Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What's your 2010 schedule shaping up to look like? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=12478)

OreoGaborio 12-31-2009 04:22 PM

What's your 2010 schedule shaping up to look like?

Been working on my schedule for the year today, trying to figure out when I can instruct at the track, when I can coach MSF, when I'm racing, blah blah blah.... I've got a lotta shit going on for me this year, just figured I'd post up & see what everyone else has planned for 2010 & see if there's any chances to meet any fellow TWF.C members :)

Anyway, here's my proposed schedule at the moment.

Apr 2,3,4 or 9,10,11 MSF
Apr 24-25 LRRS weekend #1 - Loudon, NH

May 3-4, TTD NJMP - Thunderbolt, NJMP
May 12, TTD NHMS - Loudon, NH
May 15-16, LRRS weekend #2 - Loudon, NH
May 29-30, LRRS weekend #3 - Loudon, NH

Jun 18,19,20, MSF
Jun 11-13, LRRS weekend #4 Loudon Classic - Loudon, NH
Jun 15-16, TTD NHMS - Loudon, NH or Jun 28-29, TTD NJMP - Thunderbolt, NJMP

Jul 2,3,4, MSF
Jul 17-18, LRRS weekend #5 - Loudon, NH
Jul 19-20, TTD NHMS - Loudon, NH
Jul 23,24,25, MSF

Aug 7-8, LRRS weekend #6 - Loudon, NH
Aug 9-10, TTD NHMS - Loudon, NH
Aug 13,14,15 or 20,21,22, MSF
(Aug 30-31, TTD NJMP - Thunderbolt, NJMP?)

Sep 4-5, LRRS weekend #7 - Loudon, NH
Sep 17,18,19, MSF
Sep 26-27, TTD NJMP - Thunderbolt then Lightning NJMP

Oct 2-3, LRRS weekend #8 - Loudon, NH
Oct 5-6, TTD NHMS - Loudon, NH

Friggin a... Full plate anyone? :skep:

That doesn't even include the fact that I hope to be able to add a couple of CCS/ASRA weekends at other tracks to the mix and maybe even the 8 Hour race in Daytona (and a LW sprint race or two) IF it ends up being scheduled on the calendar. :tremble:

marko138 12-31-2009 04:33 PM

Wide open at this point. May or may not make it to the track. Probly not.

racedoll 12-31-2009 04:53 PM

I don't see OH on your schedule... :tt:
How do you expect to meet any of us when you don't leave New Hampshire? :)

Oh, don't have anything on my schedule yet. Still hoping to make it down for the rally in May/June.

OreoGaborio 12-31-2009 05:08 PM

Hey, I leave NH... Every time I go home from the track :D Seriously though, I'm doin NJMP a few times, aren't I? :p

I'd love to make it out to Mid O sometime.... Barber... Homestead... don't get me dreaming.

I still have a few Vacation days left in my pocket if you can make a good argument as to why I should hit up Mid O this year though ;)

psychochild28 12-31-2009 05:52 PM

Gotta get my leathers but looking to make it to the TN under the lights day in Aug. As it looks right now that weekend is free on my sched. Don't think I'll get the leathers in time for the april run.

shmike 12-31-2009 05:57 PM

Schedule is totally open at this point.

Depending on outside factors, I'll probably run one pre-season trackday for fun, race about 5 regular CCS weekends and do the usual Instructing/Control Riding with Florida Trackdays.

I hope to do a full season again in 2011.

Oreo, do you find any difficulty switching between Instructor speed and full on practice speed? I know not everyone has this problem but I sure as hell do.

I have actually considered giving up control riding because it takes me 1/2 a day of race practice just to get back on pace.

I may bring a 2nd bike to the trackdays as a strictly Novice/Intermediate control bike.

OreoGaborio 12-31-2009 06:11 PM

Yeah, Mike, sometimes it can be really tough switching rolls.

I can flip the switch from Racer to Instructor quickly and easily, but it can be very hard sometimes to go the other way around & go from Instructor to Racer.

In fact I had some big issues with that in '08 when I had some race weekends right after a 2 day track day event and it was super hard to get into that race mentality. I was WAY off pace, like 4-5 seconds a lap! But luckily, Tony, the guy that runs the show, listens to me and the other instructors and we can influence the schedule a little bit. So he did his best in '09 and '10 to adjust it in that way that put our track days right AFTER our race weekends instead of just before... And my lap times this past season responded.
:rockwoot:

Bringing a 2nd bike to instruct on is a great idea to help with that... especially if it's a very different kind of bike and has a very different feel than your race bike... I did that a couple of times and I think it definitely helps you turn on that racer mentality a little quicker when you throw your leg over the race bike.

