Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   looking to upgrade (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21110)

Trip 03-21-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 508765)
I complain about having to cross a bridge.
You don't even complain about having to cross an ocean.

I don't think he has yet to successfully fully cross an ocean. This is a challenge, Trace. I want to see some awesome pictures. LOL

Sixxxxer 03-21-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 508763)
It's a very aggressive stance bike. You are positioned not for comfort, but for speed. These bikes are designed to be run in the 10k+ rpm range. That is where they make their power, that is where the bike is happy.

The 3-7k that you see in traffic, the bike will run slow and feel slow. It won't be happy. You will then want to sell the bike and get a 1000 bike, because you will think the bike is wimpy when in reality, you aren't riding the bike correctly.

I get all Giddy inside when I can run my bike above 8k Consistently, Which isnt alot around these parts...And even less with the risk of getting caught doing trip digits in a 50 or below Speed zone...So in reality My bike is usually below 6k ALOT of the time.

And everyone is right...Comfort wise a Supersport isn't ideal for commuting, With that being said. It CAN be done...Hell I rode 800 Miles on mine down into the Northern Mts of GA to meet up with Trip and a bunch of other members and when I got there I was numb from my wrists down to my feet.

And just curiously, The main reason you want a different bike is for a digital speedo? :lol

Trip 03-21-2012 03:01 PM

That's why I like the GS, even though I am not very fast through the corners like I could on the 600RR. I can ride in traffic and have a ball of a time.

tommymac 03-21-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 508768)
I get all Giddy inside when I can run my bike above 8k Consistently, Which isnt alot around these parts...And even less with the risk of getting caught doing trip digits in a 50 or below Speed zone...So in reality My bike is usually below 6k ALOT of the time.

And everyone is right...Comfort wise a Supersport isn't ideal for commuting, With that being said. It CAN be done...Hell I rode 800 Miles on mine down into the Northern Mts of GA to meet up with Trip and a bunch of other members and when I got there I was numb from my wrists down to my feet.

And just curiously, The main reason you want a different bike is for a digital speedo? :lol

dont forget soaking wet too ;)

playtowinthegame 03-21-2012 03:15 PM

no, thats just a small reason. main reason is that im looking for newer look.

Trip 03-21-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playtowinthegame (Post 508774)
no, thats just a small reason. main reason is that im looking for newer look.

you are going to start a long debate with that sort of comment. Get what you want, you are going to be the person riding it everyday, just go sit on some bikes and find out what you like the best.

OneSickPsycho 03-21-2012 03:27 PM

Fuck digital. I love my analog shit. /debate

Porkchop 03-21-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 508775)
you are going to start a long debate with that sort of comment. Get what you want, you are going to be the person riding it everyday, just go sit on some bikes and find out what you like the best.

This. Its a bit of vanity. But only you will have to be happy with your decision. So have fun with whatever you choose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 508776)
Fuck digital. I love my analog shit. /debate

This. I love the guages on my 500. They are one of the coolest features on the bike! :lol:

JoJoYZF 03-22-2012 08:08 PM

A month on a yzf and already looking for something new? Ive owned mine for over 3 years and I'm just now starting to plan for my next bike.

Homeslice 03-22-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 508724)
Ed, its rather nice up this way, been in the 60's and 70's quite a bit and I think may hit 80 tomorrow so there is good riding weather up in these parts.

and yet global warming is a liberal conspiracy, lol