Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Evacuate everyone South of that line." (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22526)

Papa_Complex 01-28-2014 08:02 AM

"Evacuate everyone South of that line."

"What about the people in the North?"

"I'm afraid it's too late for them. If they go outside, the storm will kill them. At this point, their best chance is to stay inside. Try to ride it out. Pray."

CasterTroy 01-28-2014 08:26 AM

Biggest difference:

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...96903345_n.jpg

People in the north are prepared for cold/weather. In the south, you prepare for 100+ degree summers, drought, snakes, zombie apoc...but Al Gore assured us things would ONLY get warmer......so we NEVER suspected he would be......[gasp] WRONG

Papa_Complex 01-28-2014 08:30 AM

Welllllllllllll...... that the globe, as a whole, would get warmer, which creates more chaotic systems, that result in more severe weather and disruption of traditional weather patterns. The problem with the way that the whole thing was approached, is that scientists tend to forget that regular people don't speak or understand thing like, well, scientists. That's one reason that the whole bloody thing has been rebadged as "climate change"; people didn't understand what the term "global warming" really meant.

Turbo Ghost 01-28-2014 09:20 AM

It always cracks me up when people from New York or Chicago, etc. Make fun of us because we had an inch of snow and the schools, etc. shut down. I like to remind them we have something here they may not have heard of. Hills!
I wish they had called it climate change from the very beginning! I think it would have been taken seriously but, considering the average intelligence of those in power, it was beyond them to comprehend what global warming actually meant!

CasterTroy 01-28-2014 10:07 AM

The story always seems to change AFTER the fact once the proficee didn't come true :nee: (convenient)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dBT-SWL71-...hurch+lady.png

:lol:

Like them WMD's in Iraq :rockwoot:

Papa_Complex 01-28-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost (Post 533108)
It always cracks me up when people from New York or Chicago, etc. Make fun of us because we had an inch of snow and the schools, etc. shut down. I like to remind them we have something here they may not have heard of. Hills!
I wish they had called it climate change from the very beginning! I think it would have been taken seriously but, considering the average intelligence of those in power, it was beyond them to comprehend what global warming actually meant!

A friend of mine who grew up along the Niagara Escarpment and moved down to shitville, around 2002, was a little confused as to why a little freezing rain caused the business that she was working for to close. Then she saw the carnage that was mostly due to a complete lack of equipment to deal with it, and a complete lack of understanding on how to drive a vehicle in such conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 533110)
The story always seems to change AFTER the fact once the proficee didn't come true :nee: (convenient)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dBT-SWL71-...hurch+lady.png

:lol:

Like them WMD's in Iraq :rockwoot:

Actually it did come to pass and continues to, despite a complete failure of the general public to understand it.

Funny that most of the same people who argue against "global warming", aka "climate change", fail to believe in the one, despite scientific evidence of its existence, but were willing to believe the other based on just the word of people who lie for a living.

CasterTroy 01-28-2014 10:35 AM

Look Fox news is TRUTH :rockwoot: anything they say HAS to be true!

CNN is full of lies!

CasterTroy 01-28-2014 11:50 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Xs4m5jb.gif
http://i.imgur.com/qAnIpVu.gif
http://i.imgur.com/mLhl9jm.gif
http://i.imgur.com/aROCQb0.gif
http://i.imgur.com/A5cVVPz.gif
http://i.imgur.com/uK1rFeh.gif

Papa_Complex 01-28-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 533112)
Look Fox news is TRUTH :rockwoot: anything they say HAS to be true!

CNN is full of lies!

Actually I was talking about politicians ;)

CasterTroy 01-28-2014 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know, but that's ALMOST as fun as making fun of Faux news and CNN beliebers :rockwoot:

BTW....back on topic....just snapped this out of the front of the office.....WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!

Papa_Complex 01-28-2014 02:11 PM

On the other hand you have pictures from a 30 car collision on Highway 401, about an hour east of Toronto:

http://www.intelligencer.ca/2014/01/...-near-brighton

'73 H1 Triple 01-28-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

We have hills in Pa too. ( Plus an abundance of snow removal equipment too )

My friend Terry was at work when his Dad called from northern AL.

