Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where is everyone? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22622)

N2O Junkie 02-16-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple (Post 534278)
As in Chattanooga? The gap is king, but there is no shortage of twisty pavement in the Chattanooga/North GA area. I'm thirty minutes south of you and I can spend an entire day in the mountains without venturing more than 50 miles from my house.

I'm in savannah, when we hitting the mountains?

pauldun170 02-18-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 534244)
Gina probably has a good point that a lot of people have gone over to Facebook, but I find that just doesn't provide the same sort of venue for ongoing conversations. Maybe if I had the attention span of a goldfish....

Add me to the "agreed" list

Papa_Complex 02-18-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 534281)
Add me to the "agreed" list

Is that regarding Facebook, conversations, or goldfish?

ceo012384 02-21-2015 02:07 PM

I'm around. Divested my bikes during my evening MBA work, too busy and not enough cash to keep riding and racing, didn't make sense to have depreciable items sitting around.

About to finish the MBA and change jobs, so I'll likely get back into racing. Street riding, that's more of a maybe.

pauldun170 02-24-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 534283)
Is that regarding Facebook, conversations, or goldfish?

Facebook, conversations and I also have the attention span of a goldfish nowadays.

Archren 02-24-2015 12:31 PM

New job has me so busy most of the time, and the only occasion I really have to check on the forum is when I'm bored at work (which is only about once in a blue moon these days). I travel a lot more now, just not on the bike. Usually for some joint training with civil authorities in some part of the state or other about once or twice a month for a week at a time. At least I get to rack up points with Marriott this way. :rockwoot:

EpyonXero 02-24-2015 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2O Junkie (Post 534235)
I feel like all the scenes are dead. Car scenes used to be popping.. along with bikes. Local forums seem to be mostly inactive... there's bike nights here and there I know about but nothing like the pre social media days! Or maybe cops just got bad enough to calm everything down.

It seems that the decline coincided with the recession, Im guessing a lot of people couldn't afford their toys anymore. I haven't been riding much but was still checking TWF regularly but there haven't been any posts so I haven't logged on in a while. Im thinking about getting a new bike this summer though, a BMW 1200GS.

fatbuckRTO 02-26-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 534244)
Gina probably has a good point that a lot of people have gone over to Facebook, but I find that just doesn't provide the same sort of venue for ongoing conversations. Maybe if I had the attention span of a goldfish....

This frustrates the hell out of me. I remember having month-long duke-outs here and on CF. Sometimes it took that long just to understand what the other people were saying. When I try to participate in any sort of conversation on Facebook, if it lasts for more than a day everyone forgets it ever existed.

Papa_Complex 02-27-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO (Post 534307)
This frustrates the hell out of me. I remember having month-long duke-outs here and on CF. Sometimes it took that long just to understand what the other people were saying. When I try to participate in any sort of conversation on Facebook, if it lasts for more than a day everyone forgets it ever existed.

I had a brief exchange with an anti-vaccer "researcher", on Facebook, that would have turned into an epic smack-down thread on any message board. He was pointing to things like a measles outbreak in Quebec. in which 100% of the infected people were fully vaccinated, as part of his evidence.

I pointed out that when you have a 100% rate of vaccination in a population and vaccination is roughly 95% effective at blocking measles, then of course you're going to have 100% of your infected people be vaccinated prior to infection.

He let the exchange drop, for obvious reasons, but a message board would have carried on the conversation without him. That sort of two way discussion, involving multiple people, is a useful tool.

OneSickPsycho 02-27-2015 12:15 PM

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/22/7433899/debunk-how-to