Cutty72 12-31-2009 06:12 PM

umm... back in augustish, see whats available after that.

HurricaneHeather 12-31-2009 06:18 PM

I will just be doing tech at Texas Mile March 26-28 and October 23-24....maybe I'll get to go to the track at some point this year...maybe. :D

racedoll 12-31-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 312593)
I still have a few Vacation days left in my pocket if you can make a good argument as to why I should hit up Mid O this year though ;)

I'm in Ohio, do you need any better reason than that? I'd even give you a place to stay since I'm just over an hour away. :lol:

OreoGaborio 12-31-2009 07:40 PM

Well helllllO Hiiiiiiiiii O
http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...es/giggity.gif

racedoll 12-31-2009 09:24 PM

Seriously, you are welcome to stay here. You and my hubby can chat racing stuff as he is an ex-racer.

tommymac 01-01-2010 01:52 AM

I will proly do afew days aT NJMP, but IU also want to get down to summit point, 2 days at vir south annd a weekend at beaver run or nelson ledges. I also like loudon so would try to get up there for a day or 2.

racedoll 01-01-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 312704)
I will proly do afew days aT NJMP, but IU also want to get down to summit point, 2 days at vir south annd a weekend at beaver run or nelson ledges. I also like loudon so would try to get up there for a day or 2.

Let me know if you do Beaver Run or Nelson's. I'd be up for doing either. I know Erik would love to go to Beaver Run again.

tommymac 01-01-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 312736)
Let me know if you do Beaver Run or Nelson's. I'd be up for doing either. I know Erik would love to go to Beaver Run again.

I need to find an org that will go there. I used to primarily ride with tpm but they dropped them :( I also heard that the track was in financial trouble too so I dont know what thats about.

Beaver is prolly my second favortie track after vir south.

racedoll 01-01-2010 09:19 AM

It is kind of early since schedules aren't released but try Fasttrax or Nesba for Nelson Ledges.

BeaveRun -
Team Pro-Motion: www.teampromotion.com
North East Sport Bike Association (NESBA): www.nesba.com
Motorcycle Xcitement www.motorcyclexcitement.com
Absolute Cycle www.absolutecycle.com
Apex 2 Apex www.apex2apex.net

We would also consider VIR as that is hubby's favorite track.

tommymac 01-01-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 312746)
It is kind of early since schedules aren't released but try Fasttrax or Nesba for Nelson Ledges.

BeaveRun -
Team Pro-Motion: www.teampromotion.com
North East Sport Bike Association (NESBA): www.nesba.com
Motorcycle Xcitement www.motorcyclexcitement.com
Absolute Cycle www.absolutecycle.com
Apex 2 Apex www.apex2apex.net

We would also consider VIR as that is hubby's favorite track.

Doesnt look like tpm is going back this year, they have had decreasing #'s of people going there the last 2 years. I hope absolute goes since I plan to do most of my njmp days with them.

I have been waiting on nesbas schedule to se where they go as well so I can start planning my season.

racedoll 01-01-2010 09:31 AM

STT used to go to Beaver but I just checked their 2010 schedule and it's not listed, which kind of sucks.

So I take it absolute is a good organization to go through? Ugh. Just checked them, they don't go very many places... oh well.

tommymac 01-01-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 312757)
STT used to go to Beaver but I just checked their 2010 schedule and it's not listed, which kind of sucks.

So I take it absolute is a good organization to go through? Ugh. Just checked them, they don't go very many places... oh well.

Absolute are good guys, I spoke with roy the owner a while back and liked whathe had to say. I did one day with them this past season and even though there were a lot of crashes he was very proactive about it and even sent 2 people home for dangerous activiites.

CrazyKell 01-01-2010 06:08 PM

Wide open at this point. I have a race in September and that's about it right now.

Only plan is to do LOTS of track days!

OreoGaborio 01-01-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 312673)
Seriously, you are welcome to stay here. You and my hubby can chat racing stuff as he is an ex-racer.