"How the hell do you drive in this shit? The whole state is screwed up right now" :lol

fasternyou929 01-28-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 533107)
Welllllllllllll...... that the globe, as a whole, would get warmer, which creates more chaotic systems, that result in more severe weather and disruption of traditional weather patterns. The problem with the way that the whole thing was approached, is that scientists tend to forget that regular people don't speak or understand thing like, well, scientists. That's one reason that the whole bloody thing has been rebadged as "climate change"; people didn't understand what the term "global warming" really meant.

It might help if they didn't blame money-making scapegoats, too. People made a good few dollars off the premise of "offsetting your carbon footprint". :wtfru:

the chi 01-28-2014 11:51 PM

Im in Florida. I've got my bottled water, bread and I'm holed up in the house. I won't leave till it's safe.

Wait. I live in Central Florida, it's 80 degrees and these jerks can't even drive in rain. You should see the pandemonium that is North Florida right now. I hear they've shut eeeeeverything down. Smh.

On a serious note, I read somewhere not long ago (can't remember where) that the earth actually does have these "cycles" where it gets a lil colder for awhile, then a lil warmer, and it does it periodically and the world hasn't ended yet. And if Global Warming is such an issue, why is the ice thicker in Antarctica now than it was BEFORE global warming...?

Papa_Complex 01-29-2014 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 533119)
It might help if they didn't blame money-making scapegoats, too. People made a good few dollars off the premise of "offsetting your carbon footprint". :wtfru:

Yes, some people made some serious cash on that feel good, do nothing crap. If there's a problem then you fix it. You don't give people a placebo that makes them feel good about waste.

Makes me wish that I had a piece of land and some spruce saplings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 533121)
Im in Florida. I've got my bottled water, bread and I'm holed up in the house. I won't leave till it's safe.

Wait. I live in Central Florida, it's 80 degrees and these jerks can't even drive in rain. You should see the pandemonium that is North Florida right now. I hear they've shut eeeeeverything down. Smh.

On a serious note, I read somewhere not long ago (can't remember where) that the earth actually does have these "cycles" where it gets a lil colder for awhile, then a lil warmer, and it does it periodically and the world hasn't ended yet. And if Global Warming is such an issue, why is the ice thicker in Antarctica now than it was BEFORE global warming...?

There used to be a very good website called "Changing the Climate", that was run by a group of climatologists, that debunked a ton of those talking points. Unfortunately it appears to be gone now. They talked about things like how a higher global mean temperature doesn't mean less precipitation, how people will point at one pole and ignore the other, the temperature "hockey stick", and a lot of other stuff.

And when it comes to bad driving, we've got that sewn up. This was this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWEGnr9JEhc

Gas Man 01-29-2014 01:16 PM

You fuckers in the south can't handle the snow... PERIOD!

Papa... what did the white car say to you about it?

CasterTroy 01-29-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 533128)

I'd like to see YOU drive on a 1/2" of solid ice when your state has no salt, sand, and more 1976 caprice classic on 26's trying to get to the social security office to pick up their check than you can shake a stick at!

See ATL

It's easy to look down off a thrown of hard packed snow that even a baboon could drive in and judge! :nee:

Ya bastard :lol:

Papa_Complex 01-29-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Papa... what did the white car say to you about it?

"Could I give you some money and we forget about reporting it to insurance?"

CasterTroy 01-29-2014 03:08 PM

Nope......"You're on candid camera"

Archren 01-29-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

SNOW is easy. ICE is another animal entirely. Even with folks taking it easy, there were over 80 accidents in the Austin area yesterday morning before 8am.

Papa_Complex 01-29-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 533132)
Nope......"You're on candid camera"

He was South Asian so the first thing that I did was use the superior cold tolerance granted me by way of my 'skirt in a high wind' wearing ancestors, to make sure that he was chilled to the bone in the -17C air. Then, after his teeth were chattering and he practically begged to do the collision write-up in my car, where he asked if I would take cash rather than report the collision, I said no and pointed to the cameras saying, "And in case you decide that you want to change your story...."

