Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Switching riding styles (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=18324)

Cutty72 02-23-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 452074)
i switched mt riding style from 2 wheels to 4... does that count :?:

na, just means you're gay :lol:

Rangerscott 02-24-2011 12:01 AM

I switch from riding a like a responsible person to riding like an asshole from time to time.

Mr Lefty 02-24-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 452199)
I switch from riding a like a responsible person to riding like an asshole from time to time.

:lol:

"don't ride like an asshole" is the official forum motto

dReWpY 02-24-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 452202)
:lol:

"ride like an asshole" is the official forum motto

fixed

ericr 02-25-2011 08:35 PM

I switched from an 02 VTX1800 to an 06 FZ1 last year...because I want to ride like an asshole!! :lol:

Not really, but I did want a bike that was more capable in the twisties and still comfortable enough to ride all day. After riding a few years and improving the suspension on the VTX to get all I could out of it, I found that when I got in a groove I could ride that bike at about 98% of what it could do in the curves. I was replacing the pegs once a year and some days I was grinding hard points on roads I knew really well and knew I had that 2% left. But it didn't take long for my sense of preservation to overcome the adrenaline and decide I needed a bike that I could ride at a "spirited" clip with plenty of "bike" leftover for that "oh shit" moment that was bound to come sometime. In all honesty, I've hardly pushed the FZ1 (3k miles since I got it) faster than I rode the VTX on my favorite roads around here and I can tell I'm hardly making the bike work. I'm sure as I get used to the bike (and get a rear shock for my fat ass) I'll pick the pace up some but I really don't like to ride stupid fast on the street. I hope I don't get to where I try to reach the capabilities of this bike on the street because I don't think I have the reflexes to keep up with it now. I do want to rock a trackday first chance I get though and really play with the FZ, I know I'll have a blast!

derf 02-25-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericr (Post 452594)
I switched from an 02 VTX1800 to an 06 FZ1 last year...because I want to ride like an asshole!! :lol:

Not really, but I did want a bike that was more capable in the twisties and still comfortable enough to ride all day. After riding a few years and improving the suspension on the VTX to get all I could out of it, I found that when I got in a groove I could ride that bike at about 98% of what it could do in the curves. I was replacing the pegs once a year and some days I was grinding hard points on roads I knew really well and knew I had that 2% left. But it didn't take long for my sense of preservation to overcome the adrenaline and decide I needed a bike that I could ride at a "spirited" clip with plenty of "bike" leftover for that "oh shit" moment that was bound to come sometime. In all honesty, I've hardly pushed the FZ1 (3k miles since I got it) faster than I rode the VTX on my favorite roads around here and I can tell I'm hardly making the bike work. I'm sure as I get used to the bike (and get a rear shock for my fat ass) I'll pick the pace up some but I really don't like to ride stupid fast on the street. I hope I don't get to where I try to reach the capabilities of this bike on the street because I don't think I have the reflexes to keep up with it now. I do want to rock a trackday first chance I get though and really play with the FZ, I know I'll have a blast!

man, even the punisher could ride that bike at 98% of what its got. The FZ1 looks good on you, much more suited to your abilities. I've been looking at the FZ8, and really love it, I wish I had more money, or I would consider it myself, again if I actually had money. I would love to find a mid sized above 600 and bellow 1000cc faired upright standard, something more comforatble than my 10 year old CBR.

R1up0n1 02-25-2011 09:46 PM

After having an SV650, two R1's, and an Intruder as I have grown up in the past few years I'm riding a lot more sensable. I just sold my 04 R1 last thursday, and the next day I bought a new Yamaha V Star 950 Touring Edition. I pick it up tomorrow morning.

I made the switch because I don't want to ride with a lot of people that don't wear their gear...I gave up on those guys a few years ago and have been riding solo with my brother-in law....well he went down last year and broke his collar bone which put me riding totally solo for the rest of the year. I started to find a lot more people to ride with in the cruiser world, and my wife enjoyed going on some of these rides.

My wife and I are going to take a vacation out to Sturgis this year so we really need to go for comfort.