Hahahahaha, how'd I know you were gonna bring him up? :p

I appreciate the offer, though but if I ever get out there I'm sure I won't be the only one comin. I wouldn't wanna put you through dealing with me AND my friends. :D

tommymac 01-01-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 312879)

I appreciate the offer, though but if I ever get out there I'm sure I won't be the only one comin. I wouldn't wanna put you through dealing with me AND my friends. :D

bunch of drunken track junkies/racers always makes for some good times :lol:

Tom

racedoll 01-01-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

:lol:

They are welcome too.

azoomm 01-01-2010 10:13 PM

My schedule is up for this year - now to fit in other tracks and BMW. THAT should start panning out in February sometime.

*phew*

CrazyKell 01-02-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Now how do I get OreoGaborio to come and visit me at my track? :whistle:

Cutty72 01-02-2010 12:36 PM

I forgot. I have to find a decent track within a decent distance to go to first. BIR no longer does track days from I can tell... at least not with Trackaddix.
:td:

OreoGaborio 01-02-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 312985)
Now how do I get OreoGaborio to come and visit me at my track? :whistle:

The question isn't how do you get me there, it's why would you want me there? :lol:

:wtfru: :D

And what track is it?

Clay 01-02-2010 12:48 PM

We're probably out except for some mini racing. The costs keep going up and we just can't afford it anymore. :(

CrazyKell 01-02-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 313002)
The question isn't how do you get me there, it's why would you want me there? :lol:

:wtfru: :D

And what track is it?

You seem like a cool guy! :tremble::skep:

Take your pic of these tracks if it gets you up here:
Mosport
Calabogie (I'll need a lot of help on this one!)
Shannonville
Or I could always meet you in Michigan.

:D

OreoGaborio 01-02-2010 05:24 PM

Ooo, Calabogie. I'd like to give that one a shot.

A girl I dated this summer raced vintage up at Mosport. Said it was a fun track.

CrazyKell 01-02-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 313072)
Ooo, Calabogie. I'd like to give that one a shot.

A girl I dated this summer raced vintage up at Mosport. Said it was a fun track.

Well I'm not quite ready for Mosport yet but might be by the end of the summer. Same goes for Calabogie. I've heard you need a good 3 days for that track. Day 1 to take it easy and take it in. Day 2 to start learning things. Day 3 to have fun.

Get your butt up here!

OreoGaborio 01-02-2010 08:38 PM

Not READY for Mosport? Pssh, if you're ready to ride one you're ready to ride em all. Get out there & do it!

tommymac 01-02-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 313076)
Well I'm not quite ready for Mosport yet but might be by the end of the summer. Same goes for Calabogie. I've heard you need a good 3 days for that track. Day 1 to take it easy and take it in. Day 2 to start learning things. Day 3 to have fun.

Get your butt up here!

A lot of my friends have ridden both tracks and love both of them, mosport is just crazy fast, and calbogie just takes a while ot learn because its so big. I may try to get up there later in the summer but we will see.

CrazyKell 01-02-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 313117)
Not READY for Mosport? Pssh, if you're ready to ride one you're ready to ride em all. Get out there & do it!

I tend to be conservative about my abilities. ;)

OreoGaborio 01-02-2010 09:26 PM

Pavement is pavement is pavement... You can ride... go attack it ;)

tommymac 01-02-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 313138)

Just dont do that on a cool morning at summit point, it wont end well ;)

they dont call it slippery point for nothing.

CrazyKell 01-02-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 313138)

All in good time. ;)

Sean 01-02-2010 10:17 PM

No plans yet, but new tracks have opened in AZ and eastern CA, I'm likely hitting both of them this year at some point.

marko138 01-03-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 312704)

If you do the Beav or Summit swing through and pick me up. My biggest challenge getting to the track is not having a truck or trailer.

tommymac 01-03-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 313400)
If you do the Beav or Summit swing through and pick me up. My biggest challenge getting to the track is not having a truck or trailer.

I can do that, I gues once the other schedules come out and I figure out my plans we can work something outbeing i def want to ride both of those tracks this year.

OreoGaborio 01-03-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 313400)

Yeah, I hear that!

I used to ride my bike about an hour & 1/2 up to the track for a track day. It wasn't all that bad, but I also had friends up there that could give me a lift home should something happen.

Regardless, it STILL made for an exhausting day & a long ride home.

tommymac 01-03-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 313533)
Yeah, I hear that!

I used to ride my bike about an hour & 1/2 up to the track for a track day. It wasn't all that bad, but I also had friends up there that could give me a lift home should something happen.

