Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   For Sale (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   For sale (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=8221)

Kerry_129 05-21-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 214809)
We might need to clean this thread up a bit.

10-4 Agreed. Sorry about the inappropriate posting .

Moni - as far as determining a selling price.... If you haven't already, I'd suggest searching ebay/craigslist/cycletrader for comparison with comparable bikes.
Especially ebay where you can see what they actually went for.

I think the 250 is fairly 'rare' in dealerships & it's the perfect time of year to sell, so you have that in your favor for getting a good price out of it. And whatever your decision - good luck with the back and the bike!

neebelung 05-21-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 214816)
Id venture to say move everything except the original post.

Meh, there's some sound advice about pricing her bike, etc...

the chi 05-21-2009 11:09 AM

True, but it is her thread and her decision on what to sell it for and we try to keep out of these threads.

Moni, if you DO want to change the price later, just let one of the mods know...

fasternyou929 05-21-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 214825)
True, but it is her thread and her decision on what to sell it for and we try to keep out of these threads.

Moni, if you DO want to change the price later, just let one of the mods know...

Moni said herself that she was looking for reactions to her asking price so she could adjust it accordingly. Me thinks this is just a "feeler" before she puts it on the market locally in FL.

ETA: That post seems to have disappeared, but it was there at one point.

shmike 05-21-2009 11:14 AM

Good luck with the sale.

neebelung 05-21-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 214829)
Moni said herself that she was looking for reactions to her asking price so she could adjust it accordingly. Me thinks this is just a "feeler" before she puts it on the market locally in FL.

ETA: That post seems to have disappeared, but it was there at one point.

I agree, as she hasn't posted it on the local boards.

(Sorry, I might've cleaned it up in cleaning up the other stuff :lol: )

azoomm 05-21-2009 11:39 AM

I vote for checking that price against local CL ads for what will sell. Unless, of course, it is a matter of trying to sell it - without really wanting to sell it. I mean, you can ASK a price all you want. But, if you really want to sell the bike - start at a price that is reasonable and expect to receive notice from people that are price police. It would happen if it were on a forum or CL - people email me that a price is off all the time :idk:

Good luck with the sale.

Moni 05-21-2009 01:35 PM

Thanks for all the advice....I will miss my girl but it needs to be done. It really sucks to get home and the first thing I see is my bike sitting there collecting dust. I'm also afraid that just letting her run for a 1/2 hour here and there is not going to cut it and I dont want to let anything happen to her.

I know I probably wont get more the 3k for her but its ok. Time will tell

marko138 05-21-2009 04:21 PM

I will give you your full asking price.

OneSickPsycho 05-22-2009 04:13 PM

I'll give you $20, a broken beer bottle, and the mystery pills in my medicine cabinet. That's my OBO.