circle :lol:

I also had ribs, brisket and a few beers for dinner last night so there will be some stank comming real soon :lol:

Tom

marko138 10-27-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 283566)
are they VS?

No. Private ownership.

Adeptus_Minor 10-27-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 283569)
and with the belt drive, how is maintenance/durability of them compared to chains?

Tom

I may be wrong (like that ever happens :rolleyes:) but I think that belt is good for some ungodly high mileage, unless you get a rock in there and break it.

marko138 10-27-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 283570)
I can live with that but am I still in the circle :lol:

I also had ribs, brisket and a few beers for dinner last night so there will be some stank comming real soon :lol:

Tom

Don't worry about that belt. It's quiet. There's no slop. It should last the life of the bike, barring rocks or wheelie abuse.

wildchild 10-27-2009 10:44 AM

can probably still get a manual from a dealership. picked one up for my HD for $60.

Adeptus_Minor 10-27-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 283573)
Don't worry about that belt. It's quiet. There's no slop. It should last the life of the bike, barring rocks or wheelie abuse.

Yeah, that's what I thought.
The Warrior was that way too.. the only guys I know that had to replace them either didn't keep an eye on the tension or took off the guards and got a rock in the pulley.

marko138 10-27-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 283576)
The Warrior was that way too.. the only guys I know that had to replace them either didn't keep an eye on the tension or took off the guards and got a rock in the pulley.

I took my upper guard off. Lower is still on. Never had a problem.

Amber Lamps 10-27-2009 12:27 PM

Congrats bro! $7k isn't bad... I'm surprised that he won't ship it to a dealer by you through Harley's truck system...:idk: I called a dealer back in Michigan and they advised me that they would be MORE than happy to send me a bike to the local Harley dealer!:lol:

tommymac 10-27-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 283628)
Congrats bro! $7k isn't bad... I'm surprised that he won't ship it to a dealer by you through Harley's truck system...:idk: I called a dealer back in Michigan and they advised me that they would be MORE than happy to send me a bike to the local Harley dealer!:lol:

A few other places would ship including gas mans place up in michigan. Seems the red ones were tough to find and I figured the shop is just a little over 2 hrs away so I can kill a good part of the break in on the way home ;)

Tmall 10-27-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 283576)

Mine is due for replacement. They're guaranteed for life and shouldn't cost me any money.

There is no adjustment to the tensioning pulley, and mine spins freely when you apply any pressure. I've been told that this is the indication that it's on its way out.

This is at around 14,000 of your silly 'merican miles.