Guys here used to do that when going to pocono, I dont know how they did it. Same thig at loudon, I did a fishtail day with the desmo group and a lot of the guys were putting the bikes back into street trim at the end of the day.

marko138 01-04-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 313530)
I can do that, I gues once the other schedules come out and I figure out my plans we can work something outbeing i def want to ride both of those tracks this year.

You're the man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 313533)
Yeah, I hear that!

I'd never ride to the track. :lol: For the exhaustion factor and the "what if".

OreoGaborio 01-04-2010 07:51 PM

Eh, it kinda sucked on the ride home but it wasn't all that bad... did it for a while. All of 2005, really so probably 8-12 times.

But again, it made for a long day and I also had friends that could have taken care of me if something happened. I just didn't want to make them go out of their way by bring me up there if I didn't have to. We usually went out to dinner afterwards, so it would give me time to relax and recharge a little.

It's definitely much more convenient if you have a trailer, but I wouldn't say it's a necessity. We have probably 5-10 riders a day that ride to our events.

marko138 01-04-2010 09:31 PM

My 'closest' track is Pocono and thats 2 hours away....so, for me, riding just isn't a doable thing.

OreoGaborio 01-04-2010 11:16 PM

oof, ya, screw that.

Sean 01-05-2010 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 312610)
Oreo, do you find any difficulty switching between Instructor speed and full on practice speed? I know not everyone has this problem but I sure as hell do.

I have actually considered giving up control riding because it takes me 1/2 a day of race practice just to get back on pace.

I may bring a 2nd bike to the trackdays as a strictly Novice/Intermediate control bike.

Funny, the beginner / intermediate control riders just bomb around in B and C at fast A group pace. I bet they don't have issues getting back up to race pace. I've had them almost take me out a couple of times and exchanged words.

tommymac 01-05-2010 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 314202)
My 'closest' track is Pocono and thats 2 hours away....so, for me, riding just isn't a doable thing.

And its pocono :lol:

Nesba has some interesting dates so we may all have to figure something out for a td or 3.

Tom

marko138 01-05-2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 314282)
And its pocono :lol:

Nesba has some interesting dates so we may all have to figure something out for a td or 3.

Tom

Yeah, exactly. Really wish that give that infield section a pave job.

tommymac 01-05-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 314297)
Yeah, exactly. Really wish that give that infield section a pave job.

I have gone offroading out there a few times and its quite the adventure to say the least. Got thrown over the bars of my bike once when the front tire planted in a crater out there:td:

Tom

marko138 01-05-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 314299)
I have gone offroading out there a few times and its quite the adventure to say the least. Got thrown over the bars of my bike once when the front tire planted in a crater out there:td:

Tom

Thats what makes that track tough, the rough ass pavement.

tommymac 01-05-2010 08:04 AM

the pavement on east wasnt too bad if you knew where the bumps/transitions are but to go after a nascrap event is a whole other adventutre.

marko138 01-05-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 314305)
the pavement on east wasnt too bad if you knew where the bumps/transitions are but to go after a nascrap event is a whole other adventutre.

I've only rode East. I remember the transitions on to the NASCAR part being pretty rough.

tommymac 01-05-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 314307)
I've only rode East. I remember the transitions on to the NASCAR part being pretty rough.

going on to the back straight wasnt too bad if you stayed tight to the inside and same for comming off the straight.

I think they did some patchwork 2 yrs ago and that changed things up around the bus stop.

shmike 01-05-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 314265)
Funny, the beginner / intermediate control riders just bomb around in B and C at fast A group pace. I bet they don't have issues getting back up to race pace. I've had them almost take me out a couple of times and exchanged words.

We have a few douchebags like that too. More often than not they got handed a CR spot because they are "someone". I've had to say something to get some to chill out. The owner of the org has asked more than one not to come back.

Pace is relative. What may seem to be "hauling-ass" in Nov/Int B/C/etc. may still be way off someone's "fast" pace.

Some people are better at "flipping the switch". I'm more of a dial guy. It takes me a few sessions to dial up to 100% after running at 40-80%.

BTW, I ran BT003's in my last race and at the last trackday: Loved them. Have you tried a set of the race compund yet?

Edit: sorry for the "egregious" use of "quotes."

tommymac 01-05-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 314326)
We have a few douchebags like that too. More often than not they got handed a CR spot because they are "someone". I've had to say something to get some to chill out. The owner of the org has asked more than one not to come back.

Pace is relative. What may seem to be "hauling-ass" in Nov/Int B/C/etc. may still be way off someone's "fast" pace.

Some people are better at "flipping the switch". I'm more of a dial guy. It takes me a few sessions to dial up to 100% after running at 40-80%.

