Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Manufacturer War (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Most Powerful Middleweight Ever?? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15813)

OneSickPsycho 08-03-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 397841)
Wonder how many are gonna buy one and it'll never see a second on a track?

I would.

I'd buy one for a street machine... and rock my Tiller at the track.

Homeslice 08-03-2010 05:39 PM

Needs some regular black. Flat black reminds me of kids in their Civics & Integras.

DLIT 08-03-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 397970)
Far fewer than R6's or R1's. ;)

True that. I got to ride a bud's 848 on my favorite road out here. The whole time I was thinking about what a killer track bike it would be! Just the ergos alone, how they set you up for some agressive riding sold me. I didn't open it up too much because it wasn't my bike though.

Porkchop 08-05-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 398098)
True that. I got to ride a bud's 848 on my favorite road out here. The whole time I was thinking about what a killer track bike it would be! Just the ergos alone, how they set you up for some agressive riding sold me. I didn't open it up too much because it wasn't my bike though.

I've never ridden a twin. How did you like engine/ power delivery comparatively speaking to your R6?

DLIT 08-05-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 399079)
I've never ridden a twin. How did you like engine/ power delivery comparatively speaking to your R6?

I didn't open it up enough to give a good answer.

z06boy 08-06-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 399079)

I've never ridden an 848 but I have ridden a 999R and we have an R6 in the garage.

Handling was/is similar and very good with both. The power to weight is also similar but just delivered totally different. The R6 is gutless down low but the Duc was ready to roll as soon as you twisted your wrist. In the upper rpm the R6 would take over...where the Duc would peter out and be ready for the next gear...the R6 is just getting started...just wind that baby up !!

All in all both are great bikes...to me...they just deliver the power differently...the Duc down low and the R6 up top.

Amber Lamps 08-06-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 399165)
I've never ridden an 848 but I have ridden a 999R and we have an R6 in the garage.

Handling was/is similar and very good with both. The power to weight is also similar but just delivered totally different. The R6 is gutless down low but the Duc was ready to roll as soon as you twisted your wrist. In the upper rpm the R6 would take over...where the Duc would peter out and be ready for the next gear...the R6 is just getting started...just wind that baby up !!

All in all both are great bikes...to me...they just deliver the power differently...the Duc down low and the R6 up top.

That's why you buy a liter and get both!!!:lol: