Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How hot is too hot for you? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=8822)

azoomm 06-25-2009 01:09 PM

Sorry to break in with something on topic :lol:

Trackday tomorrow - it's supposed to be 105 :panic:

Perfed leathers FTMFW

Amber Lamps 06-25-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 231162)
Sorry to break in with something on topic :lol:

Trackday tomorrow - it's supposed to be 105 :panic:

Perfed leathers FTMFW

Sorry but this thread is in the "street riding" section so track days don't count as "on topic".:lol:

zippychickie636 06-25-2009 09:20 PM

schooled.

racedoll 06-25-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 230904)

This is how I feel when I wear my riding boots and trying to touch the ground!

It was too hot yesterday and today, plus it rained today. It's not so much too hot for me as I don't like my bike in the sun for all day.

Amber Lamps 06-25-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 231497)
This is how I feel when I wear my riding boots and trying to touch the ground!

It was too hot yesterday and today, plus it rained today. It's not so much too hot for me as I don't like my bike in the sun for all day.

Okay here's the question, would it help iyho to have the heels extended so they also touch the ground or no? Just curious, I honestly think that the Icon Bombshell boots are a joke and should be worn by passengers at best or around the bedroom with a pair of white leather/pleather boy shorts, an unzipped jacket with nothing underneath and a grin but that's just me...:drool:

rogue 06-26-2009 12:39 AM

No they wouldn't. The heels are too high and too thin and wouldn't help hold weight.

When walking in high heel shoes, whether they're a pump style (spikey heels) or platformed (solid) most women balance their weight with the ball of the foot. Very little weight or balance actually goes towards the heel. The taller the heel, the more balance we place on the ball of our feet.

For example: when a woman walks in grass or dirt in high heels, the heel just leaves a small indention where it was. If our weight was actually distributed evenly, the spikey heel would sink. We're basically walking on the ball of our feet.

Why do you think women are more suspectible of twisting their ankles in high heels?

The heels on the back of the Icon boots would be more of a hindrince than a actual help. I'm already on my tip toes on my bike. Those boots would do nothing for me, except make my precarious balance even worse.

What would be a better, more possible help is having a thicker sole or a boot that's platformed with a solid bottom. However, a much thicker sole would make shifting very difficult or virtually impossible. I'd need a shifter I could adjust accordingly.