A 'Candid Camera' quip would have been lost on him.

CasterTroy 01-29-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 533135)
He was South Asian

:lol: I was watching TMZ last night and they had some asian on there strutting and talking about "making it rain" with debit cards saying "I'm asian I've got GREAT CREDIT...my FICA score is NUTS"

I couldn't help but think "Well at least he's got insurance" after you said Asian :lol: :rockwoot:

Here, he'd be "southern america's" without a license, insurance, registration, current tags, and the officer would let him go and tell you that you're fucked and hope you have uninsured motorist coverage

Turbo Ghost 01-29-2014 05:40 PM

[QUOTE=Gas Man;533128]You fuckers in the south can't handle the snow... PERIOD!

QUOTE]

Hmm? Blizzard of 1991 I worked graveyard 25 miles away from home. I didn't miss a day of work nor was I late. My ride? 1983 920 Virago. I beeped the horn and waved at the 4X4's digging themselves out of the ditches! If I had the knobbies on the KLR instead of the street tires, I would be riding now! Although, I prefer the Virago for snow duty. Lower center of gravity. Easier to slide around with less severe consequences.

Papa_Complex 01-29-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 533136)
:lol: I was watching TMZ last night and they had some asian on there strutting and talking about "making it rain" with debit cards saying "I'm asian I've got GREAT CREDIT...my FICA score is NUTS"

I couldn't help but think "Well at least he's got insurance" after you said Asian :lol: :rockwoot:

Here, he'd be "southern america's" without a license, insurance, registration, current tags, and the officer would let him go and tell you that you're fucked and hope you have uninsured motorist coverage

Brampton has the highest insurance rates in this Province, if not Canada as a whole. We also have something like a 38% South Asian population.

A few years ago the Province closed down something like 11 driving schools for effectively selling driver's licenses. If I remember correctly 7 of them were in Brampton. That's out of the whole Province.

Then there's this little tidbit from today's news:

http://www.thestar.com/news/investig...ke_a_buck.html

My supplementary health insurance company sent out a news letter, last year, detailing 8 local physiotherapy clinics that they would not reimburse for, because they were linked to automotive insurance scams. Five were in Brampton. Not a Western European name running a single one of them. in fact I could narrow most of them down to one single country of origin; Sri Lanka.

This little piece ties into that too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tubPwVSx0_o

"Ragu", as he's come to be known, listed multiple residences. A couple were in Brampton.

Sixxxxer 01-29-2014 10:24 PM

Wow, Just like that he went right over...So without your dash cam I assume he claims you sideswiped him and he walks away with a decent insurance payment.

EpyonXero 01-30-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 533110)

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/cold.png

pauldun170 01-30-2014 11:48 AM

When I'm in Atlanta, I'm always fascinated by the amount of cars driving around on bald tires.
New cars, old cars, expensive cars, it makes no difference.
Down to the steel belt seems to be the general guideline for tire usage down there.
In Atlanta, it appeared that there was an unwritten rule that whenever a car is aquired, the stock wheels are to be discarded and replaced with aftermarket wheels. Those wheels are to be then shod with low profile summer tires and then those tires are shaved down. My guess is that the owner wasn't happy with the lowness of the profile and wanted it even lower. That or "it just like racing slicks".
All driven by people who embrace tailgaiting, and drive like assholes.

I can only imaging what its like when you toss in snow and ice.

As for ice and snow, I live in a hilly neighborhood filled with dead ends that the town rarely visits. My house is at the top of a hill with a steep driveway on a dead end that rarely gets plowed and we never get salt. At most, its a local guy in a pickup tossing some sand down. As long as you keep your distance and travel at a safe speed, its all shits and giggles for me. My fwd drive car with all seasons gets me where I have to go.
I driving a manual with no ABS, no traction control, no stability control.

Papa_Complex 01-30-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 533141)
Wow, Just like that he went right over...So without your dash cam I assume he claims you sideswiped him and he walks away with a decent insurance payment.