BTW, I ran BT003's in my last race and at the last trackday: Loved them. Have you tried a set of the race compund yet?

We had that problem with a few orgs up here some of the coaches were just out there for a free track day and wouldnt do much but turn fast laps in whatever group they were in :td:

A bunch of my friends are using the race compound stones and love them, I am going to use the 003's this year so we will see.

Tom

marko138 01-05-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 314309)
going on to the back straight wasnt too bad if you stayed tight to the inside and same for comming off the straight.

I think they did some patchwork 2 yrs ago and that changed things up around the bus stop.

I remember a wierd bump a few feet after you come off the straight. I haven't been there in 3 years.

tommymac 01-05-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 314332)
I remember a wierd bump a few feet after you come off the straight. I haven't been there in 3 years.

Was it abump or more of a dip, I think I remember that, its on that little straight before the double apex. Shit its been about 3 yrs since I have been there too.

marko138 01-05-2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 314336)
Was it abump or more of a dip, I think I remember that, its on that little straight before the double apex. Shit its been about 3 yrs since I have been there too.

Yeah, more of a dip.

Rider 01-05-2010 09:26 AM

Sometime this spring I am heading down to Pensacola to pick up a bike that my dad is giving me and then hitting the Gap on the way home. I still want to head over to Sturgis this year. Other than that is just going to be cruising around as often as I get a chance.

Sean 01-05-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 314326)

Edit: sorry for the "egregious" use of "quotes."

It's "ok".

I think they pick the really fast guys with a level head for CR and just let them at it. I know a couple of the guys and they're good, safe riders...but it seems to me the whole point of groups is to reduce the speed differential. I've ridden A group so I have a feel for what the pace there is...and I rode C while I was filming my then-GF and they were bombing past us like we were standing still. I seem to be the only one who has issues with it so I'll just STFU.

I ditched the 003s quick and put on a set of D209 GP-As. They're 190s, which I probably won't do again, but have grip for days. I'm slow as fluck so I've still got them on there but I'll probably run a 180 something for the season opener in March. The GP-As kick ass though! I'd run them again in an second if I had a 5.5" rim, but as it is the profile is a bit flat.

Here's one incident I had. That's a Graves R1, he probably had 60hp on me. I'd bet he came flying down the straight before and was committed before he could react. Their track exit policy leaves, uh, something to be desired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48nI_fT4YUk

shmike 01-05-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 314465)
I ditched the 003s quick and put on a set of D209 GP-As. They're 190s, which I probably won't do again, but have grip for days. I'm slow as fluck so I've still got them on there but I'll probably run a 180 something for the season opener in March. The GP-As kick ass though! I'd run them again in an second if I had a 5.5" rim, but as it is the profile is a bit flat.

Here's one incident I had. That's a Graves R1, he probably had 60hp on me. I'd bet he came flying down the straight before and was committed before he could react. Their track exit policy leaves, uh, something to be desired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48nI_fT4YUk

I'm getting an error on the vid.

I was torn between trying the 209 GP-A's and the B-stones.

Most recently I'd been using the D211's but they are just too expensive to burn through. The GP-A's were cheaper but 1/2 a second slower according to the Dunlop rep.

The B-stone race compounds feel very similar to the 211's in feel and grip. I don't know about the GP-A's but in the 211's you get two choices for rears: 190 and 200. No 180's to be had.

Sean 01-05-2010 11:29 AM

GP-As are 190 only IIRC

Vid was just uploaded, it should be GTG now.

Are you limited to where you can get DOT race tires? We can't buy them in shops, only specialized distributors that are passed around like drug dealers. I got my GP-As out of this guy who sells a few sets at a time out of his garage.

OreoGaborio 01-05-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 314265)

Yup.... Some control riders want to go out there & show the newbies how badass they are where as others, like myself, actually want to help people with their riding. We weed out the jokers that are there for thrills & boosting their egos. That's the difference between control riders at a mickey mouse organization and ones at a reputable one.

I go from doing 1:18-1:20 a lap during a race weekend to LITERALLY as slow as 2 minutes a lap or more working with the beginner group at a track day. Imagine riding 50-60% and trying to show someone proper technique... it's a lot harder than it sounds! :p

tommymac 01-05-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 314712)
Yup.... Some control riders want to go out there & show the newbies how badass they are where as others, like myself, actually want to help people with their riding. We weed out the jokers that are there for thrills & boosting their egos. That's the difference between control riders at a mickey mouse organization and ones at a reputable one.

