Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Mileage Contest Discussion Thread (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14325)

Captain Morgan 08-07-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 399395)
about 6k, should hit the 6k mark some time this coming week.

then I have some work to do!! I don't get any commuting miles because I live 3 miles away from work. That's both good and bad. :lol:

tommymac 08-07-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 399400)
then I have some work to do!! I don't get any commuting miles because I live 3 miles away from work. That's both good and bad. :lol:

Good point, my mileage is a bit higher.

ER is 31 miles one way
bronx jobsite is 43 miles one way
westchester jobsite is 51-57 miles depending on my route

So you can see the commuting miles add up fast, plus I want to limit the miles on my car for now so it lives a little longer and I can clear some personal and financial stuff before realy needing a new one ;)

Adeptus_Minor 08-07-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 399402)
Good point, my mileage is a bit higher.

ER is 31 miles one way

Wow, your commute is almost the same as mine.
Sadly the Buell is sitting in the shop with less than 4k on the clock :(

Mr Lefty 08-07-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 399390)
Damn, these posts were about a week apart. Where'd you go to throw 2k miles on the bike?

I'm going to try my damndest for a podium finish, as I highly doubt I can get in the miles to pass you, let alone pass G-rex

ehh 16 days... 2k/16= 125 a day... not bad... I put on at least 50 commuting (sometimes take the long way home)

got one more trip coming up... should be enough to put me at least in top 5. don't think I'll beat Jared, Grex or Tommy... but who knows.

tommymac 08-07-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 399411)
Wow, your commute is almost the same as mine.
Sadly the Buell is sitting in the shop with less than 4k on the clock :(

At least you got almost 4 on the buell, I was just over 1k miles when the regulator shit the bed :( I wouldnt use it to commute too much though since I have to ride through some dirty/dusty/rocky ares getting on and off hte jobsites.

I think its safer in the ghetto in the ER, its not a big 4 jappanese bike so they dont know what do do with it, but it is clean nad shiny and that attracts attention.

thirdgenlxi 08-07-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 399413)
ehh 16 days... 2k/16= 125 a day... not bad... I put on at least 50 commuting (sometimes take the long way home)

got one more trip coming up... should be enough to put me at least in top 5. don't think I'll beat Jared, Grex or Tommy... but who knows.

I didn't enter into this one, so no worries from me, hahaha.

I forget, when did it start anyways? I've logged 16k since April 5th tho, but I thought it started after that sometime

Captain Morgan 08-07-2010 05:12 PM

Damn, I may have a difficult time making top 3, with as much commuting as you guys do on the bikes. But I'm not giving up! :lol:

Gas Man 08-07-2010 06:01 PM

I've got in abt 7k. I will probably do 10k for the year. Not much else I can do. Working way way too much.