And there's far too much of that, around here, which is why I run cameras. It's also why I pointed the cameras out to him, in case he was thinking of reporting things differently. The Police and insurance companies are on notice that I have the video. Police didn't care, since they wouldn't really be able to make a charge stick without having been at the scene. The insurance company hasn't asked for it yet. Presumably they will if his company denies fault.

Here are a few more for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXydk4FLrvo

There are two collisions in this one. One of them is me getting tapped from behind while the other is a van driver who I believe was on his cell phone, plowing into the vehicle in front of him pretty quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kHzrWIL0bo

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 533146)
When I'm in Atlanta, I'm always fascinated by the amount of cars driving around on bald tires.
Down to the steel belt seems to be the general guideline for tire usage down there.
In Atlanta, it appeared that there was an unwritten rule that whenever a car is aquired, the stock wheels are to be discarded and replaced with aftermarket wheels. Those wheels are to be then shod with low profile summer tires and then those tires are shaved down. My guess is that the owner wasn't happy with the lowness of the profile and wanted it even lower. That or "it just like racing slicks".
All driven by people who embrace tailgaiting, and drive like assholes.

I can only imaging what its like when you toss in snow and ice.

As for ice and snow, I live in a hilly neighborhood filled with dead ends that the town rarely visits. My house is at the top of a hill with a steep driveway on a dead end that rarely gets plowed and we never get salt. At most, its a local guy in a pickup tossing some sand down. As long as you keep your distance and travel at a safe speed, its all shits and giggles for me. My fwd drive car with all seasons gets me where I have to go.
I driving a manual with no ABS, no traction control, no stability control.

While I was at the collision reporting centre, yesterday, I heard three people saying that their tires were bald. I wonder why they were there? Hmmmmm.....

Trip 01-30-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

From living in Alaska and my experiences in Tennessee, the people in the north can't either. People who were most often in the snow bank in Alaska were the badass pro drivers from the north with their badass ready to go 4WD SUVs and trucks all ready to jump any size snow drift. It was point of laughter up there. Typical overconfidence of skill and conditions.

It's the same thing I saw this week. People with mini vans, small cars, small trucks taking in conditions that they weren't use to in stride and slowing down to compensate for the bad conditions they had no experience in handling. Then you got the morons with their super awesome 4WD SUVs ready to just go hauling ass through the ice and making sure everyone gets the fuck out of their way only to wind up sliding into a ditch.

I stuck on the interstate for an hour in Chattanooga after leaving work early because they didn't treat the interstate and by the time they decided to do something, no one could make it up the ridge cut without getting stuck. Plows finally came through and shut it down so they could plow lanes up it. Most everyone was handling it well and giving plenty of room in the bad conditions we don't normally see in this area.

This time has a lot to do with complete lack of preparation. I had no idea it was even suppose to snow that day and conditions were fine by the time most of us went to work, no one had any idea it would actually stick to the roads and get to a level of it actually being packed snow on the interstate. The meterologists missed it completely. By the time they realized this, it was too late to stop the chaos that ensued.

Archren 01-30-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 533148)
This time has a lot to do with complete lack of preparation. I had no idea it was even suppose to snow that day and conditions were fine by the time most of us went to work, no one had any idea it would actually stick to the roads and get to a level of it actually being packed snow on the interstate. The meterologists missed it completely. By the time they realized this, it was too late to stop the chaos that ensued.

We had a bit of that too Tuesday morning. Forecasts didn't predict the buildup of ice that occurred around when most folks were leaving for work or sending their kids to school (and then conditions just kept worsening until the temps got high enough for shit to start to melt - around noon, I think). Most school districts ended up cancelling with plenty of warning to parents, but a couple waited until the last minute (after several kids were already at school or on buses) to delay or cancel.

OneSickPsycho 01-30-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 533146)

Same thing down here... People run their tires until they pop...

CasterTroy 01-30-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 533147)

The transition to Benny Hill was perfectly timed!

On a related note....the drivers up your way are complete dick-holes and several would be instances of "Shooting in an occupied vehicle" here in the south. I see why you have instituted the "Russian camera mentality" on both car and motorcycle. God bless your blood pressure!

