Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Modding (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Buell Owners: NightRider XiED (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11804)

Tmall 11-30-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 299223)
so, while mine just returns the same value all the time, his actually uses what the O2 sensor is saying, but modifies the value?

Yes. Buells fuel injection is very lean from the factory. The resistor changes the value, causing the ecm to compensate and adds (arbitrary number) 2% to the fuel. The ecm works as normal, takes readings and changes fuel maps on the fly, it's just enriched by X% throughout the closed loop area by changing the signal from the o2 sensor.

Dave 11-30-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 299182)
Who gives a shit what you trust. It's not your bike, don't worry about it.

is it ever possible for you NOT to be a jerkoff? i mean my birthday is coming up and it would be a nice surprise.

marko138 11-30-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 299240)
is it ever possible for you NOT to be a jerkoff? i mean my birthday is coming up and it would be a nice surprise.

Maybe for your birthday.

Cutty72 11-30-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 299289)
Maybe for your birthday.

didn't your mother teach you not to lie.

Gas Man 11-30-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 299168)
already looked it up, it is. 3v button cell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 299173)
Sure gas was talking about the wiring, not the oil dip stick. :lol

I'm sorry, didn't know you were talking about the oil dipstick Dave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 299182)
Who gives a shit what you trust. It's not your bike, don't worry about it.

But marko makes a good pt. What's there to trust? It only works when you push the button. Its not constantly drawing power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 299187)
So this thing is basically a resistor that sends back a constant value, right? If so, sounds exactly like the Dynojet O2 sensor eliminator, which you can get for only $20. Only difference is that it only plugs into the ECM side....... the O2 sensor doesn't need to be connected to anything anymore.

tmall explained it perfectly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 299194)
The ecm takes a reading and compensates the fuel. With the resistor, your ecm is still compensating, it's just thinking it's getting more air. So, it adds fuel. The benefit is, it continues to be dynamic and change injection rate due to altitude, temp, and load etc..

If you would remove the o2 sensor altogether, it would not be able to compensate.

In a nutshell, this device allows the bike to continue to compensate for various situations, but richens up the mixture at the same time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 299223)
so, while mine just returns the same value all the time, his actually uses what the O2 sensor is saying, but modifies the value?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 299227)
Yes. Buells fuel injection is very lean from the factory. The resistor changes the value, causing the ecm to compensate and adds (arbitrary number) 2% to the fuel. The ecm works as normal, takes readings and changes fuel maps on the fly, it's just enriched by X% throughout the closed loop area by changing the signal from the o2 sensor.

Thanks tmall for handling this for me.

marko138 12-01-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 299715)
But marko makes a good pt.

Always. Everyone on this board is always worried about talking shit on everyone else's gear. STFU and worry about your own shit. :gofurslf:

Dave 12-01-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 299715)
I'm sorry, didn't know you were talking about the oil dipstick Dave.

But marko makes a good pt. What's there to trust? It only works when you push the button. Its not constantly drawing power.

tmall explained it perfectly.

Thanks tmall for handling this for me.

ah no it wasnt that. Hd's site didnt do the best job of explaining its functions. It was more of a i dont see how this could reliably gauge leveles kind of comment.

Gas Man 12-01-2009 02:42 PM

It works. Trust me. Works very well.

marko138 12-01-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 300065)
It works. Trust me. Works very well.

No one trusts you, you ride a Harley.

Gas Man 12-01-2009 02:52 PM

True. But do it or I'll be forced to "wing" ya.