I go from doing 1:18-1:20 a lap during a race weekend to LITERALLY as slow as 2 minutes a lap or more working with the beginner group.

I liked that at the day I did with absolute this past year. It was my first and only day and at first wa srusty as hell but was all over the place. A coach got infront of me and had me follow him. helped me get back online and saw a few different things. We spoke for a good 20 minutes after the session on a few things and it was very helpful.

he buzzed me later in the day and gave a thumbs up so I thought that was cool that he remembered or was keeping an eye on me.

At another track day a few yrs back A coach woul dfollow me then wave me ahead and we did that for several laps. I went into the pits and asked how I was doing and got the looking good and that was that. I couldnt be doing that good since i was a midpack beginner level rider at the time:?:

OreoGaborio 01-05-2010 04:51 PM

Yeah, I love helping someone out, seeing them improve, then seeing a big smile under the faceshield when I pull up along side & give them a thumbs up :)

We actually two kinds of staff members out on the track during any given session:
Control riders - who are there to observe everyone, make sure they're following the rules, aren't making any glaring mistakes & show people the racing line if needed
and Instructors - w do the same thing as the CR's, with the added responsibility of doing actual instruction and coaching on & off the track, as well as leading the classroom discussions.

So basically the INSTRUCTORS will focus on helping you improve as a rider, while the CONTROL RIDERS main function is to keep things running smoothly.

tommymac 01-05-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 314716)
Yeah, I love helping someone out, seeing them improve, then seeing a big smile under the faceshield when I pull up along side & give them a thumbs up :)

We actually two kinds of staff members out on the track during any given session:
Control riders - they're there to observe everyone, make sure they're following the rules, aren't making any glaring mistakes & show people the racing line if needed
and Instructors - we're there to do the same thing as the CR's, with the added responsibility of doing actual instruction and coaching on & off the track, as well as leading the classroom discussions.

So basically the INSTRUCTORS will focus on helping you improve as a rider, while the CONTROL RIDERS main function is to keep things running smoothly.

TPM started doing that 2 yrs ago also. Seemd to work a little better they would help keep guys online and woul dpull people off the track if they did somethingunsafe/stupid.

Even witnessed it first hand when i guy made an inside pass on me then was offline and almost ran of fthe track. It realy didnt mess me up since it was inside but I wasnt stuffed or anything. But a CR shot past me on the next turn and pulled him in. Seems to me some may jus tneed a lil kick in the butt or a refresher of the rules and I know some def need to be sent home.

OreoGaborio 01-05-2010 05:16 PM

Yeah, something like what you experienced above, where he put both you and him in danger, I probably woulda pulled that dude in as well to ask wtf was going on..

Generally, if I see someone break a rule once I'll keep an eye on them till the end of the session, then remind them of the rules when we get in the garage. I don't wanna pull them in for something minor & kill their track buzz... Twice, depending on the infraction, I might pull them in... Three times, you're definitely coming in & getting spoken to even if it's a minor infraction.

And as with instruction, CR's and Instructors have different responsibilities when it comes to that stuff.

tommymac 01-05-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 314731)
Yeah, something like what you experienced above, where he put both you and him in danger, I probably woulda pulled that dude in as well to ask wtf was going on..

Generally, if I see someone break a rule once I'll keep an eye on them till the end of the session, then remind them of the rules when we get in the garage. I don't wanna pull them in for something minor & kill their track buzz... Twice, depending on the infraction, I might pull them in... Three times, you're definitely coming in & getting spoken to even if it's a minor infraction.

And as with instruction, CR's and Instructors have different responsibilities when it comes to that stuff.

Thats prety fair, a guy could be a good safe rider but make one mistake where he kinda has to make an inside pass or something but saw/acknowledged he made a mistake. I have had guys make a bad pass and i would get the my bad wave but if its a regular thing then they def need a talking too. A lot of it depends on the circumstances as well.

OreoGaborio 01-05-2010 05:30 PM

Yup, fo sho... I respond according to what I see and how the rider reacts/responds, not simply what rule gets broken.

Hell, I had one student who COMPLETELY EFFED UP our pit-out procedures as we were going out for some 1-on-1 time and it VERY EASILY could have resulted in a MAJOR incident. Luckily no one was coming, so there was no harm, no foul... I very well should have pulled her in right away, but at the same time I knew that SHE knew right away what she did wrong, so there was no sense in wasting time telling her and I also wanted to see how she would respond to and recover from the situation.