Papa_Complex 01-30-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 533148)
From living in Alaska and my experiences in Tennessee, the people in the north can't either. People who were most often in the snow bank in Alaska were the badass pro drivers from the north with their badass ready to go 4WD SUVs and trucks all ready to jump any size snow drift. It was point of laughter up there. Typical overconfidence of skill and conditions.

It's the same thing I saw this week. People with mini vans, small cars, small trucks taking in conditions that they weren't use to in stride and slowing down to compensate for the bad conditions they had no experience in handling. Then you got the morons with their super awesome 4WD SUVs ready to just go hauling ass through the ice and making sure everyone gets the fuck out of their way only to wind up sliding into a ditch.

I stuck on the interstate for an hour in Chattanooga after leaving work early because they didn't treat the interstate and by the time they decided to do something, no one could make it up the ridge cut without getting stuck. Plows finally came through and shut it down so they could plow lanes up it. Most everyone was handling it well and giving plenty of room in the bad conditions we don't normally see in this area.

I actually prefer running on snow, to trying to stay in track bare areas of the road. Most people don't seem to understand that traction is better on snow, packed or otherwise, than it is on slush that alternates with ice.

I'm remembering back to one of my trips down to Charlotte. I started out during one of the heaviest snows we'd had in years and I was driving a rear wheel drive Dodge Dakota, with my bike in the back, on all season radials. As I headed toward the border at Niagara Falls I passed dozens of cars, and a few transport trucks, in the ditch. The only times that my speed dropped below 50 MPH was when I was stuck behind someone who was white knuckling it in the fast lane and for the border crossings.

And I'm only an average driver, at best. There are just so many people who are way below the curve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 533152)
The transition to Benny Hill was perfectly timed!

On a related note....the drivers up your way are complete dick-holes and several would be instances of "Shooting in an occupied vehicle" here in the south. I see why you have instituted the "Russian camera mentality" on both car and motorcycle. God bless your blood pressure!

I'd have beaten someone to death by now or taken one of my swords to some idiot long ago, if I hadn't spent a good ten years getting my once explosive temper under control. The twenty year old me would be leaving behind a trail of corpses.

Trip 01-31-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 533156)
I actually prefer running on snow, to trying to stay in track bare areas of the road. Most people don't seem to understand that traction is better on snow, packed or otherwise, than it is on slush that alternates with ice.

I'm remembering back to one of my trips down to Charlotte. I started out during one of the heaviest snows we'd had in years and I was driving a rear wheel drive Dodge Dakota, with my bike in the back, on all season radials. As I headed toward the border at Niagara Falls I passed dozens of cars, and a few transport trucks, in the ditch. The only times that my speed dropped below 50 MPH was when I was stuck behind someone who was white knuckling it in the fast lane and for the border crossings.

And I'm only an average driver, at best. There are just so many people who are way below the curve.

The problem with the ridge cut was people were driving all over it. It was mainly ice lightly covered in snow. The plow trucks dumped a bunch of sand down. Trucks were getting stuck going up it.

Particle Man 01-31-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Most of NY is (get this) hills and mountains... I love it when people from the south think that NY is only NYC ;)

Papa_Complex 01-31-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 533161)
The problem with the ridge cut was people were driving all over it. It was mainly ice lightly covered in snow. The plow trucks dumped a bunch of sand down. Trucks were getting stuck going up it.

Snow covered ice is the second worst winter driving condition. Water covered ice is the worst and on one occasion I slid something like 75 feet on it, without the brakes or steering wheel having the least effect at roughly 10 MPH. Went right over a foot tall concrete curb. I felt like a curling stone. Miraculously there was zero damage to the car. My pride was in somewhat worse condition.

That was about 20 years ago and not the sort of situation that we see much, up here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 533165)
Most of NY is (get this) hills and mountains... I love it when people from the south think that NY is only NYC ;)

NEW YORK CITY!

Isn't that where they make that salsa stuff?

I can't remember; are you up in the Watertown area, or closer to Syracuse?

Gas Man 02-03-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 533129)
I'd like to see YOU drive on a 1/2" of solid ice when your state has no salt, sand, and more 1976 caprice classic on 26's trying to get to the social security office to pick up their check than you can shake a stick at!

