Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Manufacturer War (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   BMW S1000rr (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=8377)

Mikey 06-01-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 218664)
You've ridden them back to back?

He hasn't even ridden all the current "Jap crap". He's got a 929. :lol

Dave 06-01-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 218838)
It is 455lbs wet. That is loaded with Race Abs dynamic traction control and the quick shift. Those are the only items that don't come on the base model. And, those options weigh just over 5lbs.
Pricing is under $14,000 for the base, the 3 options will still have the loaded model under $20K.

The technology and thought out into this bike is incredible.... And i'm not saying that because I drank the blue kool aid.

that still seems really heavy to me. The rsv is far more svelte. Still, id like to check one out when it hits my local dealer.

azoomm 06-01-2009 03:45 PM

Eh, I just figured I would get y'all the information that I have, as I have it. You don't have to like it.....

fnfalman 06-01-2009 03:52 PM

The problem with BMW is that they rely too much on technology instead of good old fashioned engineering on the important shits like chassis, suspension and engine.

I was reading the interview with the VP-something or another with BMW and his arrogance; very typical of BMW, showed. And it also shows on WSBK where they are running pretty much dead last.

I'm done with BMW. At least until they begin to put the rider first instead of computer first.

Dave 06-01-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 218980)
The problem with BMW is that they rely too much on technology instead of good old fashioned engineering on the important shits like chassis, suspension and engine.

I was reading the interview with the VP-something or another with BMW and his arrogance; very typical of BMW, showed. And it also shows on WSBK where they are running pretty much dead last.

I'm done with BMW. At least until they begin to put the rider first instead of computer first.

for some crazy reason im guessing you are on the RSV4 waiting list arent ya Fnfalman? ;) btw, how do you like the rs125? i never heard much about it besides that it came in and was getting the road treatment. :dribble:

Homeslice 06-01-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 218664)
You've ridden them back to back?

Nope :lol: but "better" could mean anything, such as I like the looks of it better than any of the current jap crap :lol:

2008 marked the beginning of ugliness for all the Japs, IMO.

And as for the new Aprilia? Hot-looking bike, but what's the retail going to be, like $20K? lmao........And I can guarantee the first couple model years will have lots of defects and flaws, the way the current RSV's did. Can you say clutch cylinder that leaks and needs bleeding every 500 miles? Odometer that resets due to the dash crapping out? Swingarm that develops cracks and prompted a recall? Electrical connector that burns up? "Immobilizer" anti-theft system that decides for itself when to let you start the bike? Spot weld on the cheap pot-metal oil tank that develops a leak? Rear shock that noticeably faded after a long ride due to its proximity to the exhaust? All of this happened on my 04. Italian reliability FTL. :lol: I'd rather take my chances on the BMW. Frankly I'm surprised they aren't charging more, they could easily get it.

Dave 06-01-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 219050)
"Better" could mean anything, like better styling, better comfort.........And I like the looks of it better than any of the current jap crap, so yeah.

2008 marked the beginning of ugliness for all the Japs, IMO.

And as for the new Aprilia? Hot-looking bike, but what's the retail going to be, like $20K? lmao........And I can guarantee the first couple model years will have lots of defects and flaws, the way the current RSV's did. Can you say clutch cylinder that leaks and needs bleeding every 500 miles? Odometer that resets due to the dash crapping out? Swingarm that develops cracks and prompted a recall? Electrical connector that burns up? "Immobilizer" anti-theft system that decides for itself when to let you start the bike? Spot weld on the cheap pot-metal oil tank that develops a leak? Rear shock that noticeably faded after a long ride due to its proximity to the exhaust? All of this happened on my 04. Italian reliability FTL. :lol: I'd rather take my chances on the BMW. Frankly I'm surprised they aren't charging more, they could easily get it.

the factory is going for 20k the regular version should be within reach of the bmw

Homeslice 06-01-2009 08:32 PM

I thought the base was going to start at 18-20K, with the "Factory" somewhere in the low-mid twenties. At least that was what the rags were speculating a few months ago. The thinking was that just because it has a V4 everyone would be willing to pay a premium over an inline bike.

Dnyce 06-02-2009 02:24 AM

it looks a lil dif from the first pics seen, but i still like it

fasternyou929 06-02-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 218116)
I'm at wsbk in Utah right now with BMW. We have 4 here.

Did they fly you out there with them? I need to get a track day company started...