And she did alright... She blended out onto the track as safely as possible, given where she was on the track, settled down and we spent the rest of the session riding around. Then after the session we talked about everything, from her completely blown pit-out procedure to her riding technique. It turned a ginormous fuck-up into a positive experience.

baninja 01-06-2010 06:06 AM

I've been pretty stressed with our 2010 schedule trying to map out our routs and line up hotels or places to stay.
I'm not going to write down each date but my son and I are planning on running the West coast USGPRU rounds with maybe a NJMP and/or Jenning East coast round. PLUS he is also on an endurance team so he will be running all/most of CMRA rounds. And with Elite Trackdays and Harris Hill Road as his sponsors he will be doing most of the Elite Trackdays. Oh, I'm not done yet... IF we get a KX65 he will be running the TMGP races too. I doubt we have a free weekend from March to September.

shmike 01-06-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baninja (Post 314921)
I've been pretty stressed with our 2010 schedule trying to map out our routs and line up hotels or places to stay.
I'm not going to write down each date but my son and I are planning on running the West coast USGPRU rounds with maybe a NJMP and/or Jenning East coast round. PLUS he is also on an endurance team so he will be running all/most of CMRA rounds. And with Elite Trackdays and Harris Hill Road as his sponsors he will be doing most of the Elite Trackdays. Oh, I'm not done yet... IF we get a KX65 he will be running the TMGP races too. I doubt we have a free weekend from March to September.

Wow, THAT is a full schedule.

Keep us updated as much as your free time allows!

Good luck this year. :dthumb:

ceo012384 01-10-2010 09:50 PM

Racing all 8 LRRS rounds
Control Riding all Boston Moto Track days at NHMS
Really would like to do some racing at NJMP
Undetermined track days will likely occur (VIR trip early spring is possible, want to get back to monticello, maybe some more NJ, etc)

Pete you want to try to do a CCS round down at NJ? I want to race there

OreoGaborio 01-10-2010 09:56 PM

Ya dude, hoping to get down there for a round. Haven't started trying to work out any details yet though.

ceo012384 01-10-2010 09:58 PM

Yeah I haven't thought about it either. Other riders on my team probably wouldn't all go because they're afraid of real bikes (except the butcher), so I could prolly head down and bring another person or two and their bike/shit.

Although before racing season starts I have some more shit to worry about (hmmm yeah I still need to rebuild that motard lol)

squidward 01-13-2010 02:05 PM

Easy 10 race schedule. Tentative dates, just waiting to see what the locations end up being.
http://www.tornracing.com/index%20bikes.html

Date Location
February 27-28 M/C TBD
March 27-28 M/C TBD
April 17-18 M/C TBD
May 15-16 M/C TBD
May 29-30 M/C TBD
Aug 28-29 M/C TBD
Sept 25-26 M/C TBD
Oct 16-17 M/C TBD
Nov 13-14 M/C TBD
Dec 4-5 M/C TBD

Sixxxxer 01-13-2010 06:30 PM

Your in my backyard when you come down to NJMP...Id love to meet up and shoot the shit in between your runs.

tommymac 01-13-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 319211)
Your in my backyard when you come down to NJMP...Id love to meet up and shoot the shit in between your runs.

does that include me too :lol:

OreoGaborio 01-13-2010 06:46 PM

Haha, well by all means, come on out to the track! If you don't want to spend the money to ride the whole day, I think we're still running a "free" get-on-the-track special where you participate in the (very slow) follow-the-leader session in the morning. I'll have to double check on that.

You're also welcome to hang out in the garages or poke your head into the classroom sessions.

Sixxxxer 01-13-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 319213)

Fucking A right....Anyone is welcome to swing by my place and relax for a bit crack a beer and get fed!!!

And OG...Id love o run my bike...But i dont think ill be ready by then with the proper gear and shit.

Ill gladly come down and check the place out tho Ive been wanting to see it since it opened I have yet to go.

OreoGaborio 01-13-2010 06:55 PM

Cool dude, well come on down. With an avatar like that I'm sure we'll get along just fine :D

I'll follow up on the follow-the-leader thing for you... If we're still running it, I think you only needed typical motorcycle specific gear (jacket, jeans, over-the-ankle boots, full finger gloves, helmet), it didn't have to be full-on leathers or anything.

Sixxxxer 01-13-2010 07:00 PM

Sounds good...I wouldnt mind puttting around to see how the track was.