See ATL

It's easy to look down off a thrown of hard packed snow that even a baboon could drive in and judge! :nee:

Ya bastard :lol:

Hey this year.. right after NYE... we got 16" of snow then temps into the negatives and wind chills of -45. They salted and when their slush was on the road and the temps dropped... Everything turned to ice. The highways were a sheet of ice and the spots that weren't, were still a road of brail ice (not really any better). The highwas were down to a crawl.. I'm talking average speed 20mph.

The bottom line is that your southern states aren't prepared for it. Nor do any of the drivers have the skill set.

Certainly there are the ones that Trip speaks of, but those are everywhere. The 4x4 anything are usually the worse offenders. But that being said, there are the few that, like Turbo said, are great in the snow. My wife's new fusion WITH snow tires is AMAZING in the snow. I bet it's better in the snow than most trucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 533131)
"Could I give you some money and we forget about reporting it to insurance?"

WOW... how many times did that happen before you got the camera?

CasterTroy 02-03-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 533177)

The bottom line is that your southern states aren't prepared for it. Nor do any of the drivers have the skill set.

Yep...that's part of the problem.......but the BIGGER picture is: 16" of snow tells even the most retarded of drivers

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte.../03/no_way.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Embeq.jpg

But when facing 1" to 1.5" Home grown southerners first empty the milk and bread then go straight home for hibernation with their milk sammiches.....but then you have the "go getters" (mainly northerners, because when you grow up here you KNOW that no matter what depth...it's ALL gonna end up as compacted ICE on every road we have) ...that decide to run here and there at mach speed like they're use too on the roads up north, before settling back at home thinking 1" ain't shit. They're use to pre-treatments, trucks, salt, sand, plows....all the things no state south of Maryland wastes more than $100k budget on for the WHOLE STATE.

This storm was different though. The southeners who normally ride out such a "storm" by the fire, sucking down milk sammiches, were told to send their kids to school and go on to work....but then told at 11am to "come git ya damn kids"
Everyone (including the salt trucks) were released on the ALT hiways at 11:00 AFTER it'd already become a sheet of ice. And fuckery ensued.

OneSickPsycho 02-03-2014 01:32 PM

http://weknowmemes.com/generator/upl...4778769912.jpg

Turbo Ghost 02-03-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 533165)

Yup! I took vacation several years ago and went mountain biking in the Adirondacs up around the finger lakes in Old Forge.

We only refer to NYC because the rest of the state has some sense about it. No sense making fun of people that know what they're doing! The city folks however.....

Papa_Complex 02-03-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 533177)
WOW... how many times did that happen before you got the camera?

Been tapped a few times, but I've only had two real collisions in cars. One was before cameras were really an option. I tend to learn by example though, unlike many other people, so I was running them before I needed them ;)

Gas Man 02-04-2014 07:16 AM

Yeah if I had a few issues like that, I'd probably camera up... what unit do you have?

Papa_Complex 02-04-2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 533200)
Yeah if I had a few issues like that, I'd probably camera up... what unit do you have?

I wanted to go with something that I could use on both bike and car, so I bought myself a couple of Replay XD1080 cameras. There are better solutions if you just want something for the car; cameras that turn on automatically when you turn on the ignition, and that automatically loop record.

Gas Man 02-06-2014 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 533204)
I wanted to go with something that I could use on both bike and car, so I bought myself a couple of Replay XD1080 cameras. There are better solutions if you just want something for the car; cameras that turn on automatically when you turn on the ignition, and that automatically loop record.

And that's what I would go with... IDK maybe... I would consider getting something a bit more portable so it could be taken from car to car.

Papa_Complex 02-06-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 533229)
And that's what I would go with... IDK maybe... I would consider getting something a bit more portable so it could be taken from car to car.

You might want to look at the Sony Action Cam. The long and narrow format is more conducive to use on a motorcycle than I think something like a GoPro is, and they have a bunch of accessories available. I saw them at the CSBK nationals, last year, and was fairly impressed.

http://store.sony.com/action-cam/cat...tid-Action-Cam