Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Arizona bill would deny citizenship to children of illegal immigrants (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15210)

shmike 06-16-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 383734)
OK fancy boy.

1. List the appropriate item from U.S. criminal code.

You do realise that I'm going to use the civil law card.
The only way I could use the criminal law card is if we were talking about folks busted for crossig the border.

You are right.

Entering = criminal

Staying = civil

I didn't realize you were going to go all law professor on us, Obama.

I'd consider your parking BS a crime too but I didn't realize that you were going to pick my vernacular apart to suit your argument.

pauldun170 06-16-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 383754)
I disagree with your semantic discussion. Breaking a law, in this case a FEDERAL law, means that a crime has been committed.

Its not semantics
Its law.

Its pretty straightforward.

Criminal law and Civil law.
In one...they have to prove your guilty.
In the other...we sue the shit out of each other.

OJ is aquitted in one.
OJ has to sell give up his cash in the other.

Visa violations violate US civil law but they do not violate any criminal laws.

shmike 06-16-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 383759)

So they are here legally?

Papa_Complex 06-16-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Its not semantics
Its law.

OJ is aquitted in one.

Both are crimes, simply of different degrees and with different penalties. They don't sue you for overstaying your admission; they either toss you out, or jail you and THEN toss you out.

Homeslice 06-16-2010 02:16 PM

You can blow off parking tickets, but after awhile you will get a knock on the door.

Just like you can blow off your visa exipration date, but if you do, your visa is automatically void, and good luck with what happens after that.

Papa_Complex 06-16-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 383764)
You can blow off parking tickets, but after awhile you will get a knock on the door.

Just like you can blow off your visa exipration date, but if you do, your visa is automatically void, and good luck with what happens after that.

Yup. A friend of mine, a Canadian working in the US, was told that if she didn't leave the country while her access period had lapsed and re-enter when her new visa came through, then good luck ever working there again.

goof2 06-16-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Its not semantics
Its law.

OJ is aquitted in one.

As I understand it for deportation hearing purposes it is also pretty straightforward.

In one... they get proven guilty, go to jail, then get deported.
In the other...they are determined to have violated immigration law, then get deported.

Either way they are gone, or would be if the federal government decided to actually enforce the immigration laws.:shrug:

Homeslice 06-16-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 383768)

Either way they are gone, or would be if the federal government decided to actually enforce the immigration laws.:shrug:

Which they never will.

Which gives these illegals an "entitlement complex" (particularly the Mexican ones, for whatever reason) where they start pulling the race card and talk about how gringos stole their land and how our culture would be plain & boring without them :rolleyes:

shmike 06-16-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 383785)
Which they never will.

Which gives these illegals an "entitlement complex" (particularly the Mexican ones, for whatever reason) where they start pulling the race card and talk about how gringos stole their land and how our culture would be plain & boring without them :rolleyes:

Too true.

When I Googled "How to stay on an expired visa" Wiki answers gives this:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_can_yo...sa_has_expired

Quote:

You stay in U.S. same way approximately 25-million illegal aliens do: just stay! Apparently no one in government cares what you do after you get here. Think of the advantages: free social and medical services, no income taxes to pay and a legitimate excuse to cry "prejudice" every time someone mentions illegal aliens. However, if you have a 10-year visa that allows you to stay 6-months at a time, try going home once in a while, preach a little anti-American rhetoric, then return to take advantage of the system you don't like enough to fill out a paper asking for permission to stay.
:lol:

the chi 06-16-2010 03:24 PM

snort

Awesome.