OreoGaborio 01-13-2010 10:31 PM

Just heard back from Tony.

Info on the Free F.T.L. session is kinda limited right now cuz it's still early in the year, but he says:
Quote:

As for the free first session, I will do it again. They need good basic street gear... no jeans though. They have to email me first too... only going to take 3 or 4 per day.

tommymac 01-13-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 319291)
Just heard back from Tony.

Info on the Free F.T.L. session is kinda limited right now cuz it's still early in the year, but he says:

Can I sneak in for free too :lol:

dReWpY 01-14-2010 12:06 AM

heading up a current, 120k research investigation in conjunction with the army corp., tva and twra...
read busy as hell

OreoGaborio 01-14-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 319299)
Can I sneak in for free too :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 319213)

You attached to Sixxxer at the hip or something?!?!?! :p

OreoGaborio 01-14-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baninja (Post 314921)

And THAT is pretty frikkin awesome :)

tommymac 01-14-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 319871)
You attached to Sixxxer at the hip or something?!?!?! :p

just tryin to sneak in some free track time :lol:

OreoGaborio 01-14-2010 11:30 PM

Haha, but it's ONE follow the leader session!

Hell, I don't even wanna do it! Only reason I do is cuz they make me! :p

tommymac 01-15-2010 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 319907)

Can we do it alittle closer to your race pace :lol:

CrazyKell 01-15-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 319907)

But you're going to do more than one "follow the leader" session with me when you come up here right? :?::whatwhat:

OreoGaborio 01-15-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 319938)
Can we do it alittle closer to your race pace :lol:

HA! Expect newbies to turn 2:35's into 1:35's? SURE!!! :dribble:
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 319985)
But you're going to do more than one "follow the leader" session with me when you come up here right? :?::whatwhat:

Absolutely.... The morning FTL session is different than 1-on-1.

tommymac 01-15-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 320069)
HA! Expect newbies to turn 2:35's into 1:35's? SURE!!! :dribble:

Absolutely.... The morning FTL session is different than 1-on-1.

ok how bout 1:50's :lol:

tommymac 01-26-2010 10:29 PM

Looks like nesba has a few beaver run and vir south weekends to choose from. thinking about going ot beaver in june and maybe vir in may then we will see how things go later in the summer.

marko LMK if you want to go out ot beaver and we can figure something out.

Now I need to figure out times to get down to summit main and up to loudon and we will be set:rockwoot:

marko138 01-27-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 325462)
Looks like nesba has a few beaver run and vir south weekends to choose from. thinking about going ot beaver in june and maybe vir in may then we will see how things go later in the summer.

marko LMK if you want to go out ot beaver and we can figure something out.

Now I need to figure out times to get down to summit main and up to loudon and we will be set:rockwoot:

The Beav in June would be really tough and probably not likely.

tommymac 01-27-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 325604)
The Beav in June would be really tough and probably not likely.

LMK about any of the other weekends nesbas out there, I havent set any dates in stone yet.

marko138 01-27-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 325608)
LMK about any of the other weekends nesbas out there, I havent set any dates in stone yet.

Right on. If I hit the track this year it will probly be late in the season.

tommymac 01-27-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 325611)
Right on. If I hit the track this year it will probly be late in the season.

Ok, I am also checking out roger lyle days down at summit point since theyre one of the few who hit the main course. later today or tonight if the ER is quiet I am going to print out a callendar and start filling in all the days I would like to try to get to. Once I see them all mapped out its easier to plan for me. Seems like a lot will work around beaver and vir south. Loudon and summit have midweek days which are easy for me to do so i can work around those, then just have a few njmp days and I do want to get up to monticello too esp since its so close to home.

marko138 01-27-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 325614)
Ok, I am also checking out roger lyle days down at summit point since theyre one of the few who hit the main course. later today or tonight if the ER is quiet I am going to print out a callendar and start filling in all the days I would like to try to get to. Once I see them all mapped out its easier to plan for me. Seems like a lot will work around beaver and vir south. Loudon and summit have midweek days which are easy for me to do so i can work around those, then just have a few njmp days and I do want to get up to monticello too esp since its so close to home.

There's a shop around here that really likes Roger Lyle. They speak highly of them.

tommymac 01-27-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 325617)
There's a shop around here that really likes Roger Lyle. They speak highly of them.

I havent heard much about them, but what little I have was positive. And I think its only like 160 or 170 for a day on main. Seems like loudon will be the most expensive of the bunch.